When will Note 7 start selling again?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'd never buy a Note 7 if s8 were coming out in a few weeks.

The S8 EDGE though. I have the standard S7 still too in a drawer as a backup phone. It is a very snappy phone, nothing at all wrong with it but the screen is too darn small for me. That is why I went back to the Note but when I returned it, the Edge is the closest thing to it and has a large scree. I would never consider a standard S sized phone, only the Edge.

So if the S8 edge comes out in late Jan or early Feb like some are hinting, it might be better to hold off then?

This year Note 5 users, most of them switched over the the S7 edge when it came out and then bought a Note 7 when it came out.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The S8 EDGE though. I have the standard S7 still too in a drawer as a backup phone. It is a very snappy phone, nothing at all wrong with it but the screen is too darn small for me. That is why I went back to the Note but when I returned it, the Edge is the closest thing to it and has a large scree. I would never consider a standard S sized phone, only the Edge.

So if the S8 edge comes out in late Jan or early Feb like some are hinting, it might be better to hold off then?
There will be no more flat screened s8 so edge seemed redundant. S8 5.5?

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I got one from telesales and I can't believe how hot it gets. The volume buttons get hot and the entire top of the device. My pre recall device never felt anything like this.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
J. Williams on youtube just did a video tonight and said he returned his replacement Note 7 because of the bad battery life.
It's a common problem in all Android phones. Runaway apps are always blamed but only found to be at fault about half the time. I'm not sure it's reason for concern yet. Threads will show up on all the forums if the hardware or software issue is endemic in Note 7 any more than other Android devices

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This year Note 5 users, most of them switched over the the S7 edge when it came out and then bought a Note 7 when it came out.

This is not true, no matter how many times you state it. Most users stick with the S series or Note, based on their needs. Most people don't switch phones more than once a year.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
This is not true, no matter how many times you state it. Most users stick with the S series or Note, based on their needs. Most people don't switch phones more than once a year.

But we got people on these forums who switch about every 3 or 4 months when a new device comes out. Must be nice to have thousands to spend on new phones every few months.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
But we got people on these forums who switch about every 3 or 4 months when a new device comes out. Must be nice to have thousands to spend on new phones every few months.
It is, but many of them are probably selling/trading instead of keeping all of them, so probably spending just the delta between new in box and resale.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It is, but many of them are probably selling/trading instead of keeping all of them, so probably spending just the delta between new in box and resale.

True. I still got my regular S7 as well. If there is a price slash for Christmas or refurbs go on sale for a good price, I might trade in my S7 towards another Note. I got the itch! I bought an S7 edge recently too. I've spent a lot this year on phones lol.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Guilty... s7e to note 7 to iPhone 7 plus & going back to note 7 tomorrow.