Curious to hear other opinions on this. With Nougat reportedly coming to the N7 in a few weeks, do you see any other updates for marshmallow?

I apologize if this is a redundant question. Coming from Apple and Windows I'm not sure what to expect.
    10-02-2016 11:52 AM
    I never really care about the updates. Cause all the good features of android N have already been on Samsung's phones for years anyways. The only thing I worry about with new updates is it having a negative effect on battery life. Right now my N7 is running perfect!
    10-02-2016 12:28 PM
    Samsung might complete the Nougat update in a few weeks, but no one will receive it from their carrier until 2017.
    I would assume we would still receive monthly security updates in the meantime. T-mobile already had their update, so I would assume the next big update won't be until like Feb.
    10-02-2016 12:55 PM
    Samsung might complete the Nougat update in a few weeks, but no one will receive it from their carrier until 2017.
    I would assume we would still receive monthly security updates in the meantime. T-mobile already had their update, so I would assume the next big update won't be until like Feb.
    Fact and you pretty much nailed it in my opinion.

Only thing I would doubt is 2017 may be a stretch of luck for AT&T N7 users. We barely seen marshmallow before the years end with the note 5 LoL.
    shaleem likes this.
    10-02-2016 02:17 PM
    Even when the update comes, I will not download it until the bugs are worked out....its a reason why my tab S2 is still on lollipop
    10-02-2016 02:31 PM
    Even when the update comes, I will not download it until the bugs are worked out....
    Best advice ever
    10-02-2016 02:31 PM
    We know yet if the note will be daydream compatible for the Google vr?
    10-02-2016 04:00 PM
    Sammy better not screw with the native nougat split screen...
    10-02-2016 05:50 PM
    Even when the update comes, I will not download it until the bugs are worked out....its a reason why my tab S2 is still on lollipop
    ^this^

I always refuse updates till they have been out at least a few weeks, if not months to read what everyone says. 90% of the updates I've received in the past have made my battery drain a lot faster, or removed features that I enjoyed
    10-02-2016 06:24 PM
    All I want is the same darn update ATT and Tmo got. Great added features released by Android team. Including the logical placement of the resolition settings- moved from the power saving section.

Verizon sux big butt.
    10-02-2016 06:38 PM
    I'll happily guinea pig the Nougat update but I'm not expecting it on T-mobile until early 2017.
    10-02-2016 06:41 PM
    Security updates will still be released for Marshmallow until Nougat is out for the N7.
    10-03-2016 05:52 AM
    Best advice ever
    ^this^

I always refuse updates till they have been out at least a few weeks, if not months to read what everyone says. 90% of the updates I've received in the past have made my battery drain a lot faster, or removed features that I enjoyed
    I see this all the time. First, 90% of your updates blah, blah, blah. I doubt it. But even if it is true, a factory reset, which I highly recommend after a major update, solves 90+% of the issues. It is mostly likely an app or combination of apps that you have installed that didn't adapt well to the update...not the update its self.

Second, even if this was good advice... I never get bugs fixed. Other than security updates, when do we get small bug fix tweaks to the OS? Very, very rarely. So if you are waiting for the bugs to be discovered, and then fixed... well, the Note 8 might be your next software update.
    10-03-2016 07:16 AM
    I am really happy with my phone right now, so I am not in a rush for Nougat.
    10-03-2016 08:12 AM
    What's the rush?
    10-03-2016 08:21 AM
    What OS version (or any software for that matter) doesn't have bugs?
    10-03-2016 03:59 PM
    This issue of staging Updates & New OpSyst..release it cause
    controversy among the users that--Will get the "N=Nougat" first
    and others have to wait longer: I said in another post..Why

Google is unable to launch the Nougat 7.0 and previous versions in
    a single day for all the "Android-Phone brands" Hope-1 day canBe done
    10-03-2016 04:41 PM
    What OS version (or any software for that matter) doesn't have bugs?
    I met major bugs....the tab s2 had a major bug when it upgraded to marshmallow that caused low audio to come from the speakers....now users can never get the true sound of their speakers on a tab s2 that was updated to marshmallow.....at least waiting and letting other people be the test dummy gives me the option of updating or not and doesn't hurt anything....
    10-03-2016 05:19 PM
    All I want is the same darn update ATT and Tmo got. Great added features released by Android team. Including the logical placement of the resolition settings- moved from the power saving section.

Verizon sux big butt.
    Att version didnt get that update.. Only Tmobile did. Bunch of crap.
    10-03-2016 05:23 PM
    This issue of staging Updates & New OpSyst..release it cause
    controversy among the users that--Will get the "N=Nougat" first
    and others have to wait longer: I said in another post..Why

Google is unable to launch the Nougat 7.0 and previous versions in
    a single day for all the "Android-Phone brands" Hope-1 day canBe done
    Well they can't because manufacturers are allowed to modify along with carriers. Therefore the OS has to be tested, then the manufactures test it to ensure it works with their stuff, and then finally carriers with their networks / modifications / add-ons.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    10-03-2016 05:43 PM
    Thx for reply @Almeuit: Well hope in the Near future Google
    change this policy to being-Able to launch the New versions
    Automatically directly, without interference of the Carriers
    or Phone factories. So the 'Beta' test isn't enough to
    detect & Fix the bugs, before launched..only cow
    10-03-2016 08:20 PM