Charging my Note 7 while it's attached to my Gear VR

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
How can i charge my Note 7 while I have it installed on my Gear VR?

I was wondering the same. Also, how does it work exactly? I dont have my gear VR yet but I saw some videos on it. The headset doesnt need to be charged, correct? Not seeing how it can charge the phone.. lol

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
There's nothing on the VR headset that lets you charge the phone using USB C. The VR headset connects to the N7 using the usb port which is needed to use the touchpad and buttons on the headset. If you want to charge the phone while using VR, you'll have to figure out how you can rig some sort of wireless charging over the phone... and it will probably be quite wonky. Use a well charged phone when using the headset or plan to charge it afterwards.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
There's nothing on the VR headset that lets you charge the phone using USB C. The VR headset connects to the N7 using the usb port which is needed to use the touchpad and buttons on the headset. If you want to charge the phone while using VR, you'll have to figure out how you can rig some sort of wireless charging over the phone... and it will probably be quite wonky. Use a well charged phone when using the headset or plan to charge it afterwards.
Have u seen reviews of the new unit...there's a port on the outside of the headset that lets u charge ....
c6e8340642d629883accdadc01de7763.jpg

https://youtu.be/3cBlrMmALB4