Now iPhone 7 apparently Exploding

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well the iPhone always puts a hole in you pocket, but this is ridiculous! LOL

Although in this instance, I think the student is at fault: "I've had it for about six months. The only thing that was wrong with it was a simple crack, but I don't see a simple crack causing it to blow up in my pocket."

Yeah, no! I never understood why anyone would keep a phone in their back pocket and constantly sit on it. And I'm sure that "simple crack" created a ticking time bomb. Surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Although if I'm remembering correctly, most of the fires/explosions with iPhones have been the result of damage to the phone prior to the episode.

I believe he may win the coveted istupid award. ;)

sindhu1221

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 7: Exploding Apple iPhone 7 shown in photos | BGR

Like Neil from The Young Ones would say (great British show BTW): Boomshanka!

Will the media and Gment latch onto this with the same fevah' as with Samsung? The media were all-in early and without verification for that.

We gettin' the Jeep Guy Effect here too?
Samsung has been in the news for exploding batteries. Now add apple to that list ;) Crazy huh. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Apple is gonna say that "their engineers have worked hard on creating the best ever exploding iPhone" LOL 😂

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone see SNL the other night where they referenced the iPhone and Samsung and made fun of Samungs explosiveness? Oh boy Sammy is gonna be the butt if explosion jokes for a long time. Maybe it will lead to some discounts :)

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone see SNL the other night where they referenced the iPhone and Samsung and made fun of Samungs explosiveness? Oh boy Sammy is gonna be the butt if explosion jokes for a long time. Maybe it will lead to some discounts :)

These things work in cycles. It may take weeks, but soon it'll get back to normal. It wouldn't surprise me if Samsung does discount the next Note &/or has freebies with future purchases.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

Attachments

• iphone.jpg
    iphone.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 97

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Okay Folks!...

Some posts have been cleaned. Personal attacks / rude insults aren't welcome here. Embrace P.U.P.P.A.H when posting and all that can be avoided. Please see the rules below in case you have no idea what I am talking about.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

As for the politics talk you are welcome to talk about that in the proper forum (here - Politics - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com) but please remember the rules are still in effect there as well. If you have any questions please send me a PM. Thanks!

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Just watched a WCBS (Ch2 NYC) report with the student. No mention of the prior crack and nearly half the story was spent on the Note 7 recall and a fire at Disney caused by an e-cigarette. The student talked just as much about the Note 7 battery explosions/fires as his incident. The Note 7 debacle will be prevalent for at least a few more weeks.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh Boy!!On CNBC heard news alert that a "smoking" samsung phone on an airplane! :eek:

Don't have a link since I just heard it on CNBC in my car on Sirius. Diverted the flight I think I heard? Someone didn't exchange their phone and ignored the no smoking rule??