Opportunity to Swap for Jet Black Iphone 7 Plus What would you do?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't get iphone if in VZW. All kinds of complaints about poor and dropping signal in good signal areas.

I haven't seen that problem. I have never lost signal in a good area,or any area where my note 7 got a signal for that matter. I don't have my note 7 anymore but I compared speeds from my iPhone 7 Plus and moto z play, and in some instances the iPhone did better,in others the Moto z play play.

7adde8ef75f353beeddbf36d8e34de53.png

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If already vested in the Apple ecosystem, I get why the Plus is the preferred device. Why not? Good device.

That said, for a true gadget geek or a person non vested in the ecosystem, the Note 7 has things in its favor.

Better display. Even at same FHD resolution.

Better camera overall

No ITunes dependence

File drag and drop

Natively delete photos without syncing iTunes

True OTG support

More storage capability without cloud.

7% bigger display in 10% smaller footprint.

Can be used with one hand without issue. Unless smaller hands.

Integrated pen function.

Even battery life is on par if you iPhonetise' the Note 7 (set to FHD and limit background tasks).

Tons of great emulators

Tons of custom theme options

Flash support

None of the last several features above requiring jailbreak.

3.5 mm jack

Tons More codec support

Gear VR (iPhone Plus 1080p split in two for VR is not too good)

Not seeing how any gadget person not already vested in Apple not seeing the Note 7 as the better device.

This is the close to I can come to feigning incredulity :) ;)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen that problem. I have never lost signal in a good area,or any area where my note 7 got a signal for that matter. I don't have my note 7 anymore but I compared speeds from my iPhone 7 Plus and moto z play, and in some instances the iPhone did better,in others the Moto z play play.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161003/7adde8ef75f353beeddbf36d8e34de53.png
Link to discussion in iMore and they love apple there.
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=373935

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If already vested in the Apple ecosystem, I get why the Plus is the preferred device. Why not? Good device.

That said, for a true gadget geek or a person non vested in the ecosystem, the Note 7 has things in its favor.

Better camera overall

No ITunes dependence

File drag and drop

True OTG support

Integrated pen function.

Even battery life is on par if you iPhonetise' the Note 7 (set to FHD and limit background tasks).

Tons of great emulators

Flash support

3.5 mm jack

Tons More codec support

Not seeing how any gadget person not already vested in Apple not seeing the Note 7 as the better device.

Flash support? Since when?

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I ain't worried about it. If anything I still have the V20 to rely on. I've been liking everything I've read about it so far.

After the note 7 video about the spen and other features... I started to want the note 7 again... but starting to interested in the v20 again too...

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Better camera overall

No ITunes dependence

File drag and drop

True OTG support

Integrated pen function.

Tons of great emulators

Flash support

3.5 mm jack

Tons More codec support

Samsung Pay too FTW

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
During the N7 battery fiasco, I placed an order for a Jet Black Iphone 7 plus at my local target assuming I would never get one. Well, as luck would have it, they have one for me today. My replacement N7 return policy expires tomorrow and I'm a bit torn on what to do. I am definitely enjoying my N7. Battery is solid, lag and stutter are minimal compared to my original version. I invested in a wireless charger and Gear VR (which I have yet to fully explore). I'll lose on reselling those plus my $35 restock fee.

I'm a gadget guy so I will probably keep the phone for a bout a year. Like many, all of my friends and family use an iphone so there is some upside to imessage, iPhoto etc. Also, that sweet jet black is calling my name scratches or not.

Did anyone switch over during the exchange period? If so, how's the experience been? Would you make the change now if given the chance?
Let me put it this way. I returned my iPhone 7 plus for my new note 7. The iPhone has a major issue right now with static and popping noises from the processor everyone believes. You can hear it in a quiet room or in videos through the mic. So it was annoying and I returned it. On MacRumors there is over a 55 page topic of complaints on it and people returning them.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...rom-back-of-new-iphone-7-plus.1997077/page-55

I would keep you note.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It's your choice.

Personally, I'd say keep the Note, especially if you're the type who uses the S Pen often. If you don't and you're curious to know how the iPhone 7+ is like, then go for it. The 7+ is a very good phone that I'm sure people will be happy to use. Heck, someone on our mod team is using one now and he likes it.

Though I'd go with matte black, personally. Jet Black is one of those colors that look awesome in marketing renders but much less-so in the real world.

Frankly, it's a tough decision, since both phones are great.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Keep the note. Sounds like you're invested too much in it. And it'll probably be a hassle to return it and get the iPhone and then be disappointed with scratching, fingerprints and lack of customization on it.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Switching to the iBezel 7 plus would be like going back to 2013. You would lose a lot especially coming from the N7

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I would resell the jet black one... Huge profit margin.

But with regards to the phone itself, I returned the note 7 and don't plan on buying a new one. Really enjoying the iPhone 7 Plus. And this is coming from someone who has used every single note available on Verizon. The last two years, I returned the 6 plus and 6s Plus. This year, I saw no major compelling reason to return the iPhone 7 Plus. Because honestly I don't like where Samsung is going with the curved screen which makes it difficult to use tempered glass screen protector. Then add the telephoto lens on the iPhone 7 Plus... And portrait mode. Wow.

No phone is perfect by any means... But for me, the iPhone 7 Plus is the best fit at the moment. I can say that I do miss the speed of the Note 7 camera. Nothing touches it.

This is my experience as well. I have the Matte Black 7 Plus now and I am thinking of returning my Note 7. I am really enjoying the iPhone and iOS 10.

I would definitely sell the Jet Black one though. Too scratch prone.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
During the N7 battery fiasco, I placed an order for a Jet Black Iphone 7 plus at my local target assuming I would never get one. Well, as luck would have it, they have one for me today. My replacement N7 return policy expires tomorrow and I'm a bit torn on what to do. I am definitely enjoying my N7. Battery is solid, lag and stutter are minimal compared to my original version. I invested in a wireless charger and Gear VR (which I have yet to fully explore). I'll lose on reselling those plus my $35 restock fee.

I'm a gadget guy so I will probably keep the phone for a bout a year. Like many, all of my friends and family use an iphone so there is some upside to imessage, iPhoto etc. Also, that sweet jet black is calling my name scratches or not.

Did anyone switch over during the exchange period? If so, how's the experience been? Would you make the change now if given the chance?

My wife got one. The answer is H NO. Boooooring.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084