Omg Samsung with your messages app!

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm with tmobile and recently switched but I like the Verizon messages+ app a lot(I know weird) I got the gear fit 2 with my Note 7 but I think this is what is causing this strange bug. I have messages+ set to default and Samsung message app keeps trying to take control and no matter what I do to change it it tries to take over like pop up asking about being default SMS app and what not. I have it turned off on the watch through notification but it still coming through. There is no way to control this app at all. Any advice so I can happily use the app I want freely?

Edit: also when I share stuff the default app is Samsung app after multiple times I selected messages+ too it's like Samsung wants me to use there crap message app

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm with tmobile and recently switched but I like the Verizon messages+ app a lot(I know weird) I got the gear fit 2 with my Note 7 but I think this is what is causing this strange bug. I have messages+ set to default and Samsung message app keeps trying to take control and no matter what I do to change it it tries to take over like pop up asking about being default SMS app and what not. I have it turned off on the watch through notification but it still coming through. There is no way to control this app at all. Any advice so I can happily use the app I want freely?

Edit: also when I share stuff the default app is Samsung app after multiple times I selected messages+ too it's like Samsung wants me to use there crap message app

Messages plus is the best pure text app I've used. I recommend disabling Samsung's text app. That should work. Although I admit I use Facebook messenger now because of integrated SMS with all of the extras. It works well with the watch too.

I'm not sure how you are using a Verizon app on t mobile though.

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Messages plus is the best pure text app I've used. I recommend disabling Samsung's text app. That should work. Although I admit I use Facebook messenger now because of integrated SMS with all of the extras. It works well with the watch too.

I'm not sure how you are using a Verizon app on t mobile though.
Oh and its a Verizon app but it's not a app only for Verizon customers I really like the app I know for a carrier app it's a decent app. Trust me I'm not the only one if you read the reviews but I just really want Samsung to stop flashing their app in my face.

tech_chick

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm having an issue where I set my quick replies but the replies I save do not display on the fit. This is when I'm using Google messages. Only the native messages app reflect the saved replies. Very frustrating because the native app is so buggy and slow. Ugh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty