Given all these overheating and battery-explosion issues, which type of charger is safest?
    Wired vs wireless? Fast speed vs regular?
    Share any web links supporting answers.
    09-27-2016 11:30 PM
    Just use actual OEM ones if you're worried.
    09-27-2016 11:43 PM
    Just never ever use cheap third party cables and adapters and you should be fine. Always use OEM cables and adapters.
    09-28-2016 07:39 AM
    No one has ever connected charging, or the speed of charging to the battery issues Samsung has had. You are making logical leaps, to connect battery with charging, with boom... but in the end, there is no known connection.
    09-28-2016 08:23 AM
    Unfortunately the whole USB-C and fast charging is a mess. Cables out there that can possibly damage your phone, be damaged by the charger etc. Phones that won't charge with some chargers etc.

I emailed Anker to see what fast charging chargers they offer would work with the Note7 and they said that they had only verified one of their wall chargers with the Note7 but they had not verified any of their portable or car chargers so they couldn't recommend using them yet.

I am using the Samsung wall and car chargers for fast charging and a Nokia wireless charger (not fast charge) to charge at night.
    09-28-2016 09:39 AM
    I use OEM charger but sometimes I use USB extension cords from Amazon and I have never had any problems.
    09-28-2016 09:51 AM
    I'm referring to OEM chargers only.
    I heard the battery overheating & explosion issues were when the Wired chargers were used, but I do not know if that is confirmed.
    Which type of charger is safest? Wired vs wireless? Fast speed vs regular?
    09-28-2016 01:25 PM
    I'm referring to OEM chargers only.
    I heard the battery overheating & explosion issues were when the Wired chargers were used, but I do not know if that is confirmed.
    Which type of charger is safest? Wired vs wireless? Fast speed vs regular?
    ...please?
    09-28-2016 05:07 PM
    The battery overheating and explosion issues were due to defective batteries.

Wireless chargers do add a little heat to the phone, but not enough to make any difference.

"Fast" chargers are still charging at well under the maximum the battery can handle (which is the battery's rated capacity - IOW, a 3250mAh battery can safely be charged at 3.25 Amps), so again, the only difference is that faster charging adds a little heat. (I can't "fast charge" a Note 3, but my batteries are still going strong after 4 years - both wired and wireless charging, depending on the phone.)
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-29-2016 05:01 PM
    Just use actual OEM ones if you're worried.
    This.even if it explodes,Samsung will take responsibility for it .third party charger...not so much if the charger is faulty
    09-30-2016 10:31 AM
    I tried to charge my note 7 last night and would not charge past 59 percent... This morning same issue so I decided to use the systems cleaner and help some, but when I used the app pro maid cleaner(playstore).. worked better!... But there was charging issues, so I decided to shut down my phone and Presto! My phone started to fast charge normal!.
    09-30-2016 11:00 AM
    Honestly as long as the USB C cable is made to meet standards it'll work with whatever brick is capable of fast charge ( also making sure it isn't a super cheap unknown brand with no reviews). You can go to the USB C compliant website to see a list of cables that are safe.
    09-30-2016 11:20 AM