Anyone else having an issue with the Alarm clock suddenly not sounding?

I cannot figure out why this is.

It was fine last week. And for no apparent reason it's not making any sounds. At all.

When I open it up the sounds say "unnamed and unknown".

I use Google Now when setting up. Until the last two days it worked perfectly fine.

I'm stumped.
    09-29-2016 08:01 PM

It was fine last week. And for no apparent reason it's not making any sounds. At all.

I use Google Now when setting up. Until the last two days it worked perfectly fine.

I'm stumped.
    No, mine is working fine. Did you accidentally block notifications for the clock?
    09-29-2016 09:42 PM
    No, mine is working fine. Did you accidentally block notifications for the clock?
    I checked that. Thanks. But all notification for clock are on.

I downloaded a different clock from Google Play. Works fine.

But I like the ability to just tell Google to set alarm like I have been. Now when I do that it doesnt work. Ugh.
    09-30-2016 05:04 AM
    I checked that. Thanks. But all notification for clock are on.

I downloaded a different clock from Google Play. Works fine.

But I like the ability to just tell Google to set alarm like I have been. Now when I do that it doesnt work. Ugh.
    Hmm weird maybe it's something to do with the newest update or a permission setting that keeping it from popping up. I recently started having issues with not being able to connect to spotify via Bluetooth while in my car and the only way I figured out how to fix it was to download package pro disabler and disable Samsung Quick Connect. I don't think that's related but sometimes extreme measures are necessary lol.
    09-30-2016 05:14 AM

I'm stumped.
    Do you find that alarm just in Google Now or is it somewhere in the Samsung settings?
    09-30-2016 10:55 AM

I'm stumped.
    Do you have "do not disturb" on? If so, you can allow an exception for the alarm.
    09-30-2016 01:34 PM
    Do you have "do not disturb" on? If so, you can allow an exception for the alarm.
    I just mute the phone when I go to bed but it still vibrates. Would that cause it? How do you make exceptions for it?
    09-30-2016 06:02 PM
    Do you find that alarm just in Google Now or is it somewhere in the Samsung settings?
    I just say "Ok Google" and then "set alarm for _____" and until 2 days ago was never an issue.

Two photos. One of command. One of the actual alarm screen.

Also I always have my Gear Fit 2 on when sleeping and it does vibrate when alarm goes off but it's always done that with the Alarm going off as well with sound.

Alarm clock issue with Note 7-1475276784662.jpg

Alarm clock issue with Note 7-1475276800331.jpg
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-30-2016 06:06 PM
    I just mute the phone when I go to bed but it still vibrates. Would that cause it? How do you make exceptions for it?
    In SETUP go to "Sounds and vibrations" and then select "Do not disturb". If you have it scheduled to be on during certain hours, the alarm won't sound unless you select "Allow exceptions" and select the alarm as an exception. If you shut off "Do not disturb" (both "turn on now" and "Turn on as scheduled"), the alarm should be fine.

You might also check the "media" volume, to make sure it's loud enough to hear.
    09-30-2016 09:33 PM
    In SETUP go to "Sounds and vibrations" and then select "Do not disturb". If you have it scheduled to be on during certain hours, the alarm won't sound unless you select "Allow exceptions" and select the alarm as an exception. If you shut off "Do not disturb" (both "turn on now" and "Turn on as scheduled"), the alarm should be fine.

You might also check the "media" volume, to make sure it's loud enough to hear.
    It's strange. All of this is already set properly. I double and triple checked.

When I use my clock on my own and set it up no issues.

When I ask Google to set the alarm it doesn't make a sound. I went and looked at the alarm info once asking Google. Under Sounds it says "unknown". It's never done that before.
    10-03-2016 03:56 AM
    Check your ringtones. I get that when I delete the ringtone that the alarm app is using. If you change the ringtone for the alarm I think it will work again.
    10-03-2016 05:55 AM