10-04-2016 09:19 AM
106 123 ...
tools
    Didn't see this posted here so I thought I'd post. This was a safe phone that was an exchange. He left it on the charger overnight and woke up to a fire and explosion.

First off leaving on a charger overnight can increase the risk.

Secondly the charger cord was showing the wires and the charger could have been the cause.

http://pocketnow.com/2016/09/27/new-...ote-7-explodes

http://pocketnow.com/wp-content/uplo...na-fire-1.jpeg
    09-27-2016 08:37 PM
    Fact.... 75% or more are fake. People trying to make a not legit $
    09-27-2016 08:47 PM
    Oh and of course i would bet Apple would pay someone a few grand to say that.
    lions_lair99 and dkbb like this.
    09-27-2016 08:48 PM
    You can clearly see that this is not the original cord!
    DudeThatsErin and jordans0nly like this.
    09-27-2016 08:57 PM
    You can clearly see that this is not the original cord!
    It looks like the same white charger that came with the Note 7.
    09-27-2016 09:02 PM
    What I'm saying is I don't think the battery was the cause of this. I think it was the charger. It could have been faked but that looks convincing to me that the phone caught fire and exploded.
    09-27-2016 09:04 PM
    Fact.... 75% or more are fake. People trying to make a not legit $
    You must show damages to make $. No personal injury. House still standing. No payday. This was a bad phone.
    09-27-2016 09:05 PM
    You must show damages to make $. No personal injury.
    "The episode has apparently left him with two burned fingers and a damaged MacBook to go with his presumably totaled Note 7."
    09-27-2016 09:10 PM
    "The episode has apparently left him with two burned fingers and a damaged MacBook to go with his presumably totaled Note 7."
    Unless fjngers no longer function it won't result in enough of a payday to intentionally destroy a computer & burn yourself.
    09-27-2016 09:11 PM
    Wait, where was this? Not in China, they didn't have any recalled and replaced, I thought.
    lanenubia likes this.
    09-27-2016 09:15 PM
    The fact that there is no pictures of his MacBook getting fried. And no pictures of his supposedly burned fingers means it's fake. Plus the picture that I been seeing of the phone looks fake. It doesn't look like the other real pictures from other people.
    09-27-2016 09:30 PM
    The fact that there is no pictures of his MacBook getting fried. And no pictures of his supposedly burned fingers means it's fake. Plus the picture that I been seeing of the phone looks fake. It doesn't look like the other real pictures from other people.

Foxcon plant! The Macbook gave it away. Nice try Apple!!!! Getting Foxcon to do your dirty work- scoundrels!!!!
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-27-2016 09:39 PM
    Wait, where was this? Not in China, they didn't have any recalled and replaced, I thought.
    Correct. All China Note 7s used a different battery and manufacturer than the faulty batteries. Therefore, there was no recall in China. So how does a recall replacement burn up when there wasn't even a recall? Answer: impossible
    09-27-2016 09:41 PM
    Article said he just bought it days ago... that means all new Note 7s regardless where it is after the release of version 2.0 are all version 2.0. Look at the box and has the tell tale black square right? Do you really think that every country in the world will get new units with the new labeling but China still gets the old labeling?

Correct. All China Note 7s used a different battery and manufacturer than the faulty batteries. Therefore, there was no recall in China. So how does a recall replacement burn up when there wasn't even a recall? Answer: impossible
    09-27-2016 09:46 PM
    The pic is clearly a Note 7. Not a S7 or S7 Edge or S7 Active, etc. Looks to have burned from the inside out with the burn markings. We'll just have to see what Samsung finds because i think they will have to fly to China ASAP and squash the story ASAP if it's real or not. Did he blow it using a third party cable or charger? If so does that really matter? I would be concerned if you can't use other usb-c connectors without fearing some short circuit... I have so many micro usb cables from G2, G3, other devices and never an issue... but I have to be careful of a more modern usb-c being more sensitive to their phones?
    recDNA likes this.
    09-27-2016 09:50 PM
    99% of this story is probably BS.
    09-27-2016 09:55 PM
    Can someone explain to me why that picture looks doctored?
    09-27-2016 10:07 PM
    Can someone explain to me why that picture looks doctored?
    Right! It looks like the "burn" runs at a perfect straight line that is not to the edge of the phone.
    09-27-2016 10:14 PM
    Here are the supposed pictures

New Replacement Safe Note 7 catches fire and explodes in China-img_3030.jpgNew Replacement Safe Note 7 catches fire and explodes in China-img_3031.jpg

His refusal to send it in for an investigation, citing distrust in Samsung and wanting to publicize the issue does make it somewhat sketchy in my eyes, but I won't be jumping to conclusions right now.

Instead, I thought I'd share what I dug up, with some help from people I know.

You see, in this particular case, the rear glass panel popped up, possibly caused by the battery inflating due to a ruptured cell. In this case, I suspect that either the battery overheated or overcharged, causing some of the cells to rupture, inflating the battery quite badly to the point of explosion, indicating that a safeguard designed to stop that from happening may have failed.

That brings me to another thing. There seems to be some burn marks on that cable. That could be a side effect from the fire, but I need to see the entire cable. If there are more burn-marks on the cable itself and the connector, chances are, that it could be a wallwart failure, but since the user hasn't posted much info and that he refused to send it in, I can only speculate at this point.

I also did an IMEI check, and it's confirmed to be one of the "safe" batches.
    GibMcFragger and Bbarbie like this.
    09-27-2016 10:25 PM
    The burn Mark mark on the phone looks a little different then the others that had burned with the battery issues. The burn on the phone above looks more centered. Not directly over the battery on the right hand side on the back and left hand side on the on the front.
    09-27-2016 10:34 PM
    From media reports, this is at least the fourth Note 7 to allegedly catch fire/explode in China. I believe this is the first from the "safe" Note 7s. There are several reports that the newer version overheats and the battery drains rapidly. A few friends/acquaintances have reported this. It's possible that there are additional problems with the Note 7 besides the potential for exploding batteries.

TBH, I wouldn't turn over the phone so quickly if I were him. I would want authorities to be involved, not a company that has every reason to hide a possibly serious problem.
    acentralist likes this.
    09-27-2016 10:56 PM
    Seems like these things pop up every time from random bloggers. Makes me suspicious.

Use a cheap charger, abuse your phone...BAM...phone meltdown. Publish pictures, get those clicks, and get that $$$!

I doubt Samsung's infrastructure is that bad to make the same manufacturing mistake twice.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-27-2016 11:17 PM
    Unfortunately, every new bad report about Note 7 sinks Samsung deeper into the hole, regardless if it's true or fake. Normal consumers.will just take the title as it is
    09-27-2016 11:26 PM
    If samsung dropped the ball on replacement note 7 also then even CPSC aka our government has dropped the ball so I doubt this explosion was legit. The wire looks more silver than white too unless it's all coating from the fire and some but I doubt .
    09-27-2016 11:27 PM
    TBH, I wouldn't turn over the phone so quickly if I were him. I would want authorities to be involved, not a company that has every reason to hide a possibly serious problem.
    He ought to get someone to look into this. I hope he does, because I'm itching to know what's up as the details I got so far do seem rather sketchy.
    09-28-2016 12:05 AM
106 123 ...