10-07-2016 10:10 AM
55 123
tools
    Can someone please tell me what webview actually does? Google is not very helpful. Ive had it deactivated since yesterday and I think it may have fixed my lag issues
    10-07-2016 07:21 AM
    It helps apps open web pages inside the app instead of opening external browser. You can definitely leave it disabled but you may see buggy issues with some apps. You can always turn it back on but id let the service ppl log in and try the update. Mine showed as up to date in play store but it was apparently not. Att doesn't care what's on your phone btw if you're nervous about letting them remote in. Hah. They don't make enough $ to care. Also, try enabling Force GPU Rendering in developer options. I dont have this checked on my phone but it'll make your phone a little quicker for image heavy apps and games with a little sacrifice of battery life. Like I mentioned earlier, after the WebView fix, I haven't needed to turn off animations or do anything else to keep it fast.
    10-07-2016 08:47 AM
    Checked the play Store mine recently updated says update improves speed
    10-07-2016 09:43 AM
    It helps apps open web pages inside the app instead of opening external browser. You can definitely leave it disabled but you may see buggy issues with some apps. You can always turn it back on but id let the service ppl log in and try the update. Mine showed as up to date in play store but it was apparently not. Att doesn't care what's on your phone btw if you're nervous about letting them remote in. Hah. They don't make enough $ to care. Also, try enabling Force GPU Rendering in developer options. I dont have this checked on my phone but it'll make your phone a little quicker for image heavy apps and games with a little sacrifice of battery life. Like I mentioned earlier, after the WebView fix, I haven't needed to turn off animations or do anything else to keep it fast.

Yea I dont feel like arguing with ATT to fix this issue. Whatever it was doing, it hasnt caused a single issue in 12 hours and ive used every app I ever use. Ill just leave it off. Just did force GPU rendering, thanks for that. With those two things done its def blazing fast. Hopefully it stays this way.
    10-07-2016 09:50 AM
    For lag issues try checking under device manager and then running services to see what is using ram and processor on your device.
    10-07-2016 10:10 AM
55 123