10-05-2016 05:14 PM
66 123
tools
    I compared the box.... it's the earbud case that would have been nice to have.
    Is it a cheap plastic box? Or is it something nicer?

I'm on Verizon. If I switched to AT&T and got a different style box than others, I'd start questioning whether they were selling new or refurbished units at full price. Typically, products are sold in the same packaging no matter the retailer; only refurbs and the like that are sold in different packaging. So while it doesn't impact the function of the device, I can see why this is a cause for concern to new customers.
    If you're so paranoid, don't choose AT&T. They have always boxed their phones in orange boxes, at least for every android device I've bought. I throw the box out after the 14 day trial period ends.
    10-03-2016 03:31 PM
    If you're so paranoid, don't choose AT&T. They have always boxed their phones in orange boxes, at least for every android device I've bought. I throw the box out after the 14 day trial period ends.
    I don't think Moon is saying he is specifically period but he means the "general public" -- a.k.a people that don't visit and post on forums like we do here .
    Mooncatt likes this.
    10-03-2016 03:35 PM
    Is it a cheap plastic box? Or is it something nicer?

It's just a plastic box but it is made decent and it's nice to store them in. Good small size too. I keep mine in a zipper pouch but I would have liked the plastic case...
    10-03-2016 03:39 PM
    I'm guessing the main annoyance is the lack of the little hard case to carry your headphones in. The actual overall box isn't a big deal as long as it survives the shipping.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-03-2016 03:41 PM
    Wow... now ppl even complain about the stupid box it comes in?

Once you take out the phone and use it, why are you even looking at the box anymore??
    Again, everyone has a line of what they are or are not happy with. Once you rinse off the dog shiz and use it, would you care?
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-03-2016 03:55 PM
    I don't think Moon is saying he is specifically period but he means the "general public" -- a.k.a people that don't visit and post on forums like we do here .
    Bingo. I didn't even realize this was a "thing" until just recently.
    10-03-2016 04:45 PM
    10-03-2016 04:53 PM
    Bingo. I didn't even realize this was a "thing" until just recently.
    I'm sure Almeuit can attest, back in August when the Note 7 first came out, there was a 7 or 8 page thread on the same exact thing - folks not liking the AT&T ugly packaging. It finally quieted down and went away, never to be heard from until now, when the Replacement Note 7s begin to arrive. It's a box - mine is in my AT&T Bag where it will stay, in my closet until I need the box to maybe sell it in the future or something. I don't care what it looks like.
    shaleem likes this.
    10-03-2016 05:05 PM
    We just switched to AT&T so it's new to me. But like I said earlier... My fiance got an S7 and that had the better packaging and the earbud case and that's AT&T though so go figure?
    10-03-2016 05:09 PM
    No one is saying it's this big, terrible thing. Simply that it's dumb and makes no sense. It IS just packaging at the end of the day, clearly. And no one is putting it above the item itself.
    10-03-2016 05:22 PM
    Again, everyone has a line of what they are or are not happy with. Once you rinse off the dog shiz and use it, would you care?
    The beauty of being a customer is the right to choose what to buy. If you don't like it (even if it's due to something as stupid as packaging), then don't buy it. Simple as that. Take your business elsewhere.

And that analogy is so irrelevant, I'm not even going to address it.
    10-03-2016 05:46 PM
    Att phone don't come in OEM boxs, unless is a IPhone.
    Not true I got my galaxy s7 edge from AT&T and it came in original packaging. The Note line however always comes on the AT&T branded cardboard box
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-03-2016 06:22 PM
    For you ATT guys I just got a check in the mail today for a lawsuit settlement from attm settlement for data overages on a work phone dident even know I was part of this.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-03-2016 06:24 PM
    shaleem and jimd1050 like this.
    10-03-2016 10:48 PM
    The beauty of being a customer is the right to choose what to buy. If you don't like it (even if it's due to something as stupid as packaging), then don't buy it. Simple as that. Take your business elsewhere.

And that analogy is so irrelevant, I'm not even going to address it.
    That analogy is exactly on point. Maybe not the point YOU'RE making, but the point i'm making. Everyone says why care what the device comes in, as long as it works? I'm saying, everyone is going to draw the line somewhere and it's perfectly fine if your line is different than mine. No one is saying it's a big enough deal to pay early termination fee's to leave a carrier over, but we can still say that we don't love it. If you don't like it, you don't have to read the thread or comment on it.
    Joeykool and Delirious D like this.
    10-04-2016 09:21 AM
    crammpa - I am not worthy! God, you're good - where the hell are you getting this stuff? I mean, I know you're doing the Photoshop stuff, but the originals just FIT Dude! Love it!
    10-05-2016 05:14 PM
66 123