Ringtone keeps resetting

aCubs_fan

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue (T-Mobile) with my 1st Note 7. The ringtones I downloaded were from Zedge. Seems to be working fine now with my replacement. I would suggest removing the SD card and then reinserting it (powering off the phone of course before doing so). Hope this helps.

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue (T-Mobile) with my 1st Note 7. The ringtones I downloaded were from Zedge. Seems to be working fine now with my replacement. I would suggest removing the SD card and then reinserting it (powering off the phone of course before doing so). Hope this helps.

Problem is I never downloaded ringtones or put them on a SD card.
I'm simply using the ones that came with the phone.

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
It's not the best answer, but it works for now.

I started using Tasker to set my ringtone. I already have profiles set up for charging and discharging, so I added setting the default ringtone to both of these. Now my ringtone sets itself to the tone I want several times a day.

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Yea gotta be something else, don't think we would need an app to use our ringtones that came on the phone lol.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not the best answer, but it works for now.

I started using Tasker to set my ringtone. I already have profiles set up for charging and discharging, so I added setting the default ringtone to both of these. Now my ringtone sets itself to the tone I want several times a day.

That's not a bad idea. I've never used tasker before, how difficult is it to set up something like that?

dzstoys

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
There is a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, you will find a lot of uses for it. In the case of the ringtone, I just added it in as the last step on a task that fires when the phone starts charging and the same for another task that fires when the phone starts discharging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance