10-07-2016 10:10 AM
55 123
tools
    Theyre telling me I have to do a FDR to fix this. What exactly did they do on your device to fix the update issue?
    10-05-2016 07:01 AM
    It's nice to have a buttery smooth note 7...my replacement has been my dream phone.....i get more stutters on my iPad pros now
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    10-05-2016 07:03 AM
    If you've seen any of the N7 lag videos that have been posted, there is no confusion at all. It's definitely lag and not animation when you type and get a very delayed response.
    I've been experiencing this issue with my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus for a long while now. I've done a factory reset which didn't fix the issue....
    10-05-2016 07:16 AM
    I've been experiencing this issue with my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus for a long while now. I've done a factory reset which didn't fix the issue....
    I don't know who your carrier is, but I read somewhere that an AT&T N7 user got support to remote into his phone and found software installation issues they were able to repair and return his N7 to no-lag operation. Maybe you might have luck using that approach with your carrier.
    10-05-2016 08:18 AM
    Thanks to all for your posts. Truly excited to get this phone!
    You will love the phone. It performs great and feels awesome in the hand. As well, it is a beautiful looking phone.
    10-05-2016 08:28 AM
    "I don't know who your carrier is, but I read somewhere that an AT&T N7 user got support to remote into his phone and found software installation issues they were able to repair and return his N7 to no-lag operation. Maybe you might have luck using that approach with your carrier."

Yea they wont do that. I just tried. They basically told me to do a FDR and that was it. Annoyed
    10-05-2016 08:47 AM
    If you've seen any of the N7 lag videos that have been posted, there is no confusion at all. It's definitely lag and not animation when you type and get a very delayed response.
    Those videos should be redone with updated models. But they won't...
    10-05-2016 09:05 AM
    "I don't know who your carrier is, but I read somewhere that an AT&T N7 user got support to remote into his phone and found software installation issues they were able to repair and return his N7 to no-lag operation. Maybe you might have luck using that approach with your carrier."

Yea they wont do that. I just tried. They basically told me to do a FDR and that was it. Annoyed
    Who is your carrier?
    10-05-2016 09:22 AM
    The only issue that I have had with the new note 7 is with the Oucules app, there was a major download and the app went into a bootloop, malfunction, causing my phone to overheat, and charging issues!...This issue was with Oucules, not Samsung, and has been fixed!
    I love my new note 7!
    10-05-2016 09:23 AM
    I don't know who your carrier is, but I read somewhere that an AT&T N7 user got support to remote into his phone and found software installation issues they were able to repair and return his N7 to no-lag operation. Maybe you might have luck using that approach with your carrier.
    Sorry for not mentioning it earlier, I'm with T-Mobile. To be honest, I've got used to it. I've had this phone for seven months now. I think I've got passed all the "new phone" worries.
    10-05-2016 10:20 AM
    The only issue that I have had with the new note 7 is with the Oucules app, there was a major download and the app went into a bootloop, malfunction, causing my phone to overheat, and charging issues!...This issue was with Oucules, not Samsung, and has been fixed!
    I love my new note 7!
    I'm glad you're enjoying your new note 7. I stopped by one of T-Mobile's corporate store earlier today, and the only Note 7 they had in stock was the blue. Unfortunately, I had to pass, I'm digging the midnight black!
    10-05-2016 10:22 AM
    Who is your carrier?
    ATT. Dont really want to do a FDR and re setup the whole phone again
    10-05-2016 11:51 AM
    The only thing I had lag issues with was the stock keyboard. I would recommend using a third party keyboard and message app. I've been using Fleksy and Textra and have had no issues.
    My keyboard stays on behind the black screen when i press the sleep button n when i press the home button to draw the pattern to log in the keyboard is still there...
    I have no lag whatsoever. When setup the new phone try to set it up as new rather than transferring our restoring from old devices
    10-05-2016 11:57 AM
    ATT. Dont really want to do a FDR and re setup the whole phone again
    I don't blame you.

I think you need to go higher up the food chain in your support call. They need to provide you with more assistance than just FDR your phone. If I could find the link to the post I mentioned, it might help you out telling them what to look for so they'll remote into your phone for you. I just don't recall where I read that now. (probably somewhere in this thread, knowing me!)

Edit: yep... right here in post #17. Check it out.
    10-05-2016 12:18 PM
    I got my replacement on the 21st Sept. I use mine heavily and it's been fantastic. It even tells me daily what can be out to zleep/closed and maximizes the running of the phone that way. Love it.
    10-05-2016 12:23 PM
    Why don't you go to a store and play with the device and see for yourself if it lags. Many users here have no issues with the device, but it all comes down to what you consider lag.
    My store only had a demo - not a fully functioning phone... :-(

However, my replacement is absolutely awesome! No lag here...
    al3azim likes this.
    10-05-2016 01:25 PM
    Details on this? Whats the webview process? Ive done everything I could ever think of and still getting bad lag
    It's part of the Samsung updates. One poster mentioned this in the forum, but can't recall who.
    10-05-2016 02:13 PM
    My store only had a demo - not a fully functioning phone... :-(

However, my replacement is absolutely awesome! No lag here...
    Glad you are enjoying yours. It is a great device even with all the bad press it got. Currently nothing out like it with what it has to offer.
    10-05-2016 03:14 PM
    So I may try to return this phone due to the lag and see if a new one is better. FDR not helping. Will samsung do an exchange for something like lag?
    10-06-2016 06:11 PM
    I got a taste of truly how fast this phone CAN be this morning. For about an hour it was perfect. Then it was back to stuttering and being super slow. Now that I know how amazing it is to use when running properly I want it to be like that for good.
    10-06-2016 06:19 PM
    Well I'm on my second N7 now and still don't experience any of these issues!
    10-06-2016 06:24 PM
    They will! Try again man - call 800 #, say customer service, phone not working to get to advanced tech support. They most definitely will remote into your phone. They've done it twice for me before they found the problem and fixed the issue. Android System WebView is what my support person forced an update on . Immediatley saw the fluidity come back and Android OS went down 10% in the battery usage graph. She mentioned the occulous thing too but it wasn't on my phone. Night and day, trust me. My ram now happily sits at 1.5gb instead of down in the 700s with nothing open in background. Also, go into play store and make sure all your apps have updatedd. Facebook is apparently killing memory pre-update. Good luck!
    10-06-2016 07:08 PM
    They will! Try again man - call 800 #, say customer service, phone not working to get to advanced tech support. They most definitely will remote into your phone. They've done it twice for me before they found the problem and fixed the issue. Android System WebView is what my support person forced an update on . Immediatley saw the fluidity come back and Android OS went down 10% in the battery usage graph. She mentioned the occulous thing too but it wasn't on my phone. Night and day, trust me. My ram now happily sits at 1.5gb instead of down in the 700s with nothing open in background. Also, go into play store and make sure all your apps have updatedd. Facebook is apparently killing memory pre-update. Good luck!
    Ill try again. Do you remember how they updated web view? Would prefer to do it myself
    10-06-2016 08:58 PM
    Just found web view in package disabler. Going to disable and see what happens
    10-06-2016 09:01 PM
    Do I even need this thing (web view)? I may just leave it off unless its absolutely necessary
    10-06-2016 09:20 PM
55 123