The tap off screen apps work to turn the screen off, but it forces you to use the pin to unlock the phone instead of the fingerprint or eye scanner. It also forces the phone to lock even though smart lock is enabled and unlocked via gps. I like I can wave my hand over the screen to wake the phone up. My LG V10 spoiled me with double tap on/off.

Thank you
    10-03-2016 03:20 AM
    I use gravity screen when phone not in s-view case. Set to use proximity sensor just wake up with finger over sensor
    10-03-2016 03:41 AM
    I use gravity screen when phone not in s-view case. Set to use proximity sensor just wake up with finger over sensor
    Waking up is fine... I'm talking about screen off
    10-03-2016 09:32 AM
    The tap off screen apps work to turn the screen off, but it forces you to use the pin to unlock the phone instead of the fingerprint or eye scanner. It also forces the phone to lock even though smart lock is enabled and unlocked via gps. I like I can wave my hand over the screen to wake the phone up. My LG V10 spoiled me with double tap on/off.

Thank you
    Had this issue to. I use Nova launcher, got it working. Now I can double tap screen, and when I unlock it I can use fingerprint, no more being forced to do the pin.

If your using Nova, I can show you what to do
    10-03-2016 09:39 AM
    Had this issue to. I use Nova launcher, got it working. Now I can double tap screen, and when I unlock it I can use fingerprint, no more being forced to do the pin.

If your using Nova, I can show you what to do
    I am using touch wiz for now. Since I just got the phone and am learning it. But I'm sure I will switch when I get bored. I like nova and smartlauncher
    10-03-2016 10:03 AM
    Don't know anything about TouchWiz. Nova, there is a setting for screen lock, then timeout. I had to enter my pin also in Nova untill I was told about the timeout setting in Nova settings.
    10-03-2016 10:07 AM
    Found one! App is called knockon. Works perfect. You have to adjust the settings a bit and then 2 taps and screen goes off without messing up scanners!
    10-04-2016 01:01 PM
    I'm trying to understand what you are doing. I used to have my phone lock immediately on press of power key and then I'd know my phone is secure. However some of my notifications cause my screen to come on and stay on for my default screen on time (1 minute) and I want to be able to turn the screen off immediately but I don't want to have to also use my fingerprint to unlock it 30 seconds later. Especially when I'm in a Smart Lock environment (home, the car, or certain headset linked via bluetooth). Ideally I'd still like to have the phone lock on immediate power press but I'd also like to have a way to turn the screen off by tapping the screen. So tapping would just make the screen dark and the lock would engage after the screen had been off for whatever time period I've identified in settings, but I'd still have the option to use "immediate lock on power press" so I can lock my phone "on demand".

So if you understood all that (and I know it's a little convoluted trying to explain)...can this app do that?
    10-04-2016 04:14 PM
    Ok basically this is what it does with a galaxy. I have smart lock enabled via GPS. I Also have fingerprint and eye scanner enabled. My LG V10 had a double tap on and double tap feature which I loved. For some reason, galaxy phones can't use a screen off app without masking the lock screen activate. Not only fits it activate, but it also disables the fingerprint and eye scanner forcing you to use pin or password to unlock. It's a galaxy issue. So you must use the power button to turn off the screen.... that is until I founds this app above. Just go into settings and you will see galaxy options. If you try it and have any questions, key me know. I hope that explains it.
    French likes this.
    10-04-2016 04:41 PM
    Awesome you found a app to do it. For the ones that use Nova prime, you don't need another app, it's built in to Nova, just have to adjust settings.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-04-2016 05:52 PM
    Wow...this is what I've been looking for. A way to just turn the screen off without locking it immediately, as well as still having the ability to lock immediately via power key for times I know I'm in a less secure environment.

Are you using wake on tap as well? I'm wondering if that turns off my AOD. Also a bit concerned about battery impact since the pro version offers disable and sleep options.
    10-04-2016 05:53 PM
    Wow...this is what I've been looking for. A way to just turn the screen off without locking it immediately, as well as still having the ability to lock immediately via power key for times I know I'm in a less secure environment.

Are you using wake on tap as well? I'm wondering if that turns off my AOD. Also a bit concerned about battery impact since the pro version offers disable and sleep options.
    I just use the hand over sensor built in feature to wake the phone.

Are you using it now?
    10-04-2016 06:18 PM
    I just use the hand over sensor built in feature to wake the phone.

Are you using it now?
    I have it set up for screen off double tap but not screen on...and I don't have the wave feature on at the moment. I'll turn that back on and play with that too. My home screen is a little busy so I have to be careful where I double tap.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-04-2016 07:23 PM
    So it's been a couple of days...have you noticed any battery hits? I unfortunately still haven't established a "regular use" pattern for myself, but what I am observing is that Knockon is using more battery than Light Flow. Light Flow monitors my phone constantly for notifications. I don't even have the double tap feature of knockon turned on. Right now I'm using it as an "instant lock" with the icon on one of my home screens.

My battery overall seems to be taking more of a hit, but I did also turn on the "wave" feature to turn the screen back on so it's possible the overall battery hit is more to do with that. But I am concerned that Light Flow is taking .06% battery and Knockon is taking 1.6%
    10-06-2016 05:57 AM
    So it's been a couple of days...have you noticed any battery hits? I unfortunately still haven't established a "regular use" pattern for myself, but what I am observing is that Knockon is using more battery than Light Flow. Light Flow monitors my phone constantly for notifications. I don't even have the double tap feature of knockon turned on. Right now I'm using it as an "instant lock" with the icon on one of my home screens.

My battery overall seems to be taking more of a hit, but I did also turn on the "wave" feature to turn the screen back on so it's possible the overall battery hit is more to do with that. But I am concerned that Light Flow is taking .06% battery and Knockon is taking 1.6%
    With knockons double tap option to wake, the App is using a black screen so your screen appears off, so basically screen is still on all day
    10-06-2016 07:10 AM
    With knockons double tap option to wake, the App is using a black screen so your screen appears off, so basically screen is still on all day
    Sorry...I need to clarify...I only have the shortcut button on my home screen. I do not have the double tap on or off functionality turned on. So I can tap the screen all day long and nothing happens, which is fine. But I still wanted to be able to lock on demand. I have my power key to only turn the screen off as for my use that works better than trying to double tap the screen. But I still wanted a quick way to "lock" on the fly so I had the shortcut put on my home screen and I use that to instantly lock the device. In this scenario PIN is required so I can't use fingerprint, but the times I would use it that is o.k. with me...I'd be using it when not in my normal, safe environments (so don't need it at home or friends or the car). Hope that made sense. Really I probably need to just go back into the play store and look for a "lock" app...that's all I really need.
    10-06-2016 07:20 AM
    What about tap off? Dies that affect the battery? I don't use tap on.
    10-06-2016 09:39 AM
    Sorry...I need to clarify...I only have the shortcut button on my home screen. I do not have the double tap on or off functionality turned on. So I can tap the screen all day long and nothing happens, which is fine. But I still wanted to be able to lock on demand. I have my power key to only turn the screen off as for my use that works better than trying to double tap the screen. But I still wanted a quick way to "lock" on the fly so I had the shortcut put on my home screen and I use that to instantly lock the device. In this scenario PIN is required so I can't use fingerprint, but the times I would use it that is o.k. with me...I'd be using it when not in my normal, safe environments (so don't need it at home or friends or the car). Hope that made sense. Really I probably need to just go back into the play store and look for a "lock" app...that's all I really need.
    That's the problem with the lock widgets or apps. They force you to use the pin to open phone back up. It disables fingerprint and eye scanner and also locks the phone even with smart lock on. This is the first app that I founds works with galaxys.

What are you using to monitor your battery and apps draining it?
    10-06-2016 09:42 AM
    That's the problem with the lock widgets or apps. They force you to use the pin to open phone back up. It disables fingerprint and eye scanner and also locks the phone even with smart lock on. This is the first app that I founds works with galaxys.

What are you using to monitor your battery and apps draining it?
    GSam battery manager.
    10-06-2016 02:16 PM
    GSam battery manager.
    Seems like this battery app uses more juice than other apps?
    10-06-2016 02:39 PM
    Everything looks decent except for the battery monitor...... lol
    Attached Thumbnails any tap off app that will work properly with an N7?-9394.jpg  
    10-06-2016 03:59 PM
    Knockon is down there below the battery app
    Attached Thumbnails any tap off app that will work properly with an N7?-9395.jpg  
    10-06-2016 04:02 PM
    Don't know anything about TouchWiz. Nova, there is a setting for screen lock, then timeout. I had to enter my pin also in Nova untill I was told about the timeout setting in Nova settings.
    Where is the timeout setting in Nova settings. I can't seem to find it.
    10-06-2016 04:56 PM
    Joeykool: You only have an hour of reporting there. I never see GSAM in the first page of my battery usage stats. Maybe check it again when you have more time in (a few hours at least). TONS of people using Gsam and I've never seen anyone complain about the battery resources it uses before so don't think it's necessarily better or worse than any others out there.
    10-07-2016 05:47 AM
    Joeykool: You only have an hour of reporting there. I never see GSAM in the first page of my battery usage stats. Maybe check it again when you have more time in (a few hours at least). TONS of people using Gsam and I've never seen anyone complain about the battery resources it uses before so don't think it's necessarily better or worse than any others out there.
    Yes I noticed that just now. It's about the same draw as other apps. Thanks for the reply
    10-07-2016 08:06 AM