10-11-2016 02:07 PM
244 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Just got my email with tracking number. Gotta love free... Lol.
    10-04-2016 08:13 PM
    Thank you for the information about checking the "other" box! Tried it the other day & I already have my approval notice!
    10-04-2016 08:30 PM
    I'm surprised there still giving free gifts on promotion. It says it's over. What date are you'll entering as purchase date?
    Can you choose Gear fit 2?
    10-04-2016 08:40 PM
    I'm surprised there still giving free gifts on promotion. It says it's over. What date are you'll entering as purchase date?
    Can you choose Gear fit 2?
    Read through the thread. People have asked that question no less than 5 times.
    Serkle K and keepnitreel like this.
    10-04-2016 08:44 PM
    Read through the thread. People have asked that question no less than 5 times.
    Sorry. Didn't know that.
    10-04-2016 08:48 PM
    I got the memory card with the first note 7, $20 promo samsung pay, $5 dd , couldn't let go of it to do the loaner I love it to much got the $10 samsung pay promo, $5 dd again and just got my shipping tracking for the vr gear. I also kept all my accessories and spen from my first note 7, which I asked to keep with no problem and $25 credit. Not bad.
    10-04-2016 09:20 PM
    Okay so finally my gear vr is moving and will definitely be here on October 6 according to fedex and my package has just left indiana....beforehand it was just a label created for delivery Oct 4 with fedex .....
    10-04-2016 09:21 PM
    Got the vr today, wife and kids already hooked. I have motion sickness issues in normal everyday life. So I am not the target audience, but it didn't mess me up as much as I thought. Definitely worth it for the kids. They loved it. I have a second one on the way, not sure what for, we only have the one phone.

I am also not sure what free content I get. It says it available in the store but not defined. Anyone have a list?
    10-04-2016 09:38 PM
    Got a note 7 and an s7 Friday night at best buy. Filled out the info for the free mem card and vr. So I get am email saying I am missing a form with the date. So I send copies of both pages in. Note 7 gets approved and s7 gets declined because no date. It's the same stinking info as the note 7 page and the date is right there! So I call and got a foreign person. They tell me I will get an email from them in 4 days or so and resubmit the picture with everything highlighted. I said why do I have to send it again? Such Bull! I think I'm calling again tomorrow... this is garbage.
    10-04-2016 10:16 PM
    I was skeptical it would work because of my sketchy exchange receipts where they didn't have all the info the promotion site says it required, but I submitted them anyway. I think as long as the IMEI and MAC are correct and match up somewhere in Samsung's database, they approve you cause both mine were approved within 24 hours.

I sent away for 1 Gear VR and 1 more 256GB SD card. I received my original 256GB SD cards from my first Note 7's a few weeks back. This second round of promos will certainly make up for the inconvenience of the Note 7 debacle, assuming my new promo items actually ship out.
    10-05-2016 06:27 AM
    I called again last night about switching the IMEI to the new N7 (for the gear vr content). I actually got someone who knew what I was talking about and she even said she just got off the phone with another customer who had the same problem. She took the N7 information and said she will escalate it to the team handling the transfer. She said I should hear this week from them, but if not, it will be Monday.

Also, I was in Costco last night and the girl at the phone kiosk told me a guy came in with his new N7 and the screen was burned out from using the VR for too long (his nephew was using for 2 or 3 hours!). She said his screen had silver lines across it.
    10-05-2016 07:25 AM
    Okay so finally my gear vr is moving and will definitely be here on October 6 according to fedex and my package has just left indiana....beforehand it was just a label created for delivery Oct 4 with fedex .....
    I was in the exact same boat, with an initial delivery date of October 4 but no movement. Looks like mine is finally on its way as well.
    10-05-2016 07:47 AM
    Double dipper here. I want to thank the users here that have provided the information.

I didn't get a temp swap phone. I received he free 256gb SD card for the original N7. And thanks you you all I submitted for the Gear VR...

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route

The order processed. Now I am just waiting for the FedEx shipping #

Samsung could have nerf'd all of this but I too think they decided to keep the Promo's going to help offset the inconvenience of the recall. All in all I think they did a pretty good job with a tough situation.
    lizardchest and SteelGator like this.
    10-05-2016 07:48 AM
    So I got the tracking number for my Gear VR but even though it's supposed to get here tomorrow it hasn't even shipped yet. Anyone else encountering this?

Attachment 241301
    I got my tracking number for my 4 VR's Oct 3rd. When I check to see where it is in shipping, I get no information available. So, for all I know UPS hasn't even picked it up and it's still sitting in a warehouse.
    How did you see your delivery date?
    10-05-2016 08:16 AM
    I got my tracking number for my 4 VR's Oct 3rd. When I check to see where it is in shipping, I get no information available. So, for all I know UPS hasn't even picked it up and it's still sitting in a warehouse.
    How did you see your delivery date?
    So sorry! I'm bad I was looking up tracking through UPS, it's being shipped FedEx. Should be here tomorrow Oct 6th.
    Cowboy8467 and lanenubia like this.
    10-05-2016 08:29 AM
    Ok so does anyone know if the VR bonus content is connected to the VR serial number and the phones IMEI? The VR for my S7edge loaner just came in and no bonus content appears when I hooked up with the N7... The N7 promo VR will be in tomorrow so I'm assuming once I hook up the N7 with that one, the bonus content will appear...
    10-05-2016 10:44 AM
    Ok so does anyone know if the VR bonus content is connected to the VR serial number and the phones IMEI? The VR for my S7edge loaner just came in and no bonus content appears when I hooked up with the N7... The N7 promo VR will be in tomorrow so I'm assuming once I hook up the N7 with that one, the bonus content will appear...
    From the promotion FAQ
    Maximize your Samsung Promos-vr-content.jpg

It would lead me to believe that it is tied to the IMEI
    10-05-2016 10:55 AM
    From the promotion FAQ
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VR Content.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	241511

It would lead me to believe that it is tied to the IMEI
    So wait..... I got to search through the app store until I see the word download?
    10-05-2016 11:04 AM
    I got to search through the app store until I see the word download?
    Try opening your Oculus app, then "Library" on the bottom, then "Not Installed" on the header.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-05-2016 11:10 AM
    Try opening your Oculus app, then "Library" on the bottom, then "Not Installed" on the header.
    That's what I thought.... Nothing is there. Shouldn't the bonus content be there though? If it's based off IMEI and I did a promo with the new N7 and S7edge loaner. I should still see it right?
    10-05-2016 11:15 AM
    That's what I thought.... Nothing is there. Shouldn't the bonus content be there though? If it's based off IMEI and I did a promo with the new N7 and S7edge loaner. I should still see it right?
    Well, according to the wording... if you originally registered for the VR with the S7info, then the content is tied to the S7. If you no longer have that S7, then you have to give the New Device info to Samsung, so they can transfer the content over to the Note7. Did you already do that?
    10-05-2016 12:01 PM
    Nothing is there.
    I just got off the phone from changing my IMEI to my N7 and I asked the rep where the bonus content will show. She said it will be under "Not Installed". I brought up your issue about not seeing it there and verified that it would be under that header once approved and she said "Definitely, definitely!"

Sounds like you may have to do another call to Samsung Promotions to clear up your issue...
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-05-2016 12:04 PM
    Well, according to the wording... if you originally registered for the VR with the S7info, then the content is tied to the S7. If you no longer have that S7, then you have to give the New Device info to Samsung, so they can transfer the content over to the Note7. Did you already do that?
    I did the promo with both devices... one VR with loaner and one VR with new N7... So how can it be tied to just the S7edge when I did a separate promo for the N7 also?
    10-05-2016 12:06 PM
    I did the promo with both devices... one VR with loaner and one VR with new N7... So how can it be tied to just the S7edge when I did a separate promo for the N7 also?
    Because registered for the S7 info alone, and then the N7info alone. If I am understanding you right. In either case you have to make sure that the proper IMEI info is on record with Samsung/Oculas.
    10-05-2016 12:56 PM
    I just got off the phone from changing my IMEI to my N7 and I asked the rep where the bonus content will show. She said it will be under "Not Installed". I brought up your issue about not seeing it there and verified that it would be under that header once approved and she said "Definitely, definitely!"

Sounds like you may have to do another call to Samsung Promotions to clear up your issue...
    Thanks for asking on my behalf bro...
    I might call them at some point or I might just say "F" it.... I don't play too many games anyway. I really wanted the VR for the private Netflix and Hulu streaming.
    lizardchest and Serkle K like this.
    10-05-2016 01:03 PM
244 ... 56789 ...