Iris scanning seems much improved with new Note7

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
For some reason the retina scan on my original Note7 was very unreliable. It would timeout 9 out of 10 times. Nigh useless.

In contrast, on my replacement, the retina scan happens so quick that the screen doesn't even come up. I see the red light start flashing for a brief moment, and then I see my secured app launch. Never see the retina scan screen.

Maybe I got a much better base scan than I did on my original phone, but it sure seems like it's working way better than it originally did.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't use the iris scanner but the finger print scanner is crazy fast now. All I have to do is press the button real quick to wake it up and it unlocks the phone, before I would have to press the button and leave my finger on it for about 1 full second and then it would unlock.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ditto, ditto, ditto... I didn't really notice any problems with the Iris Scanner on the the original phone but it is freaky fast on the new one!

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Yea mine is ridiculously fast. It's so fast, I did a test to see what its limits were. One eye definitely unlocked my phone. It almost makes me wonder if it truely is secure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana