Maximize your Samsung Promos

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Any triple dippers out there? Just wondering if there are any promos that we loyal Note 7 owners have missed.

This is all I am aware of:

Old Note7
--- $250/$175 - SD Card/GearFit 2 Promo
--- $ 20 - Samsung Pay Promo
--- $ 5 - Dunkin Donuts Promo
--- $ 5 - Samsung Pay New User Promo
--- $ 5 - Samsung Pay Referral Promo

S7 or S7 Edge Loaner
--- $250/$100 - SD Card/Gear VR Promo
--- $ 10 - Samsung Pay Promo

New Note 7g (ie Note 7 green icon)
--- $25 Accessories Credit from Samsung

Plus you can register all three devices at Samsung Plus to count towards Silver or Gold status.

That is up to $860 worth of goodies from a single $850 purchase. ie up to 101% return on investment

Are we missing anything? Did you triple dip?

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
While this is highly questionable, I must admit it's hard not to try to do.

That being said, check your promo e-mail in case you went for the VR unit: it says that the content is linked to your IMEI. So if you got that with the S7 Edge loaner, you might have to call in and change your IMEI info, and not sure if that'll show up on their system as having another promo on the line.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Except for the referral and new user promos, I've gone after everything as well. In my case I submitted for 3 sd cards.

Since I signed a JOD contract or EIP agreement for every single device and was/ am financially responsible for each phone, I see no issue in submitting for the promos.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The Old Note7 also had the option for the 256GB SD card.

I wasn't eligible for the first SD card because Best Buy said it was only available under contract or carrier financed devices. I mine our right. I jumped on the current "Try on the future" promo when I got my replacement cause the Samsung rep told me I'm elidgable, so I applied for the SD card. I had an issue with that device, and exchanged it, and then also applied for the Gear VR using my current device's info.

So I guess that makes me a double dipper.

I also got the $20, $10, and $10 Samsung Pay promos, as well as the current $5 dunkin donut promo. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to share the $5 SP share promo with. All my Samsung friends already use it or chose Android Pay over Samsung Pay.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm a triple dipper. I got the Gear Fit 2, my VR just switched to showing shipped, and my SD card is approved.

I don't think it's highly questionable. The whole return process was set up between Samsung and Carriers to be a complete trade in, and then trade out when the new ones arrived. I guarantee Samsung is well aware that people would use their IMEI's from all 3 to apply for the promo and they obviously didn't care to stop it. On the receipts I sent in, it showed on all three that I was trading in or for the Note 7. They easily could have seen that on the receipts and denied it if they felt like it was unfair. I kind of get the feeling that this was their way of making it up to us who got 'burned' with the recall fiasco.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Triple Dipper here..1 year Netflix 256gb card, Gear VR and all of the Samsung pay goodies...

Oh yeah and before the Note 7, I took advantage of the S7 Edge buy one get one free from T-Mobile along with all the goodies those phones offered.

I can't complain it seems like Samsung is paying me to use their phones.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
While this is highly questionable
I called Samsung support on their 1-800 number and asked point blank if I was eligible for three promos even though two phones had been returned. They said as long as I had valid receipts for the purchases, they had no issues with three claims on three phones. If I had just bought and returned 2 phones for no reason other than to get free swag...yeah, that would be greasy.
I think Samsung recognizes that they will create more goodwill with inconvenienced users by allowing these deals to be filled versus raising a stink about how long I had each phone in my possession before returning. TBH, it's Samsung's fault that I went through three phones in a month. It's not that I think they owe me anything; but I will happily accept their tokens of appreciation.

Last edited:

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I double dipped, SD card and VR.

I had an s7 Active and tried to BRE it to get an edge for the VR, store rep gave me a hassle about doing it at the original POS, which is incorrect and I didnt feel like fighting afternoon traffic, which is why I went there.

But Im getting the VR anyway so Im good. No interest in the watch. Dont care about the Samsung pay stuff either. $860? More like Im saving the $30 maximum I would have spemt on an SD card and $70ish I would have eventually paid for the VR.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife got a used S6 Edge earlier this year, in January I believe. I signed her up for a free wireless charger promotion that I'm not sure she technically qualified for. I decided to do it and see what happened. I had to enter purchase date and IMEI and stuff, and yes I used real accurate data, so it's not like I was being dishonest or anything. :-! Sure enough they sent it!

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Any triple dippers out there? Just wondering if there are any promos that we loyal Note 7 owners have missed.

This is all I am aware of:

Old Note7
--- $250/$175 - SD Card/GearFit 2 Promo
--- $ 20 - Samsung Pay Promo

S7 or S7 Edge Loaner

New Note 7g (ie Note 7 green icon)
--- $25 Accessories Credit from Samsung

Plus you can register all three devices at Samsung Plus to count towards Silver or Gold status.

That is up to $860 worth of goodies from a single $850 purchase. ie up to 101% return on investment

Are we missing anything? Did you triple dip?

How can we get the Gear VR with the new replacement Note? Where do we apply for that?

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Doubled up here. First N7, went for the GearFit 2. Didn't go for anything with my loaner S7 Edge. And then with my replacement N7, went for the Gear VR with the $50 bonus content.

Figure I'll pick up a Samsung EVO+ or Pro MicroSD around Black Friday this year. Amazon is selling 128 GB EVO+ MicroSD's for < $40 atm. (Best Buy price matches Amazon on anything usually, as long as it's Amazon Prime).

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Today is the last day for the $10 for first Samsung Pay purchase. I used the same credit card twice as I did with the first $20 gift for first purchase and had no luck. Today I tried a different credit card and got my $10. Yay.

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
double dipper:

Gear fit2/VR. I wish I would have known about the SD with the recalled phone but hey, something's better than nothing.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Did I get lucky?? Double Samsung Pay money

So on my pre-recall phone I had $8 left on my Samsung Rewards card
So I decided to use Samsung Pay today (with my new Note 7), and to my amazement, I got the $10 gift card because they said it was my first purchase. I check to see the amount and, to my amazement again, it added the $8 from my last card, so I have $18 free money!
Lunch is on me!

This happen to anyone else?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Speaking of which my card just arrived
1b27c94ecacf7b85a20c4444c059ba88.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads