With the recall behind most of us (I swapped out last Tuesday). Lets move forward shall we?

Any news on when the Note 7 will get the OS update?

I will say that update (T-mo) last week really did a number on battery life, there must have been more optimization. I can clearly see the better battery life from original device to the new one. I've read that Samsung made the settings menu more or less mimic Nougat.

What are the new features of Nougat that will impact the Note 7 the most?
    09-30-2016 10:02 AM
    Nougat is currently being tested on the S7 and S7 edge.

Dongjin Koh did mention that they're aiming for a release before the end of the year.

"It is very important for us to offer up-to-date information with the new OS, but what's more crucial is to build a stable and seamless platform for users," Dong-jin added. "That's why we are planning to do enough beta testing before any OS updates."
    http://www.gsmarena.com/android_70_update_will_hit_samsung_galaxy_note7_in_two_to_three_months-news-19917.php

However, this was made before the Note 7 got recalled. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a delay in rolling out the Nougat update due to that.

I'm curious to know what will happen to Samsung's multi-window implementation, since it's now natively baked into Android.
    09-30-2016 10:43 AM
    Going by past phones on T-Mobile, it will likely be sometime in the spring.

My Note 4/Note Edge finally got Marshmallow back in May I think.

You can keep an eye on this page below and they will update it as each phone goes from testing to release. The S7/S7 Edge will come before the Note 7.

https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...tmoSUPDocTitle
    09-30-2016 10:56 AM
    "That still could mean there's a good few months left of development time though, given how long it took the Galaxy S6 to update to Android M (5 months) we're thinking Q1 2017 is fairly likely."
    Android 7 "Nougat" Update Schedule & Release Date: When's It Coming To Your Android Phone? | 2 | Know Your Mobile
    09-30-2016 01:16 PM