ATT Note 7 No Green Light

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
You mean the video evidence of the phones going up in smoke?( it's not millions of units combusting but it's certainly more than 1)Look the media did over hype it and the note 7 is a GREAT phone on the software side I can kind of understand why people don't want to give it up. But come on guys it's a safety hazard, don't put other people around you at risk.
Dont believe everything you see or hear. How many of those stories were proven fake? Research and find out for yoyrself. So now don't get on a plane with anyone who has a phone with a lithium battery in it. Because they all are a safety hazards right? I'm just saying because I decided to do my own research. That's why my family and I decided it was safe to continue using our Note 7s.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure that the number of stories proven fake matters - there were zero stories proven to be fake or legitimate - but it doesn't matter because the number of reports confirmed by Samsung and investigations, just in the US, outnumbered the total number of reports globally that we received news about by a huge margin. So the cases we were reading about are not only a tiny number of overall cases, they're not enough to be a representative sample from a statistical standpoint and so every single one can be treated as anecdotal - and that's without having to consider that we have almost no information about even those reports, let alone all the other reports that Samsung and the investigators confirmed without the media even being aware of their existence.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It is all good. Use your note 7 and I will feel apologized to explain to the stewardess the difference between your Note 7 and my non banned S7Edge. You can then discuss it with a federal Marshall in handcuffs and why you felt it ok to ignore the FAA ban and put everyone on the plan at risk. I frankly could care less what you do in your own space, but you do not have an automatic right to put my life at risk. Darwinism at its best you know.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
It is all good. Use your note 7 and I will feel apologized to explain to the stewardess the difference between your Note 7 and my non banned S7Edge. You can then discuss it with a federal Marshall in handcuffs and why you felt it ok to ignore the FAA ban and put everyone on the plan at risk. I frankly could care less what you do in your own space, but you do not have an automatic right to put my life at risk. Darwinism at its best you know.

I love Darwinism. People tend to use it as a cop out when they don't have a valid rebuttal to something. Think of your life in the course of a day.
You wake up EVERY DAY in a shelter thats plugged into THE NATIONAL GRID. Not to mention all the appliances plugged in, ready to be turned on at the drop of a dime. You then at some point in your life, get in a car, on a train or on a bus and make it to your destination (job) without so much as a scratch, only to repeat the process to go back to the shelter (home) that's plugged into the national grid?

Lol we wont even talk about fueling a vehicle, while it's running at a fuel station.
I have more things to worry about in the course of my day (falling down some steps and breaking my neck is high on my priority list) than a phone exploding or catching fire. Especially with the amount of phones put in the field, in the world and the 100+ "cases" of "confirmed" malfunctions? Yea, I'm more afraid of walking down the 4 flights of steps to my building or jumping on an elevator than I am of my N7.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I love Darwinism. People tend to use it as a cop out when they don't have a valid rebuttal to something. Think of your life in the course of a day.
You wake up EVERY DAY in a shelter thats plugged into THE NATIONAL GRID. Not to mention all the appliances plugged in, ready to be turned on at the drop of a dime. You then at some point in your life, get in a car, on a train or on a bus and make it to your destination (job) without so much as a scratch, only to repeat the process to go back to the shelter (home) that's plugged into the national grid?

Lol we wont even talk about fueling a vehicle, while it's running at a fuel station.
I have more things to worry about in the course of my day (falling down some steps and breaking my neck is high on my priority list) than a phone exploding or catching fire. Especially with the amount of phones put in the field, in the world and the 100+ "cases" of "confirmed" malfunctions? Yea, I'm more afraid of walking down the 4 flights of steps to my building or jumping on an elevator than I am of my N7.
You leave car running while doing gas? Not supposed to :p.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Def. explains why you said you have a higher risk with doing that then your phone since you're ignoring what is supposed to be done. Good luck to ya :).

Lol well I'm 40, so affordable cell phones for mere mortals like me have been around since 98-2000? Using 2000 as a fail safe, that's 16 years. 16 years of talking on the phone while fueling the car and it was running. My chances are pretty good I can do another 9 months till the next Note. Whatcha think?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol well I'm 40, so affordable cell phones for mere mortals like me have been around since 98-2000? Using 2000 as a fail safe, that's 16 years. 16 years of talking on the phone while fueling the car and it was running. My chances are pretty good I can do another 9 months till the next Note. Whatcha think?

Hey you're free to do as you please -- I can't (and no one else can) make you do what you don't want to do. As I said -- Good luck to ya :).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski