Ringtone keeps resetting

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had to change my ringtone back more times than I can count.
It keeps resetting back to t mobile jingle.
Anyone else having this problem?
Any fix?
Super irritating that it keeps doing this.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a ringtone saved to your SD Card? If so, that might be why (and I'd check your card for damaged sectors or corrupt files).

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a ringtone saved to your SD Card? If so, that might be why (and I'd check your card for damaged sectors or corrupt files).

I just noticed mine was doing the same thing and my ringtones are on my SD card. Guess I have to look for damage or just email a couple of songs to my internal storage and use them. That said, I am using songs from the same SD card for my alarms and I am not experiencing the problem there.

Also, I should say this is not happening when a song is in a contact for a ringtone. Only in the sounds and vibrations setting.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Been happening on my replacement Note 7 (Verizon) but didn't happen on my 1st one. I used Samsung cloud to restore some settings on my replacement Note 7 and that could be the culprit.
I moved a couple ring tones from my SD card to my internal folder and that doesn't help. It still reverts to the default Verizon airwaves ringtone upon reboot (or sometimes just after a few hours).
Don't want to do a factory reset as I just spent a ton of time setting up again. Any ideas how to fix?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Been happening on my replacement Note 7 (Verizon) but didn't happen on my 1st one. I used Samsung cloud to restore some settings on my replacement Note 7 and that could be the culprit.
I moved a couple ring tones from my SD card to my internal folder and that doesn't help. It still reverts to the default Verizon airwaves ringtone upon reboot (or sometimes just after a few hours).
Don't want to do a factory reset as I just spent a ton of time setting up again. Any ideas how to fix?

I don't want to do a factory reset either. I just changed the ringtone to one in internal storage but from what you are saying it does not look like that is going to help. I will know in a few hours.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Yall could try putting it in the phone mem of "media>audio>notifications" that what i did for some notification. For ring tone... i think i set it up but it never resetted on me as I had all the music on the internal mem

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with my AT&T ringtone but I figured it was an app I had called "Audio Pro Manager" that kept changing my ringtone to default... Make sure u check and sound or ringtone managing app

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a Samsung ringtone that came with the phone, not any on my SD card so that's not it.
Only app that's closing apps is Samsung app monitor.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with my AT&T ringtone but I figured it was an app I had called "Audio Pro Manager" that kept changing my ringtone to default... Make sure u check and sound or ringtone managing app

I mine was doing the same thing. I went and changed them in the app. Thanks!!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I took out my SD card for a minute to change the ringtone to a song not on the SD card but stored in internal storage. It has stuck overnight, but I am not counting my good fortune yet. Again, only the ringtone has reset over and over. No other contact specific ringtones or alarm songs have been reset and they are all on the SD card..

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I took out my SD card for a minute to change the ringtone to a song not on the SD card but stored in internal storage. It has stuck overnight, but I am not counting my good fortune yet. Again, only the ringtone has reset over and over. No other contact specific ringtones or alarm songs have been reset and they are all on the SD card..

Yes, exact same issue with me, it's only the default ringtone set through settings, none of the app specific notifications get changed. All are on internal storage for me.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, exact same issue with me, it's only the default ringtone set through settings, none of the app specific notifications get changed. All are on internal storage for me.

Which is why I am not necessarily expecting this ringtone to stick. I reset it yesterday late afternoon. Seems like it is a software bug for sure.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice if in that app there was a way to have it not set the ringtone. Just alter the volume of the system one that you've picked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance