I previously had a Galaxy S6 Edge with the first generation Gear VR headset. Everything worked fine.

I got a new Galaxy Note 7 and decided to pick up the 2nd generation Gear VR headset to try it out. The phone clips in and installs all of the required Oculus apps as expected. Once that is done, I plug back in and get into the virtual lobby. Every time I try to install an app, the app downloads and then instead of saying 'installing', the download button reappears. The headset works fine. I can navigate around and look at different menus, but am unable to install any apps.

I have tried the following:
    - Tried to install multiple apps - All have the same issue of not installing
    - I factory reset my phone and set everything up again only to have the same issue
    - I replaced my Note 7 with a non-explosive one and set up the headset again. Still have the same issue
    - I even created a new Oculus account and tried to set up and install apps that way.

I can't imagine it is a problem with the headset since that is simply a way to view the content on your phone. Every app I try to install goes through the download process fine, but then instead of installing, it just goes back to the download button.

Very frustrating. Anyone else with a Note 7 and 2nd generation Gear VR having similar issues?
    09-28-2016 07:18 AM
    Are you blocking any Facebook processes? Someone in another thread mentioned that they couldn't download from Oculus (even updates) until FB apps and processes were active.
    Cooler299 likes this.
    09-28-2016 12:10 PM
    Did you use smart switch? I was having some oddities downloading vr apps and ended up clearing the cache on all the VR related apps.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-28-2016 01:40 PM
    Are you blocking any Facebook processes? Someone in another thread mentioned that they couldn't download from Oculus (even updates) until FB apps and processes were active.
    Yes True even I came across that thread. They mentioned that the Facebook App and Related Processes shouldn't be blocked in any way as the Installation happens on Facebook servers itseems. If you guys haven't installed Facebook then install Facebook, Login to your account and then try installing. Hopefully it should solve the problem.
    09-28-2016 02:04 PM
    Thanks for the fast replies. I appreciate it. I am not blocking or disabling any Facebook items. I read too that you need some com.facebook.manager or something, but my phone doesn't have that at all. I tried hard reset as well as a new Note 7.

Could this possibly be the VR goggles themselves?
    09-28-2016 02:11 PM
    Did you get the set as part of the Samsung promo and have since changed phones? Not sure if that'll be the reason, but I just read in the approval e-mail that if you change your device, you need to call them to provide the new IMEI information for promo content. That, however, shouldn't apply to 'normal' free/purchased content, though.
    09-28-2016 03:02 PM
    Good question.... I got the goggles outside of any promotion.

Apps wouldn't install on the original Note 7, even after factory reset. I swapped to a new Note 7 due to explosiveness, but that phone didn't work either. This issue is driving me crazy!
    09-29-2016 09:17 AM
    I haven't tried the second gen one (promo unit hasn't shipped), but the 1st gen with an S7 Edge didn't have issues. Since that unit is compatible with other phones, have you tried using a different phone model in the VR unit?
    09-29-2016 11:15 AM