Recall headache behind us......When do we get Nougat

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
With the recall behind most of us (I swapped out last Tuesday). Lets move forward shall we?

Any news on when the Note 7 will get the OS update?

I will say that update (T-mo) last week really did a number on battery life, there must have been more optimization. I can clearly see the better battery life from original device to the new one. I've read that Samsung made the settings menu more or less mimic Nougat.

What are the new features of Nougat that will impact the Note 7 the most?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Nougat is currently being tested on the S7 and S7 edge.

Dongjin Koh did mention that they're aiming for a release before the end of the year.

"It is very important for us to offer up-to-date information with the new OS, but what's more crucial is to build a stable and seamless platform for users," Dong-jin added. "That's why we are planning to do enough beta testing before any OS updates."
http://www.gsmarena.com/android_70_update_will_hit_samsung_galaxy_note7_in_two_to_three_months-news-19917.php

However, this was made before the Note 7 got recalled. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a delay in rolling out the Nougat update due to that.

I'm curious to know what will happen to Samsung's multi-window implementation, since it's now natively baked into Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech