Maximize your Samsung Promos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung promotions and here is what they told me. If your new Note 7 IMEI is tied to another promotion (in my case the 256gb card), they cannot put that IMEI onto the Gear VR promotion in order to transfer the content. I don't agree, but didn't want to push too hard. I wonder if we can set up an oculus account with the old IMEI, then transfer to the new IMEI within the oculus account?

Edit: nevermind about the oculus account. I just set mine up and theres no place to add an imei.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I called Samsung. The trouble I had with the imei number is because I have a international branded phone vs a U.S. one. They said they will sort it out and approve it very soon. Weird

I also asked if there were any other promotions. She said no, but there will be a new promotion very soon...

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know what the bonus content is? I had the vr from the s7 promotion and also received bonus content. If it's the same content I should be able to just log back in and re-download. Would love for someone that has already downloaded the bonus content to let us know what they received

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I got a Gear Fit 2 when I preordered from Best Buy and just got approved for The Gear VR and it will be sent to my address. Nice, I would have grabbed the memory card but I already have one. The Fit 2 will come in handy in a few weeks when I get a hip replacement and my doctors app monitors S health for steps and floors. I like how it checks my heart rate routinely.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I filled out my submission today at 2:30 for the Gear VR and received my approval at 5:30. Look forward to getting it. I played with one at the PGA Championship in their tent and thought it was ok. I was not to the point that I wanted to drop $100, but for free -- it will be fun.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised there still giving free gifts on promotion. It says it's over. What date are you'll entering as purchase date?
Can you choose Gear fit 2?

Bonjovigirl

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I got the memory card with the first note 7, $20 promo samsung pay, $5 dd , couldn't let go of it to do the loaner I love it to much got the $10 samsung pay promo, $5 dd again and just got my shipping tracking for the vr gear. I also kept all my accessories and spen from my first note 7, which I asked to keep with no problem and $25 credit. Not bad.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay so finally my gear vr is moving and will definitely be here on October 6 according to fedex and my package has just left indiana....beforehand it was just a label created for delivery Oct 4 with fedex .....

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Got the vr today, wife and kids already hooked. I have motion sickness issues in normal everyday life. So I am not the target audience, but it didn't mess me up as much as I thought. Definitely worth it for the kids. They loved it. I have a second one on the way, not sure what for, we only have the one phone.

I am also not sure what free content I get. It says it available in the store but not defined. Anyone have a list?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Got a note 7 and an s7 Friday night at best buy. Filled out the info for the free mem card and vr. So I get am email saying I am missing a form with the date. So I send copies of both pages in. Note 7 gets approved and s7 gets declined because no date. It's the same stinking info as the note 7 page and the date is right there! So I call and got a foreign person. They tell me I will get an email from them in 4 days or so and resubmit the picture with everything highlighted. I said why do I have to send it again? Such Bull! I think I'm calling again tomorrow... this is garbage.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I was skeptical it would work because of my sketchy exchange receipts where they didn't have all the info the promotion site says it required, but I submitted them anyway. I think as long as the IMEI and MAC are correct and match up somewhere in Samsung's database, they approve you cause both mine were approved within 24 hours.

I sent away for 1 Gear VR and 1 more 256GB SD card. I received my original 256GB SD cards from my first Note 7's a few weeks back. This second round of promos will certainly make up for the inconvenience of the Note 7 debacle, assuming my new promo items actually ship out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084