10-03-2016 04:00 PM
31 12
tools
    I've had to change my ringtone back more times than I can count.
    It keeps resetting back to t mobile jingle.
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Any fix?
    Super irritating that it keeps doing this.
    09-28-2016 02:03 PM
    Are you using a ringtone saved to your SD Card? If so, that might be why (and I'd check your card for damaged sectors or corrupt files).
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-28-2016 02:05 PM
    Are you using a ringtone saved to your SD Card? If so, that might be why (and I'd check your card for damaged sectors or corrupt files).
    I just noticed mine was doing the same thing and my ringtones are on my SD card. Guess I have to look for damage or just email a couple of songs to my internal storage and use them. That said, I am using songs from the same SD card for my alarms and I am not experiencing the problem there.

Also, I should say this is not happening when a song is in a contact for a ringtone. Only in the sounds and vibrations setting.
    09-28-2016 03:55 PM
    Is it possible there is some over zealous app closing down system apps and thus clearing the data?
    09-28-2016 04:54 PM
    Been happening on my replacement Note 7 (Verizon) but didn't happen on my 1st one. I used Samsung cloud to restore some settings on my replacement Note 7 and that could be the culprit.
    I moved a couple ring tones from my SD card to my internal folder and that doesn't help. It still reverts to the default Verizon airwaves ringtone upon reboot (or sometimes just after a few hours).
    Don't want to do a factory reset as I just spent a ton of time setting up again. Any ideas how to fix?
    09-28-2016 05:06 PM
    Been happening on my replacement Note 7 (Verizon) but didn't happen on my 1st one. I used Samsung cloud to restore some settings on my replacement Note 7 and that could be the culprit.
    I moved a couple ring tones from my SD card to my internal folder and that doesn't help. It still reverts to the default Verizon airwaves ringtone upon reboot (or sometimes just after a few hours).
    Don't want to do a factory reset as I just spent a ton of time setting up again. Any ideas how to fix?
    I don't want to do a factory reset either. I just changed the ringtone to one in internal storage but from what you are saying it does not look like that is going to help. I will know in a few hours.
    09-28-2016 05:28 PM
    Yall could try putting it in the phone mem of "media>audio>notifications" that what i did for some notification. For ring tone... i think i set it up but it never resetted on me as I had all the music on the internal mem
    09-28-2016 06:26 PM
    Try giving storage permissions to whatever app it is you're trying to get to use the ringtone.
    09-28-2016 06:33 PM
    I had the same problem with my AT&T ringtone but I figured it was an app I had called "Audio Pro Manager" that kept changing my ringtone to default... Make sure u check and sound or ringtone managing app
    SpookDroid and Snareman like this.
    09-28-2016 06:36 PM
    I had the same problem with my AT&T ringtone but I figured it was an app I had called "Audio Pro Manager" that kept changing my ringtone to default... Make sure u check and sound or ringtone managing app
    Thanks! I couldn't find your thread hehe
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:54 PM
    I started a thread about this and it's still happening to me. Haven't found any solutions yet and I don't really want to do a factory reset.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-ringtone.html
    09-28-2016 07:30 PM
    I'm using a Samsung ringtone that came with the phone, not any on my SD card so that's not it.
    Only app that's closing apps is Samsung app monitor.
    09-29-2016 01:57 AM
    I mine was doing the same thing. I went and changed them in the app. Thanks!!
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    09-29-2016 02:31 AM
    Mine is doing it too. It is stored on the phone not the sd card
    09-29-2016 06:01 AM
    I took out my SD card for a minute to change the ringtone to a song not on the SD card but stored in internal storage. It has stuck overnight, but I am not counting my good fortune yet. Again, only the ringtone has reset over and over. No other contact specific ringtones or alarm songs have been reset and they are all on the SD card..
    09-29-2016 08:55 AM
    I mine was doing the same thing. I went and changed them in the app. Thanks!!
    Will downloading audio pro manager and setting the ringtone through that app fix this issue?
    09-29-2016 08:56 AM
    I took out my SD card for a minute to change the ringtone to a song not on the SD card but stored in internal storage. It has stuck overnight, but I am not counting my good fortune yet. Again, only the ringtone has reset over and over. No other contact specific ringtones or alarm songs have been reset and they are all on the SD card..
    Yes, exact same issue with me, it's only the default ringtone set through settings, none of the app specific notifications get changed. All are on internal storage for me.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-29-2016 08:57 AM
    Yes, exact same issue with me, it's only the default ringtone set through settings, none of the app specific notifications get changed. All are on internal storage for me.
    Which is why I am not necessarily expecting this ringtone to stick. I reset it yesterday late afternoon. Seems like it is a software bug for sure.
    09-29-2016 09:12 AM
    It would be nice if in that app there was a way to have it not set the ringtone. Just alter the volume of the system one that you've picked.
    09-29-2016 12:23 PM
    Bump.
    Anyone?
    09-30-2016 09:30 AM
    My ringtone has stuck now for a couple of days.
    09-30-2016 10:02 AM
    My ringtone has stuck now for a couple of days.
    I never had a ringtone on a SD card though. I've only used factory tones.
    09-30-2016 10:15 AM
    I had the same issue (T-Mobile) with my 1st Note 7. The ringtones I downloaded were from Zedge. Seems to be working fine now with my replacement. I would suggest removing the SD card and then reinserting it (powering off the phone of course before doing so). Hope this helps.
    09-30-2016 10:17 AM
    I had the same issue (T-Mobile) with my 1st Note 7. The ringtones I downloaded were from Zedge. Seems to be working fine now with my replacement. I would suggest removing the SD card and then reinserting it (powering off the phone of course before doing so). Hope this helps.
    Problem is I never downloaded ringtones or put them on a SD card.
    I'm simply using the ones that came with the phone.
    09-30-2016 10:30 AM
    I never had a ringtone on a SD card though. I've only used factory tones.
    I think it is a Samsung bug. Have you tried using the Samsung + app to speak directly with Samsung?
    09-30-2016 11:10 AM
31 12