Okay this is driving me nuts. How do I sort my pictures in the gallery that got transferred from my iPhone? They are out of order now and I need them by date?

Also, how do I move the pictures to my SD card?
    09-28-2016 06:13 PM
    Mmm...they should already be arranged by date. When you go to the Gallery, if you go to Pictures, are they showing the correct date or are they showing all 'lumped' into the day you transferred the files?

Also, to move to SD Card, just tap and hold on a picture and slide your finger towards the end to select all pictures (or select the ones you want to move), then tap the menu (three dots) button on top and MOVE TO ALBUM. There you can create a folder in your SD card or select one there.
    09-28-2016 06:20 PM
    manually that what i did lol. and using file manager like es file manager
    09-28-2016 06:21 PM
    Mmm...they should already be arranged by date. When you go to the Gallery, if you go to Pictures, are they showing the correct date or are they showing all 'lumped' into the day you transferred the files?

Also, to move to SD Card, just tap and hold on a picture and slide your finger towards the end to select all pictures (or select the ones you want to move), then tap the menu (three dots) button on top and MOVE TO ALBUM. There you can create a folder in your SD card or select one there.
    All lumped together and not sorted by the day I took them like I use to have it.
    09-28-2016 06:24 PM
    Do you have them backed up on Google photos? If so they can be arranged by date there
    09-28-2016 06:40 PM
    All lumped together and not sorted by the day I took them like I use to have it.
    I suppose the phone is arranging the pictures on date they were created, which was when you transferred them to your phone. After that, my best guess it's sorting alphabetically by file name, but not sure. You should be able to sort through date taken, however, using Photos.
    09-28-2016 06:53 PM
    When I pull all the photo on my phone granted it was jailbroken all the photo are name IMG_####.jpg. So like i mention before just take your time and sort it yourself.

All the phone data transfering to android is not retain i think...
    09-28-2016 07:09 PM
    I looked at a few pictures and it did keep the picture information. Date taken, where at for GPS stuff. But it definitely did not organize them.
    09-28-2016 07:40 PM
    I looked at a few pictures and it did keep the picture information. Date taken, where at for GPS stuff. But it definitely did not organize them.
    Yup, the data is retained. It's the Gallery app that's not using that data to sort...it's using the 'date created' from the file, not the picture's meta-data. Photos, however, can use the pictures meta-data, not just file properties.
    09-28-2016 07:43 PM