New to Samsung; is this Note 7 "lag" a real issue?

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
My first and my replacement have both have been beast. not a hint of lag . Why I'm thinking some are confusing animation with lag

If you've seen any of the N7 lag videos that have been posted, there is no confusion at all. It's definitely lag and not animation when you type and get a very delayed response.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: New to Samsung; is this Note 7 "lag" a real issue?

It's nice to have a buttery smooth note 7...my replacement has been my dream phone.....i get more stutters on my iPad pros now

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
If you've seen any of the N7 lag videos that have been posted, there is no confusion at all. It's definitely lag and not animation when you type and get a very delayed response.

I've been experiencing this issue with my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus for a long while now. I've done a factory reset which didn't fix the issue....

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been experiencing this issue with my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus for a long while now. I've done a factory reset which didn't fix the issue....

I don't know who your carrier is, but I read somewhere that an AT&T N7 user got support to remote into his phone and found software installation issues they were able to repair and return his N7 to no-lag operation. Maybe you might have luck using that approach with your carrier.

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
"I don't know who your carrier is, but I read somewhere that an AT&T N7 user got support to remote into his phone and found software installation issues they were able to repair and return his N7 to no-lag operation. Maybe you might have luck using that approach with your carrier."

Yea they wont do that. I just tried. They basically told me to do a FDR and that was it. Annoyed

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
"I don't know who your carrier is, but I read somewhere that an AT&T N7 user got support to remote into his phone and found software installation issues they were able to repair and return his N7 to no-lag operation. Maybe you might have luck using that approach with your carrier."

Yea they wont do that. I just tried. They basically told me to do a FDR and that was it. Annoyed

Who is your carrier?

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
The only issue that I have had with the new note 7 is with the Oucules app, there was a major download and the app went into a bootloop, malfunction, causing my phone to overheat, and charging issues!...This issue was with Oucules, not Samsung, and has been fixed!
I love my new note 7!

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't know who your carrier is, but I read somewhere that an AT&T N7 user got support to remote into his phone and found software installation issues they were able to repair and return his N7 to no-lag operation. Maybe you might have luck using that approach with your carrier.

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier, I'm with T-Mobile. To be honest, I've got used to it. I've had this phone for seven months now. I think I've got passed all the "new phone" worries.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
The only issue that I have had with the new note 7 is with the Oucules app, there was a major download and the app went into a bootloop, malfunction, causing my phone to overheat, and charging issues!...This issue was with Oucules, not Samsung, and has been fixed!
I love my new note 7!

I'm glad you're enjoying your new note 7. I stopped by one of T-Mobile's corporate store earlier today, and the only Note 7 they had in stock was the blue. Unfortunately, I had to pass, I'm digging the midnight black!

Coolsubzerous

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I had lag issues with was the stock keyboard. I would recommend using a third party keyboard and message app. I've been using Fleksy and Textra and have had no issues.
My keyboard stays on behind the black screen when i press the sleep button n when i press the home button to draw the pattern to log in the keyboard is still there...
I have no lag whatsoever. When setup the new phone try to set it up as new rather than transferring our restoring from old devices

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
ATT. Dont really want to do a FDR and re setup the whole phone again

I don't blame you.

I think you need to go higher up the food chain in your support call. They need to provide you with more assistance than just FDR your phone. If I could find the link to the post I mentioned, it might help you out telling them what to look for so they'll remote into your phone for you. I just don't recall where I read that now. (probably somewhere in this thread, knowing me!)

Edit: yep... right here in post #17. Check it out.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I got my replacement on the 21st Sept. I use mine heavily and it's been fantastic. It even tells me daily what can be out to zleep/closed and maximizes the running of the phone that way. Love it.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you go to a store and play with the device and see for yourself if it lags. Many users here have no issues with the device, but it all comes down to what you consider lag.

My store only had a demo - not a fully functioning phone... :-(

However, my replacement is absolutely awesome! No lag here...