11-21-2016 03:23 PM
31 12
tools
    My Co-Worker is getting the run around on this Update, He had a ATT Note7 had it replaced since the 20th, nobody from ATT Or Samsung know anything about a green indicator.

You would think by the way they talk nobody is calling in on thi (it's on the news and websites everywhere)

After a few calls to ATT He talked to tech support from ATT twice and they can't help, their best advice was to goto Best Buy and try and have them force an update (He bought his phone direct from ATT) and it shows in their system that they tried to send the update 4 times but the phone isn't receiving it.

He wants to exchange the phone since it's probably defective and they say his only luck is to try and find a store with a silver note 7, Half the stores don't answer the phone and they tell him they receive blind shipments from Samsung

He's not sure what to do. I think it's funny how nobody really knows anything from ATT, these forums are 10x the tech support they provided.
    09-28-2016 06:30 PM
    He's not sure what to do.
    He should take it back to AT&T.
    09-28-2016 07:06 PM
    I haven't gone thru all the threads but are there AT&T Note 7s with the green battery update? I got my updated N7 on the 21st with no green battery. A daily software check states my OS is up to date.

Regards
    09-29-2016 07:24 AM
    Yes my at&t note 7 received the update about a week ago.
    09-29-2016 07:38 AM
    He should take it back to AT&T.
    A small warning for anyone getting their replacements at AT$T - corporate store told me that taking the replacement Note 7 is like "final answer" time with Regis - ANYTHING wrong with the replacement - device blows up, just quits working, won't connect to LTE, you name it, you deal with Samsung on a warranty claim - they are washing their hands of them...scary...
    09-29-2016 08:18 AM
    What is the version of the latest update?
    09-29-2016 02:25 PM
    Anyone else still not receive the Green Battery indicator update yet on their replacement Note 7? I'm on AT&T and my Note 7 still says its up to date but I haven't received that update or the recent 60% battery one. My phone is still on the August build.
    11-16-2016 08:52 AM
    They recalled the replacement devices also - so there won't be a green indicator update coming.
    11-16-2016 09:30 AM
    AT&T released an update on 9/20 (build # N930AUCS2APHE) but my replacement Note 7 is still on the prior one (build # N930AUCS1APH1).

"Effective September 20, 2016, AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy Note7 (N930A)," says AT&T. "[The update] allows the ability to identify a recalled Note7 and a new Note7 that has been tested by Samsung and approved by the Consumer Product Safety Commission for consumer use."

AT&T adds that the battery indicator will remain gray after the software update has been downloaded, but it will eventually turn green after about 8 hours of first use.

The update will install automatically, and Galaxy Note 7 users cannot postpone installing the software. This is to give users who still have the faulty units a warning message to stop using their handsets.
    11-16-2016 09:34 AM
    AT&T released an update on 9/20 (build # N930AUCS2APHE) it but my replacement Note 7 is still on N930AUCS1APH1.
    Right, that announcement was in September, prior to the second recall and was misleading because there were zero safe phones at the time they sent that information. The replacement devices would have gotten the green battery icon, etc. but then those were recalled too so there are zero Note 7 devices that have not been recalled.
    11-16-2016 09:41 AM
    The replacement devices would have gotten the green battery icon, etc
    But my replacement device never got that update. I exchanged my original Note 7 for it on 9/18. AT&T released the Green Battery update on 9/20, 2 days later. As of 11/16 my replacement Note 7 is still on the original build it came with and today it still says I'm on the current version and I have yet to receive the 60% battery limitation one (build # N930AUCS2APK1) that AT&T released last week..
    11-16-2016 10:13 AM
    But my replacement device never got that update. I exchanged my original Note 7 for it on 9/18. AT&T released the Green Battery update on 9/20, 2 days later. As of 11/16 my replacement Note 7 is still on the original build it came with and today it still says I'm on the current version and I have yet to receive the 60% battery limitation one (build # N930AUCS2APK1) that AT&T released last week..
    He is trying to tell you, basically, that if you have not already received the update, you are not likely to get it now. The only update you might get is the 60% limiting update. What exactly are you expecting?
    11-16-2016 01:55 PM
    It doesn't matter what version you have just forget about it and return it.
    11-16-2016 05:37 PM
    It doesn't matter what version you have just forget about it and return it.
    No I won't but thx!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    11-18-2016 09:13 AM
    No I won't but thx!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    That is your right but you are not getting on my plane.
    11-18-2016 02:02 PM
    What are you afraid of? The so called Note 7 fiasco media hype?
    11-18-2016 04:16 PM
    What are you afraid of? The so called Note 7 fiasco media hype?
    You mean the video evidence of the phones going up in smoke?( it's not millions of units combusting but it's certainly more than 1)Look the media did over hype it and the note 7 is a GREAT phone on the software side I can kind of understand why people don't want to give it up. But come on guys it's a safety hazard, don't put other people around you at risk.
    11-18-2016 05:12 PM
    Lol you sure? When it's time to jump on a plane I just activate this. Next?
    Attached Thumbnails ATT Note 7 No Green Light-1957.jpg ย 
    dejanh likes this.
    11-18-2016 09:35 PM
    Lol you sure? When it's time to jump on a plane I just activate this. Next?
    There will be no "next"

Just have a good weekend
    boudicca00 likes this.
    11-18-2016 09:47 PM
    There will be no "next"

Just have a good weekend
    Thx you as well!
    thatguy97 likes this.
    11-19-2016 06:08 AM
    You mean the video evidence of the phones going up in smoke?( it's not millions of units combusting but it's certainly more than 1)Look the media did over hype it and the note 7 is a GREAT phone on the software side I can kind of understand why people don't want to give it up. But come on guys it's a safety hazard, don't put other people around you at risk.
    Dont believe everything you see or hear. How many of those stories were proven fake? Research and find out for yoyrself. So now don't get on a plane with anyone who has a phone with a lithium battery in it. Because they all are a safety hazards right? I'm just saying because I decided to do my own research. That's why my family and I decided it was safe to continue using our Note 7s.
    NotAnAppleGuy likes this.
    11-19-2016 09:42 PM
    I'm not sure that the number of stories proven fake matters - there were zero stories proven to be fake or legitimate - but it doesn't matter because the number of reports confirmed by Samsung and investigations, just in the US, outnumbered the total number of reports globally that we received news about by a huge margin. So the cases we were reading about are not only a tiny number of overall cases, they're not enough to be a representative sample from a statistical standpoint and so every single one can be treated as anecdotal - and that's without having to consider that we have almost no information about even those reports, let alone all the other reports that Samsung and the investigators confirmed without the media even being aware of their existence.
    thatguy97 likes this.
    11-20-2016 08:06 AM
    It is all good. Use your note 7 and I will feel apologized to explain to the stewardess the difference between your Note 7 and my non banned S7Edge. You can then discuss it with a federal Marshall in handcuffs and why you felt it ok to ignore the FAA ban and put everyone on the plan at risk. I frankly could care less what you do in your own space, but you do not have an automatic right to put my life at risk. Darwinism at its best you know.
    11-20-2016 09:55 AM
    It is all good. Use your note 7 and I will feel apologized to explain to the stewardess the difference between your Note 7 and my non banned S7Edge. You can then discuss it with a federal Marshall in handcuffs and why you felt it ok to ignore the FAA ban and put everyone on the plan at risk. I frankly could care less what you do in your own space, but you do not have an automatic right to put my life at risk. Darwinism at its best you know.
    I love Darwinism. People tend to use it as a cop out when they don't have a valid rebuttal to something. Think of your life in the course of a day.
    You wake up EVERY DAY in a shelter thats plugged into THE NATIONAL GRID. Not to mention all the appliances plugged in, ready to be turned on at the drop of a dime. You then at some point in your life, get in a car, on a train or on a bus and make it to your destination (job) without so much as a scratch, only to repeat the process to go back to the shelter (home) that's plugged into the national grid?

Lol we wont even talk about fueling a vehicle, while it's running at a fuel station.
    I have more things to worry about in the course of my day (falling down some steps and breaking my neck is high on my priority list) than a phone exploding or catching fire. Especially with the amount of phones put in the field, in the world and the 100+ "cases" of "confirmed" malfunctions? Yea, I'm more afraid of walking down the 4 flights of steps to my building or jumping on an elevator than I am of my N7.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-20-2016 06:49 PM
    I love Darwinism. People tend to use it as a cop out when they don't have a valid rebuttal to something. Think of your life in the course of a day.
    You wake up EVERY DAY in a shelter thats plugged into THE NATIONAL GRID. Not to mention all the appliances plugged in, ready to be turned on at the drop of a dime. You then at some point in your life, get in a car, on a train or on a bus and make it to your destination (job) without so much as a scratch, only to repeat the process to go back to the shelter (home) that's plugged into the national grid?

Lol we wont even talk about fueling a vehicle, while it's running at a fuel station.
    I have more things to worry about in the course of my day (falling down some steps and breaking my neck is high on my priority list) than a phone exploding or catching fire. Especially with the amount of phones put in the field, in the world and the 100+ "cases" of "confirmed" malfunctions? Yea, I'm more afraid of walking down the 4 flights of steps to my building or jumping on an elevator than I am of my N7.
    You leave car running while doing gas? Not supposed to :P.
    11-20-2016 09:12 PM
31 12