Maximize your Samsung Promos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I called again last night about switching the IMEI to the new N7 (for the gear vr content). I actually got someone who knew what I was talking about and she even said she just got off the phone with another customer who had the same problem. She took the N7 information and said she will escalate it to the team handling the transfer. She said I should hear this week from them, but if not, it will be Monday.

Also, I was in Costco last night and the girl at the phone kiosk told me a guy came in with his new N7 and the screen was burned out from using the VR for too long (his nephew was using for 2 or 3 hours!). She said his screen had silver lines across it.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay so finally my gear vr is moving and will definitely be here on October 6 according to fedex and my package has just left indiana....beforehand it was just a label created for delivery Oct 4 with fedex .....

I was in the exact same boat, with an initial delivery date of October 4 but no movement. Looks like mine is finally on its way as well.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Double dipper here. I want to thank the users here that have provided the information.

I didn't get a temp swap phone. I received he free 256gb SD card for the original N7. And thanks you you all I submitted for the Gear VR...

Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route

The order processed. Now I am just waiting for the FedEx shipping # :)

Samsung could have nerf'd all of this but I too think they decided to keep the Promo's going to help offset the inconvenience of the recall. All in all I think they did a pretty good job with a tough situation.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
So I got the tracking number for my Gear VR but even though it's supposed to get here tomorrow it hasn't even shipped yet. Anyone else encountering this?

View attachment 241301

I got my tracking number for my 4 VR's Oct 3rd. When I check to see where it is in shipping, I get no information available. So, for all I know UPS hasn't even picked it up and it's still sitting in a warehouse.
How did you see your delivery date?

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I got my tracking number for my 4 VR's Oct 3rd. When I check to see where it is in shipping, I get no information available. So, for all I know UPS hasn't even picked it up and it's still sitting in a warehouse.
How did you see your delivery date?

So sorry! I'm bad I was looking up tracking through UPS, it's being shipped FedEx. Should be here tomorrow Oct 6th.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so does anyone know if the VR bonus content is connected to the VR serial number and the phones IMEI? The VR for my S7edge loaner just came in and no bonus content appears when I hooked up with the N7... The N7 promo VR will be in tomorrow so I'm assuming once I hook up the N7 with that one, the bonus content will appear...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok so does anyone know if the VR bonus content is connected to the VR serial number and the phones IMEI? The VR for my S7edge loaner just came in and no bonus content appears when I hooked up with the N7... The N7 promo VR will be in tomorrow so I'm assuming once I hook up the N7 with that one, the bonus content will appear...
From the promotion FAQ
VR Content.JPG

It would lead me to believe that it is tied to the IMEI

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Try opening your Oculus app, then "Library" on the bottom, then "Not Installed" on the header.
That's what I thought.... Nothing is there. Shouldn't the bonus content be there though? If it's based off IMEI and I did a promo with the new N7 and S7edge loaner. I should still see it right?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
That's what I thought.... Nothing is there. Shouldn't the bonus content be there though? If it's based off IMEI and I did a promo with the new N7 and S7edge loaner. I should still see it right?

Well, according to the wording... if you originally registered for the VR with the S7info, then the content is tied to the S7. If you no longer have that S7, then you have to give the New Device info to Samsung, so they can transfer the content over to the Note7. Did you already do that?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Nothing is there.
I just got off the phone from changing my IMEI to my N7 and I asked the rep where the bonus content will show. She said it will be under "Not Installed". I brought up your issue about not seeing it there and verified that it would be under that header once approved and she said "Definitely, definitely!"

Sounds like you may have to do another call to Samsung Promotions to clear up your issue... :(

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, according to the wording... if you originally registered for the VR with the S7info, then the content is tied to the S7. If you no longer have that S7, then you have to give the New Device info to Samsung, so they can transfer the content over to the Note7. Did you already do that?
I did the promo with both devices... one VR with loaner and one VR with new N7... So how can it be tied to just the S7edge when I did a separate promo for the N7 also?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I did the promo with both devices... one VR with loaner and one VR with new N7... So how can it be tied to just the S7edge when I did a separate promo for the N7 also?
Because registered for the S7 info alone, and then the N7info alone. If I am understanding you right. In either case you have to make sure that the proper IMEI info is on record with Samsung/Oculas.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone from changing my IMEI to my N7 and I asked the rep where the bonus content will show. She said it will be under "Not Installed". I brought up your issue about not seeing it there and verified that it would be under that header once approved and she said "Definitely, definitely!"

Sounds like you may have to do another call to Samsung Promotions to clear up your issue... :(
Thanks for asking on my behalf bro...
I might call them at some point or I might just say "F" it.... I don't play too many games anyway. I really wanted the VR for the private Netflix and Hulu streaming.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
So I was only able to double dip but my double dip was twice on the first N7 promo. With the recalled Note I got the SD card, then on Sept 21st I got my replacement and submitted for the Gearfit 2 Small which was the last day you could submit for the first promo. It took a while to get approved so didn't think it would work because my exchange receipt was outside the purchase dates, I figured what the hell, if it doesnt work I'll just do the VR promo. So after 8 days they got back to me and said my receipt was outside the purchase dates for the promo, so I then resubmitted with the receipt for the original Note and was approved 24 hours later. The Gearfit 2 is now in route, so thanks defective battery! Also got the $20 & $10 Samsung Rewards bonuses and $10 in D&D rewards. Also kept all accessories from the original phone, even the box and S Pen. Not bad.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have my VR being delivered today from FedEx. It's funny because the VR was done with my replacement N7 and my sd card that was done with my loaner shows approved but nothing else. First N7 I got the Fit2.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My gear vr arrives today but not in a hurry to use it until this next explosive battery fiasco is over.....risk of potential facial burns does not make me comfortable

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I got the vr yesterday. It will not let me use some content without being connected to WiFi.

Because I live in a slightly rural area, I cannot get high speed Internet and do not have WiFi.

I have a great 4g connection and unlimited data. Does anybody know a good work around for the WiFi requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084