I've had every Note since the Note II, and lots of Android phones before that, but there are a few things that have stumped me and I'd like to figure them out.

1. I need a good PDF program that will let me sign and then send as an email attachment. I used to use Adobe Fill and Sign, but now they want a monthly fee, and I just hate that type of system... as Adobe seems to be doing with everything lately. Either charge me a fair one time fee, or make it free, but don't charge me monthly.

2. Speaking of PDF's, I have noticed that I am not able to open some of them from a web browser. There could be a web site with a link to a PDF, but it flat out won't open. On other sites, it works just fine. There's no rhyme nor reason to why this happens that I can establish.

3. The background picture on my Note 7 used to move around independent of the icons as I would move the phone. When I returned my old Note 7 and restored from backup, my background pic is there, but that feature is gone and I can't figure out anywhere in the settings to get it back

That's all I can think of for now, but would really appreciate anyone taking a stab at helping to fix these problems.
    10-02-2016 07:45 AM
    Try Xodo pdf from the Playstore.
    10-02-2016 07:59 AM
    Try Xodo pdf from the Playstore.
    That's a GREAT program. Thanks so much!

Ok everybody, number one is checked off
    10-02-2016 08:51 AM
    Try DocuSign. It is awesome and free. I've been using it for about a year now.

I haven't figured out the PDF issue of not opening, specifically in Chrome, and usually if it's DRM protected. I can get everything to work in the Samsung browser, but I shouldn't be forced off my browser of choice to open PDF files. I haven't recently tried to open a ton of PDFs, but haven't seemed to have had an issue since I initially setup the phone.

And also haven't figured out the wallpaper one. Seems that they have disabled a few more things they don't consider necessary unfortunately, like the alternating lock screen wallpapers. Boo.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-02-2016 09:04 AM
    Try DocuSign. It is awesome and free. I've been using it for about a year now.

I haven't figured out the PDF issue of not opening, specifically in Chrome, and usually if it's DRM protected. I can get everything to work in the Samsung browser, but I shouldn't be forced off my browser of choice to open PDF files. I haven't recently tried to open a ton of PDFs, but haven't seemed to have had an issue since I initially setup the phone.

And also haven't figured out the wallpaper one. Seems that they have disabled a few more things they don't consider necessary unfortunately, like the alternating lock screen wallpapers. Boo.
    I am a Docusign business subscriber, but haven't used the Android app (I just use Docusign on PC), because I thought sharing a signed document required that I send it through Docusign, vs just being able to attach it to an email. Is that correct?

I really don't get why Samsung/Android has such issues with opening PDF files from a web browser. I have searched everywhere for an answer, and people proclaim to try this or that and that it will fix it, but nothing does so far.
    10-02-2016 09:24 AM
    I am a Docusign business subscriber, but haven't used the Android app (I just use Docusign on PC), because I thought sharing a signed document required that I send it through Docusign, vs just being able to attach it to an email. Is that correct?

I really don't get why Samsung/Android has such issues with opening PDF files from a web browser. I have searched everywhere for an answer, and people proclaim to try this or that and that it will fix it, but nothing does so far.
    Nope. You can create it in DocuSign and then attach it to an email. There's a share option. I did a ton of mortgage paperwork using it.

Yeah, I have no idea. It worked fine before I got my replacement Note. It seems some things were crippled on the newer Notes.
    10-02-2016 09:28 AM
    Now that I look at DocuSign, there's a limit of free documents then you have to pay a monthly service fee. If you have a subscription through work I'd take advantage of it.
    10-02-2016 09:31 AM
    3. The background picture on my Note 7 used to move around independent of the icons as I would move the phone. When I returned my old Note 7 and restored from backup, my background pic is there, but that feature is gone and I can't figure out anywhere in the settings to get it back
    You need to re-select the wallpaper again. On the last screen there is a "Background motion effect" button which you need to enable before you set the image as your wallpaper.
    10-02-2016 11:00 AM
    2. Speaking of PDF's, I have noticed that I am not able to open some of them from a web browser. There could be a web site with a link to a PDF, but it flat out won't open. On other sites, it works just fine. There's no rhyme nor reason to why this happens that I can establish.

This can because the pdf is too large and your mobile data is not fast enough. Second try a different browser.( Like google chrome or safari). Your android phone is getting old and slowing down or unable to process larger amounts of data and higher loads, your android version may be getting old and everything is passing on newer things. In any case update google chrome browser to the maximum and remove the old pdf reader after installing xodo pdf.
    10-02-2016 11:09 AM

This can because the pdf is too large and your mobile data is not fast enough. Second try a different browser.( Like google chrome or safari). Your android phone is getting old and slowing down or unable to process larger amounts of data and higher loads, your android version may be getting old and everything is passing on newer things. In any case update google chrome browser to the maximum and remove the old pdf reader after installing xodo pdf.
    Lol. My phone isn't getting old and slowing down. It's a brand new Note 7. My Internet also isn't the issue. I have Verizon 4G, and at home I have a gigabit router with AC speed WiFi and 150 mbps Internet. I have the problem with the same file whether I'm on Verizon or my WiFi. The file is also very small. Maybe 4 MB. This same exact pdf is available on some sights, and it downloads fine, but on other sights it doesn't. That said, a PC always works regardless.

Chrome is up to date, I have tried another browser, and I removed the old pdf program.

This has been happening on the past 3 note phones I have had, and happens on my Tab S 2 Android tablet as well.

It's strange, very annoying, and happens to a lot of people
    10-02-2016 01:48 PM
    You need to re-select the wallpaper again. On the last screen there is a "Background motion effect" button which you need to enable before you set the image as your wallpaper.
    Great suggestion! That fixed it
    10-02-2016 01:55 PM
    If I'm reading you right, it's Chrome that you're having issues opening pdfs with... Correct? If so, in addition to Chrome, do you have the Chrome Device Support Library installed? If memory serves, it doesn't automatically "come along for the ride" with the installation of Chrome. I distinctly remember installing it separately. I haven't had any problems opening pdfs.

I am only guessing here, but hope it helps.
    10-02-2016 02:53 PM
    If I'm reading you right, it's Chrome that you're having issues opening pdfs with... Correct? If so, in addition to Chrome, do you have the Chrome Device Support Library installed? If memory serves, it doesn't automatically "come along for the ride" with the installation of Chrome. I distinctly remember installing it separately. I haven't had any problems opening pdfs.

I am only guessing here, but hope it helps.
    Well, it's with chrome, but also with the stock Samsung browser. How did you go about installing (finding and downloading) the device support library? I can't seem to find it
    10-02-2016 03:23 PM
    Adobe still let's you sign and send. The fill part though is that subscription crap.

If you set the wallpaper, it should give you the motion option.

10-02-2016 06:07 PM
    Wallpaper-
    Verizon version doesn't give the option of motion for wallpaper.

PDF-
    Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed from
    PlayStore? I've never had any issues receiving/opening/sharing any PDF's. I've actually used my Note's to 'screen write' so I can sign the doc and then send it off.
    10-03-2016 01:53 AM
    Wallpaper-

PDF-
    PlayStore? I've never had any issues receiving/opening/sharing any PDF's. I've actually used my Note's to 'screen write' so I can sign the doc and then send it off.
    Fortunately Verizon version does give you the ability to set wallpaper motion effect. I do this, occasionally when I use stock launcher.
    10-03-2016 08:24 AM
    Wallpaper-

PDF-
    Verizon version does have motion affect, you have to select the wallpaper first and which screen you want it on.

P. S. Can anyone guess what color my Note 7 is?
    Attached Thumbnails Help a seasoned Note user solve some little issues-1658.jpg  
    10-03-2016 09:54 AM
    Well, it's with chrome, but also with the stock Samsung browser. How did you go about installing (finding and downloading) the device support library? I can't seem to find it
    That's a very good question, as I can no longer find it in the Playstore... But I do indeed have an app called Chrome Device Support Library listed under my Applications. I don't remember having to enable side-loading, so I must have gotten prompted to download it for some reason. I'm sorry I can't remember under what circumstances I was prompted to add it...

Let's do an experiment - send me a link to something you can't open... and we'll see if I have the same problem. That might save us from a wild goose chase trying to figure out if you even need this or not! :-) I am Verizon, btw, although that shouldn't matter... I don't think...?

Let me add a photo...Help a seasoned Note user solve some little issues-screenshot_20161005-121401.jpg
    10-05-2016 01:16 PM