Opportunity to Swap for Jet Black Iphone 7 Plus What would you do?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
15 so far when u count posters whose spouses have same issue.

I think this seems to be a half and half thing. Some people have had poor signal and others, it has been normal. I don't understand this.

Just keep the jet black iPhone 7+. Try it for 2 days, and if you like it, resell it and get the Matte Black instead.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think this seems to be a half and half thing. Some people have had poor signal and others, it has been normal. I don't understand this.

Just keep the jet black iPhone 7+. Try it for 2 days, and if you like it, resell it and get the Matte Black instead.
I haven't replaced note 7 yet. Fortunately for my 7 plus wasn't available

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
As tempting as the 7+ is, I'm going to wait on the anniversary edition 8+, see what it offers and make a decision from there on Note 8. Keeping Note for now, not loyal to any brand.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The jet blacks seem to scratch easy. The Verizon models have some big connection drop issues. So the scratching issue aside, you can use a case, but the drop issues if your carrier is Verizon would give me pause as it is quite widespread. A fix should be coming sooner or later. Other carriers are also experiencing it to a lesser degree. Just be informed is all.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Apple for years and even though I kept my iPad, iPod and Apple Watch I don't see me returning anytime soon, I fell hard for the Note 7 and it just was not the same during the recall when I had to get the 7 Edge. Love the S-Pen for email and the wireless charging which Apple probably won't do till the Anniversary phone. But it is a personal decision for each of us - good luck no matter what you decide
I'm in the same boat, minus the iPod. The Note 7 is a beautiful phone.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Decided to snag a Pixel XL - 128 GB.
How do you feel about spending Apple prices on an Android phone with less features than say a Note 7 (which is every so slightly cheaper but more feature rich)? This is a genuine question...I am curious because in Android circles premium prices have been seen as anti-Android and anti-Google, yet here we are, Google launches their first phones and they are the exact same price as iPhone. I'm seriously conflicted and have difficulty justifying the price point, and this is coming from somebody who owns an iPhone 6s Plus 64GB and a Note 7, and who is considering picking up the iPhone 7 Plus instead of my 6s Plus.

The bonus is of course updates and security patches...but beyond that...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How do you feel about spending Apple prices on an Android phone with less features than say a Note 7 (which is every so slightly cheaper but more feature rich)? This is a genuine question...I am curious because in Android circles premium prices have been seen as anti-Android and anti-Google, yet here we are, Google launches their first phones and they are the exact same price as iPhone. I'm seriously conflicted and have difficulty justifying the price point, and this is coming from somebody who owns an iPhone 6s Plus 64GB and a Note 7, and who is considering picking up the iPhone 7 Plus instead of my 6s Plus.

The bonus is of course updates and security patches...but beyond that...

Doesn't bother me a bit. It is a nice phone from Google and I will be good. The Note 7 wasn't bad .. I loved it actually. I only returned it due to the recall fiasco. I still prefer Android to Apple so that automatically rules out iPhones. The Note 7 does have some extra features like S-Pen and whatnot but that doesn't instantly make it worth it to me as I have had many phones without.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I got the iPhone 7 plus during the recall but in matte black. The phone is nice and it operates smoothly. However because the os is locked down, you can forget about customization. I plan on getting a note 7 again because the workflow for me is so much better and apple has nothing that even comes close to s- note.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
If you're truly a tech guy you'll get both. lol. All kidding aside, I carry around a Note 7 (replacement should be arriving tomorrow) and a iPhone. It's dumb and a waste of money but I enjoy both ecosystems to the point where I can't do without either. Both phones are no where near perfect but having both of them compensates for each others faults. Yolo...

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I hear this all the time ugh ??

I always tease back that I'm " hotter " than they know
LOL, I like to joke about it as well and tease people about being careful with my Note when they handle it because it could blow up in their hands at any moment. :)

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
During the N7 battery fiasco, I placed an order for a Jet Black Iphone 7 plus at my local target assuming I would never get one. Well, as luck would have it, they have one for me today. My replacement N7 return policy expires tomorrow and I'm a bit torn on what to do. I am definitely enjoying my N7. Battery is solid, lag and stutter are minimal compared to my original version. I invested in a wireless charger and Gear VR (which I have yet to fully explore). I'll lose on reselling those plus my $35 restock fee.

I'm a gadget guy so I will probably keep the phone for a bout a year. Like many, all of my friends and family use an iphone so there is some upside to imessage, iPhoto etc. Also, that sweet jet black is calling my name scratches or not.

Did anyone switch over during the exchange period? If so, how's the experience been? Would you make the change now if given the chance?

Not an Apple girl, soooo, no.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Flash support
The iPhone has this also just like Android phones so. You just need a browser that supports it.

Sure many other things can be possible once jailbroken but once the phone is jailbroken, there are many more benefits over Android such as:

The ability to install Facebook++, Instagram++, NoPromosTwitter and UnderFace.

FaceBook++ allows you to download any FB video and change a lot of things in the FB app. Instagram++ allows you to download any photo or video posted just by double tapping the pic or video and/or tapping the download button.

NoPromosTwitter gets rid of all the sponsored garbage and the while you were away junk so all you see are tweets in the official Twitter app.

Also, you really do't need iTunes much these days.

Undertake allows you to use FaceBook without it showing you are actually online. When you use the website, it always show in minutes when you were last on. Underface keeps you offline even after you post something.

Anyways, because of the above, I find it hard to not use both, iPhones and Android. There are reasons I enjoy using both. You can so some of the above on Android with the help of other apps.

None of the Jailbreak mods matter right now since there is no JB for the iOS version that the iPhone 7 is running at the moment. I don't have a 7, just a 6S, 6S+ and a 6, all are jailbroken. No one can guarantee if there will be a JB for iOS 10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11