data while on call

udrunner

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon note 7. For some reason I cannot use data while on a call, it says it's not enabled.
I've checked and advanced calling is on, it's checked for hd voice and video. I don't know what I'm missing.

I was always able to use simultaneous voice and data on my old note 5. Any help is appreciated.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Prolly a dumb question... but are you in a 4g area? Cdma service (1x & 3g) Data doesn't work while on a call. It should with 4g tho.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok this is driving me nuts lol. I could have sworn at least on my note 5 that i could turn data on or off during call so I went and looked at my note 5 and couldn't find it. And i can't find that option on note 7 either. But I'm able to use internet while on a call. Hmmm...im wondering if the latest updates took that option away. Hmm....how bout for the heck of it turn data on. Turn phone off for a few seconds then turn it back on to see if you can make a call and use internet at the same time.

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is driving me nuts lol. I could have sworn at least on my note 5 that i could turn data on or off during call so I went and looked at my note 5 and couldn't find it. And i can't find that option on note 7 either. But I'm able to use internet while on a call. Hmmm...im wondering if the latest updates took that option away. Hmm....how bout for the heck of it turn data on. Turn phone off for a few seconds then turn it back on to see if you can make a call and use internet at the same time.

On Verizon I believe it's called Advanced Calling. I had go activate Advanced Calling through the settings menu of the Note 7 before I could do voice and data at the same time.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a Verizon note 7. For some reason I cannot use data while on a call, it says it's not enabled.
I've checked and advanced calling is on, it's checked for hd voice and video. I don't know what I'm missing.

I was always able to use simultaneous voice and data on my old note 5. Any help is appreciated.
Even though you've enabled HD voice on the phone, I believe you have to log on to your account online and activate the feature on your account before it will work.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Even though you've enabled HD voice on the phone, I believe you have to log on to your account online and activate the feature on your account before it will work.

This is correct. It has to be enabled via the account as well.

udrunner

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Strange, it works like it should now. Maybe it was just an isolated problem. Everything was ahead on like it should have been.

At least it's working.

Thanks for all the help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier are you on? Simultaneous voice and data requires VoLTE to be turned on (which can go by different names depending on the carrier, like Advanced Calling, Enhanced 4G, HD Voice, etc.). And Sprint still hasn't completely rolled out VoLTE on their network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam