I recently exchanged for the "safe" Note 7 at AT&T and after a week a black spot appeared on the screen under the glass. I thought it was a dead pixel at first but when I hold it under a light, I can see it is actually something under the glass. I thought this was impossible because the glass and the digitizer were attached. I went to the store and they said that every store in the area was out. They were really unclear when they would get any or if I would even be able to exchange for another one. One employee told me that any they were getting were for replacing old ones and that if I couldn't do anything within 14 days, I should go through the warranty exchange. I looked at the exchange policy and said that I would be getting a CERTIFIED LIKE NEW device if I did a warranty exchange. I do not want a certified like new device. I want a NEW device to replace the obviously defective one. I've been at the AT&T store for over 6 hours in the past two weeks because of all this. What do I even do now?
    09-28-2016 07:37 PM
    At this point there are NO 'certified like new' devices, so even through Warranty Exchange you will get a new device. It's not gonna be soon, however.
    09-28-2016 07:41 PM
    If there is something under the screen, I would be a little more worried that the IP68 rating might be compromised. IF there is dirt or dust in there, then it's possible that there might be a broken seal somewhere.

You may want to try to contact samsung first. I would go through the Samsung+ support. Just keep in mind they may tell you that you would have to send it to their repair facility to be evaluated, prior to getting a replacement. That's obviously not the greatest option, but if it is a manufacturer defect or issue, then they would have a better chance at getting you a new device.

I would also try to map out and contact the AT&T stores in your area first. You can't always take everything they say as absolute.

Good luck with it though!
    09-28-2016 08:52 PM