Problem with Nova Prime and TeslaUnread

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had Nova Prime and TeslaUnread on my Note 5 and now on the Note 7. I never had a problem until I got the replacement Note 7. Now, the "Unread Count Badges" option in Nova is constantly turning off. I'll turn it on, and it will be fine for about a half-day, but then it will turn itself off again. I tried uninstalling TeslaUnread and re-installing it, but it keeps turning itself off.

Any ideas why?

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I've had Nova Prime and TeslaUnread on my Note 5 and now on the Note 7. I never had a problem until I got the replacement Note 7. Now, the "Unread Count Badges" option in Nova is constantly turning off. I'll turn it on, and it will be fine for about a half-day, but then it will turn itself off again. I tried uninstalling TeslaUnread and re-installing it, but it keeps turning itself off.

Any ideas why?

Mine's always been like this on any phone I've had.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Any power-saving modes turned on?

I don't have any power-saving modes turned on, but am using "Doze". I turned it off to see if that helps.

I did find a post that found a solution, but it was for an earlier version of Android, and I can't seem to find App Optimization - here's what the poster indicated to do:

"Go to settings -> battery -> app optimization -> details -> Nova Launcher -> turned off for"

unfortunately, doesn't make much sense to me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
"Go to settings -> battery -> app optimization -> details -> Nova Launcher -> turned off for"

unfortunately, doesn't make much sense to me.

Battery optimization is Android's own power-saving feature. If battery optimization is turned on for an app, then I think the system is more likely to close it down if it hasn't been opened in the foreground for a while. So it's worth trying that suggestion.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Battery optimization is Android's own power-saving feature. If battery optimization is turned on for an app, then I think the system is more likely to close it down if it hasn't been opened in the foreground for a while. So it's worth trying that suggestion.

Well, I finally found it - I think Verizon put it in a different location. From settings, click "Battery Usage" - then from the menu, select "Optimize Battery Usage".

In my case all optimizations were off, so it doesn't help me.

What I indicated earlier was that I was using "Doze" - that term is confusing since the Doze that I was using was a stand-alone app in the PlayStore (I've uninstalled it now). Android is also using the term "doze" to mean battery optimizations.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I have Nova Prime, but not using for a while due to unread badge thing. Any other launchers have support for unread badge natively?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
See if ZenUI Launcher is supported. It's the stock launcher on ASUS Zenfones, and works pretty well in my experience. It supports unread badges, at least for certain apps.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, they got back to me REALLY quickly!

Here's what they indicated:

========================
Hello,
This is a known issue on Samsung devices and you can try this to see if it helps fix the issue.
There is a new feature added called "app optimization" under Settings -> Battery -> Detail and you need to set TeslaUnread to DO NOT OPTIMIZE
Once you have that set, it should work properly and stop turning itself off.
========================

I don't have this turned on, but I was using the stand-along app called DOZE - and that may have been doing it. I'll have to see if it's still a problem tomorrow.

thanks for all the help!

David Stopper

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

Any ideas why?
That's funny. My original note 7 was doing that. Now my Replacement note 7 does not.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I started a thread about this the other day. On my own, I maybe found a fix: I went into Tesla and made sure I switched all permissions on. That, or some magical combination of everything else I tried, seems to be working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome