How can i charge my Note 7 while I have it installed on my Gear VR?
    09-28-2016 10:04 PM
    I was wondering the same. Also, how does it work exactly? I dont have my gear VR yet but I saw some videos on it. The headset doesnt need to be charged, correct? Not seeing how it can charge the phone.. lol
    09-28-2016 10:09 PM
    Atleast on the new Verison of the VR there's a USB C port on the Vr that you can use to charge the device with while you use ....
    09-28-2016 11:38 PM
    There's nothing on the VR headset that lets you charge the phone using USB C. The VR headset connects to the N7 using the usb port which is needed to use the touchpad and buttons on the headset. If you want to charge the phone while using VR, you'll have to figure out how you can rig some sort of wireless charging over the phone... and it will probably be quite wonky. Use a well charged phone when using the headset or plan to charge it afterwards.
    09-29-2016 01:59 AM
    There's nothing on the VR headset that lets you charge the phone using USB C. The VR headset connects to the N7 using the usb port which is needed to use the touchpad and buttons on the headset. If you want to charge the phone while using VR, you'll have to figure out how you can rig some sort of wireless charging over the phone... and it will probably be quite wonky. Use a well charged phone when using the headset or plan to charge it afterwards.
    Have u seen reviews of the new unit...there's a port on the outside of the headset that lets u charge ....
    09-29-2016 02:16 AM
    Have u seen reviews of the new unit...there's a port on the outside of the headset that lets u charge ....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...dc01de7763.jpg
    I stand corrected. The funny thing is, I have the new vr and I never saw it. I can confirm it's there on the bottom of the viewer. Thanks!
    Strong_Genetics likes this.
    09-29-2016 08:43 AM