New to Samsung; is this Note 7 "lag" a real issue?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Am looking to order a Note 7 tomorrow (VZW) and have periodically found articles ands reviews that mention this deterioration in performance.

Is this simply something related to a change in settings or is is something bigger (and potentially more concerning) than that?

Thanks in advance.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you go to a store and play with the device and see for yourself if it lags. Many users here have no issues with the device, but it all comes down to what you consider lag.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
On my original Note 7, I did notice lag, on the new one I got, zero lag. T-Mobile released an update that I was able to install only on my new one. I'm not sure if that was meant to fix the lag issue but I haven't experience any lag on it.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I had lag issues with was the stock keyboard. I would recommend using a third party keyboard and message app. I've been using Fleksy and Textra and have had no issues.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: New to Samsung; is this Note 7 "lag" a real issue?

No it is not normal for the Note 7. I'm beginning to wonder on the intent of some posts. Especially the folks that had the Note 7 and complained and then apparently got a replacement and still complaining. Even though they had the greatest opportunity to bail via the recall.

Not adding up IMO in some cases. Why keep complaining? Return the device before too late :)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
No it is not normal for the Note 7. I'm beginning to wonder on the intent of some posts. Especially the folks that had the Note 7 and complained and then apparently got a replacement and still complaining. Even though they had the greatest opportunity to bail via the recall.

Not adding up IMO in some cases. Why keep complaining? Return the device before too late :)

Agree with this. Also quite a few who had so much hate and venom for Samsung, yet still purchased an almost $900 Note from them? Please... the hate is real sometimes lol

Last edited:

Ben Lester

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I wrote on another thread but At&t told me there were a couple issues they were aware of so they remotely logged into my phone and fixed it. One was an update to the web view part of android that kept failing behind the scenes and the other was the occulous/gear vr process *which i didn't have* that was over running the cpu. My phone as many other peoples were lagging and stuttering badly. Not just the normal Samsung skip every once in a while. After they reinstalled the web view process everything is 1000% smoother and snappy.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm still holding on to my first note. Going to see what this pixel XL Is about before I exchange and committ for good

Ben Lester

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I was equally annoyed with my phone - I was almost to the point of believing the phone was just that awful. Call up att Tech support and tell them to log into your phone to check updates that were pushed. Not too sure about the name but she said the web view something or other was hung up and didnt update. I was skeptical but my phone was immediately more responsive. Also, click on your batter usage button in settings where the graph is. My android system was at 27% and android os was 17%. That's what tipped her off that it was working too hard. She said the os should never be more than 12-14%. Apparently they've had a lot of issues with the system file updates failing.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
On my original Note 7, I did notice lag, on the new one I got, zero lag. T-Mobile released an update that I was able to install only on my new one. I'm not sure if that was meant to fix the lag issue but I haven't experience any lag on it.
Same here. OG N7 had some lag but replacement had zero.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had only 2 experiences with Samsung devices... a gold S7 Edge and the Note 7. Performance has been nearly flawless with each.

Someone in my family had a Note, Note 2, and Note 3. I noticed lags with each of those, but it was nothing more than normal for the smartphone market at the time, including Apple devices. The only devices running butter smooth then were my Nokia Lumias. Both iPhones and Notes have run smoother with subsequent iterations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles