10-05-2016 11:49 AM
58 123
tools
    I wouldn't. I returned my Note 7 and am waiting on either the Pixel XL or the V20.
    I heard the pixels are being renamed Bezel. XL Big Bezel
    10-03-2016 07:36 PM
    I heard the pixels are being renamed Bezel. XL Big Bezel
    I ain't worried about it. If anything I still have the V20 to rely on. I've been liking everything I've read about it so far.
    10-03-2016 07:39 PM
    I ain't worried about it. If anything I still have the V20 to rely on. I've been liking everything I've read about it so far.
    After the note 7 video about the spen and other features... I started to want the note 7 again... but starting to interested in the v20 again too...
    10-03-2016 08:07 PM
    If already vested in the Apple ecosystem, I get why the Plus is the preferred device. Why not? Good device.

That said, for a true gadget geek or a person non vested in the ecosystem, the Note 7 has things in its favor.

Better display. Even at same FHD resolution.

Better camera overall

No ITunes dependence

File drag and drop

Natively delete photos without syncing iTunes

True OTG support

More storage capability without cloud.

7% bigger display in 10% smaller footprint.

Can be used with one hand without issue. Unless smaller hands.

Integrated pen function.

Even battery life is on par if you iPhonetise' the Note 7 (set to FHD and limit background tasks).

Tons of great emulators

Tons of custom theme options

Flash support

None of the last several features above requiring jailbreak.

3.5 mm jack

Tons More codec support

Gear VR (iPhone Plus 1080p split in two for VR is not too good)

Not seeing how any gadget person not already vested in Apple not seeing the Note 7 as the better device.

This is the close to I can come to feigning incredulity
    Samsung Pay too FTW
    10-03-2016 08:31 PM
    During the N7 battery fiasco, I placed an order for a Jet Black Iphone 7 plus at my local target assuming I would never get one. Well, as luck would have it, they have one for me today. My replacement N7 return policy expires tomorrow and I'm a bit torn on what to do. I am definitely enjoying my N7. Battery is solid, lag and stutter are minimal compared to my original version. I invested in a wireless charger and Gear VR (which I have yet to fully explore). I'll lose on reselling those plus my $35 restock fee.

I'm a gadget guy so I will probably keep the phone for a bout a year. Like many, all of my friends and family use an iphone so there is some upside to imessage, iPhoto etc. Also, that sweet jet black is calling my name scratches or not.

Did anyone switch over during the exchange period? If so, how's the experience been? Would you make the change now if given the chance?
    Let me put it this way. I returned my iPhone 7 plus for my new note 7. The iPhone has a major issue right now with static and popping noises from the processor everyone believes. You can hear it in a quiet room or in videos through the mic. So it was annoying and I returned it. On MacRumors there is over a 55 page topic of complaints on it and people returning them.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/...997077/page-55

I would keep you note.
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-03-2016 08:35 PM
    Flash support? Since when?
    Still works through Dolphin and UC browser. Flash 11.1 still works fine too with those browsers and Firefox too.
    10-03-2016 10:01 PM
    I think some folks claim Note 7 interest but are really iPhone dedicated. They are NINO's

Note In Name Only
    Wiley_11 and buzzy3970 like this.
    10-03-2016 10:07 PM
    It's your choice.

Personally, I'd say keep the Note, especially if you're the type who uses the S Pen often. If you don't and you're curious to know how the iPhone 7+ is like, then go for it. The 7+ is a very good phone that I'm sure people will be happy to use. Heck, someone on our mod team is using one now and he likes it.

Though I'd go with matte black, personally. Jet Black is one of those colors that look awesome in marketing renders but much less-so in the real world.

Frankly, it's a tough decision, since both phones are great.
    libra89 and queenren like this.
    10-04-2016 01:46 AM
    Keep the note. Sounds like you're invested too much in it. And it'll probably be a hassle to return it and get the iPhone and then be disappointed with scratching, fingerprints and lack of customization on it.
    10-04-2016 03:34 AM
    Link to discussion in iMore and they love apple there.
    iPhone 7 plus Verizon bad reception - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    That's a couple posters. Hardly seems widespread, or however it was characterized in your earlier post.
    10-04-2016 07:39 AM
    Switching to the iBezel 7 plus would be like going back to 2013. You would lose a lot especially coming from the N7
    10-04-2016 08:03 AM
    I would resell the jet black one... Huge profit margin.

But with regards to the phone itself, I returned the note 7 and don't plan on buying a new one. Really enjoying the iPhone 7 Plus. And this is coming from someone who has used every single note available on Verizon. The last two years, I returned the 6 plus and 6s Plus. This year, I saw no major compelling reason to return the iPhone 7 Plus. Because honestly I don't like where Samsung is going with the curved screen which makes it difficult to use tempered glass screen protector. Then add the telephoto lens on the iPhone 7 Plus... And portrait mode. Wow.

No phone is perfect by any means... But for me, the iPhone 7 Plus is the best fit at the moment. I can say that I do miss the speed of the Note 7 camera. Nothing touches it.
    This is my experience as well. I have the Matte Black 7 Plus now and I am thinking of returning my Note 7. I am really enjoying the iPhone and iOS 10.

I would definitely sell the Jet Black one though. Too scratch prone.
    10-04-2016 08:28 AM
    During the N7 battery fiasco, I placed an order for a Jet Black Iphone 7 plus at my local target assuming I would never get one. Well, as luck would have it, they have one for me today. My replacement N7 return policy expires tomorrow and I'm a bit torn on what to do. I am definitely enjoying my N7. Battery is solid, lag and stutter are minimal compared to my original version. I invested in a wireless charger and Gear VR (which I have yet to fully explore). I'll lose on reselling those plus my $35 restock fee.

I'm a gadget guy so I will probably keep the phone for a bout a year. Like many, all of my friends and family use an iphone so there is some upside to imessage, iPhoto etc. Also, that sweet jet black is calling my name scratches or not.

Did anyone switch over during the exchange period? If so, how's the experience been? Would you make the change now if given the chance?
    My wife got one. The answer is H NO. Boooooring.
    10-04-2016 08:54 AM
    That's a couple posters. Hardly seems widespread, or however it was characterized in your earlier post.
    15 so far when u count posters whose spouses have same issue.
    10-04-2016 08:58 AM
    I hear people that buy the iPhone Plus get a free copy of Best of Nickelback. Seems fitting
    10-04-2016 09:09 AM
    I'd wait for the 10th anniversary iPhone and keep the Note.
    10-04-2016 09:34 AM
    15 so far when u count posters whose spouses have same issue.
    I think this seems to be a half and half thing. Some people have had poor signal and others, it has been normal. I don't understand this.

Just keep the jet black iPhone 7+. Try it for 2 days, and if you like it, resell it and get the Matte Black instead.
    10-04-2016 10:35 AM
    I think this seems to be a half and half thing. Some people have had poor signal and others, it has been normal. I don't understand this.

Just keep the jet black iPhone 7+. Try it for 2 days, and if you like it, resell it and get the Matte Black instead.
    I haven't replaced note 7 yet. Fortunately for my 7 plus wasn't available
    libra89 likes this.
    10-04-2016 10:47 AM
    As tempting as the 7+ is, I'm going to wait on the anniversary edition 8+, see what it offers and make a decision from there on Note 8. Keeping Note for now, not loyal to any brand.
    jlczl likes this.
    10-04-2016 10:50 AM
    I wouldn't. I returned my Note 7 and am waiting on either the Pixel XL or the V20.
    I'm eyeballing the Pixel XL as well.
    10-04-2016 11:31 AM
    Eh, the Pixel announcement was kind of dull. I'd get a iPhone over it.
    jlczl likes this.
    10-04-2016 11:44 AM
    The jet blacks seem to scratch easy. The Verizon models have some big connection drop issues. So the scratching issue aside, you can use a case, but the drop issues if your carrier is Verizon would give me pause as it is quite widespread. A fix should be coming sooner or later. Other carriers are also experiencing it to a lesser degree. Just be informed is all.
    libra89 and recDNA like this.
    10-04-2016 12:14 PM
    Decided to snag a Pixel XL - 128 GB.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-04-2016 12:45 PM
    I switched from Apple for years and even though I kept my iPad, iPod and Apple Watch I don't see me returning anytime soon, I fell hard for the Note 7 and it just was not the same during the recall when I had to get the 7 Edge. Love the S-Pen for email and the wireless charging which Apple probably won't do till the Anniversary phone. But it is a personal decision for each of us - good luck no matter what you decide
    I'm in the same boat, minus the iPod. The Note 7 is a beautiful phone.
    10-04-2016 01:27 PM
    Decided to snag a Pixel XL - 128 GB.
    How do you feel about spending Apple prices on an Android phone with less features than say a Note 7 (which is every so slightly cheaper but more feature rich)? This is a genuine question...I am curious because in Android circles premium prices have been seen as anti-Android and anti-Google, yet here we are, Google launches their first phones and they are the exact same price as iPhone. I'm seriously conflicted and have difficulty justifying the price point, and this is coming from somebody who owns an iPhone 6s Plus 64GB and a Note 7, and who is considering picking up the iPhone 7 Plus instead of my 6s Plus.

The bonus is of course updates and security patches...but beyond that...
    jlczl likes this.
    10-04-2016 01:29 PM
58 123