10-05-2016 04:43 PM
79 1234
tools
    Where was all of this rationalizing with the Note 7? Heck, we had Garage Guy, Jeep Guy and Grandma hollering and the press and a lot of forum folks lapped it up like a kitty with momma cats milk

Those device were pretty messed up structurally too. (Turned out bunk anyway).

We have had iPhone fires on planes, pocket spolders' and hot devices too. Where is the public and media incited outcry?? Double standards much?

Both of my Note 7s had/have no heat or battery issues. Most of the media articles and rationale about the problem were technically comical and recycled the same talking points and feigned indignation. JMO, of course.
    T48 and dadsterflip like this.
    09-30-2016 08:19 PM
    Samsung really needs to make sure the Note 7 has no major issues after this recall and that any issues are addressed and resolved through updates. If you think they can just forget the Note 7 and move on to the S8 asap and put the Note 7 behind them are wrong.... Any Note 7 issue will get front page attention and if they don't take of it asap, when the S8 comes out people will look at the Note 7 and say no thank you
    09-30-2016 09:51 PM
    I don't believe the exploding iPhone Theory even though, God, I would love to right now!!!
    Here's a headline for you:
    Bendgate : The Aftermath

10-01-2016 11:13 AM
    Looks like someone gave that phone the people's elbow 😅
    lol you sure as hell can smell what's cooked
    10-01-2016 11:17 AM
    10-01-2016 03:07 PM
    10-01-2016 03:19 PM
    Where is the media outrage and Gizmodo trolling to the FAA and any other acronym they could contact or find?

Apple seems a tad rotten, based on same condition and effort against Samsung by the media. Key differnce so far no Jeep Guy, Garage Guy or grandma stirring the media up with non Note 7 caused events.

I guess the media needs the flaming meme's for the drama.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    10-01-2016 06:59 PM
    Yeah the media is totally biased for sure like less badgering of iPhone when it did explode in someone's pants
    10-01-2016 09:32 PM
    Hey guys so now iphone 6 also exploded in a guys pants .
    Student's iPhone explodes in his back pocket, catches fire during class | 6abc.com
    Well the iPhone always puts a hole in you pocket, but this is ridiculous! LOL

Although in this instance, I think the student is at fault: "I've had it for about six months. The only thing that was wrong with it was a simple crack, but I don't see a simple crack causing it to blow up in my pocket."

Yeah, no! I never understood why anyone would keep a phone in their back pocket and constantly sit on it. And I'm sure that "simple crack" created a ticking time bomb. Surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Although if I'm remembering correctly, most of the fires/explosions with iPhones have been the result of damage to the phone prior to the episode.
    10-01-2016 10:18 PM
    Samsung really needs to make sure the Note 7 has no major issues after this recall and that any issues are addressed and resolved through updates. If you think they can just forget the Note 7 and move on to the S8 asap and put the Note 7 behind them are wrong.... Any Note 7 issue will get front page attention and if they don't take of it asap, when the S8 comes out people will look at the Note 7 and say no thank you
    What makes you think they didnt?
    10-01-2016 11:35 PM
    Well the iPhone always puts a hole in you pocket, but this is ridiculous! LOL

Although in this instance, I think the student is at fault: "I've had it for about six months. The only thing that was wrong with it was a simple crack, but I don't see a simple crack causing it to blow up in my pocket."

Yeah, no! I never understood why anyone would keep a phone in their back pocket and constantly sit on it. And I'm sure that "simple crack" created a ticking time bomb. Surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Although if I'm remembering correctly, most of the fires/explosions with iPhones have been the result of damage to the phone prior to the episode.
    I believe he may win the coveted istupid award.
    10-02-2016 06:56 AM
    Simple solution: Bring back Removeable Batteries!!
    and all the Brethren said, "Amen!"
    10-02-2016 02:13 PM
    iPhone 7: Exploding Apple iPhone 7 shown in photos | BGR

Like Neil from The Young Ones would say (great British show BTW): Boomshanka!

Will the media and Gment latch onto this with the same fevah' as with Samsung? The media were all-in early and without verification for that.

We gettin' the Jeep Guy Effect here too?
    Samsung has been in the news for exploding batteries. Now add apple to that list Crazy huh. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Apple is gonna say that "their engineers have worked hard on creating the best ever exploding iPhone" LOL 😂
    10-02-2016 02:25 PM
    I don't care what happened to that burned iphony7. That's a beautiful pic. That's what every iphony should look like.
    10-02-2016 04:58 PM
    Did anyone see SNL the other night where they referenced the iPhone and Samsung and made fun of Samungs explosiveness? Oh boy Sammy is gonna be the butt if explosion jokes for a long time. Maybe it will lead to some discounts
    10-02-2016 05:19 PM
    Did anyone see SNL the other night where they referenced the iPhone and Samsung and made fun of Samungs explosiveness? Oh boy Sammy is gonna be the butt if explosion jokes for a long time. Maybe it will lead to some discounts
    These things work in cycles. It may take weeks, but soon it'll get back to normal. It wouldn't surprise me if Samsung does discount the next Note &/or has freebies with future purchases.
    10-02-2016 05:23 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Now iPhone 7 apparently Exploding-iphone.jpg  
    rushmore likes this.
    10-02-2016 05:52 PM
    The first minute...

These things work in cycles. It may take weeks, but soon it'll get back to normal. It wouldn't surprise me if Samsung does discount the next Note &/or has freebies with future purchases.
    Breuklen likes this.
    10-02-2016 08:27 PM
    Mod Note - Okay Folks!...

Some posts have been cleaned. Personal attacks / rude insults aren't welcome here. Embrace P.U.P.P.A.H when posting and all that can be avoided. Please see the rules below in case you have no idea what I am talking about.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

As for the politics talk you are welcome to talk about that in the proper forum (here - Politics - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com) but please remember the rules are still in effect there as well. If you have any questions please send me a PM. Thanks!
    libra89 likes this.
    10-02-2016 08:58 PM
    Hey guys so now iphone 6 also exploded in a guys pants .
    Student's iPhone explodes in his back pocket, catches fire during class | 6abc.com
    Just watched a WCBS (Ch2 NYC) report with the student. No mention of the prior crack and nearly half the story was spent on the Note 7 recall and a fire at Disney caused by an e-cigarette. The student talked just as much about the Note 7 battery explosions/fires as his incident. The Note 7 debacle will be prevalent for at least a few more weeks.
    10-02-2016 11:09 PM
    uh...
    10-03-2016 01:30 PM
    Note 7 bomb. I laughed.
    10-03-2016 02:05 PM
    uh...
    I called it
    10-04-2016 01:50 AM
    Simple solution: Bring back Removeable Batteries!!
    Gotta love them removeable batteries. Such a stupid thing to remove them!
    10-05-2016 02:55 AM
    That Note 7 mod was a clever move. Too bad Rockstar didn't add it to the game
    10-05-2016 02:58 AM
79 1234