10-06-2016 04:42 AM
105 1234 ...
tools
    Since I am still in my return period for my second device, I was thinking about it. I am going to hold onto my Note 7. The Pixel XL
    • Cost more on contract than Note 7 (128GB XL is $419!)
    • Lacks a must have feature / less features thant Note 7
    • I am not a fan of the design

I am a huge fan of Google, but the announcements today left me wondering. What are they doing?
    • Pixel is not differentiated at all.
    • Google Home may be good, but it is way behind the Echo. Why can't it recognize voice and respond with the right Google account?
    • Wi-Fi pucks are complete meh
    • Allo is a disaster
    • Duo is good

They have a huge opportunity to push their ecosystem forward, but they are stumbling along. I hope they find their way soon.
    laestrella likes this.
    10-04-2016 02:19 PM
    Looks like the fat bezel iPhone from the front.
    Completely agree. Looks like an iPhone that was rejected from the factory. What exactly is going on with the back of that thing.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    10-04-2016 02:20 PM
    I was hoping google would come and show up with a great phone this year. Butin the looks department it looks like an iphone with android stock software. Still nothing or great. The only advantage I see is the snapdragon 821 this being the first phone with that chip. What are your thoughts? Still happy with my black Onyx note 7 oh and I do love the wallpaper that is in this picture. Anyone know where I can download drop a link.Note 7 vs Google Pixels - Staying with N7!-pixelcolors-1024x768.jpg
    wirelessgal likes this.
    10-04-2016 02:34 PM
    I highly doubt that is why -- Because then why not iPhone being top since they would generate ginormous traffic? Let's not jump to crazy conclusions with no facts to back it up .
    Agreed...but you have to admit, it's very interesting that the S7/E or Note 7 or HTC10 didn't show up on that chart...because marketing always trumps truth.

That's not a damning piece if evidence, but it helps establish character
    10-04-2016 02:37 PM
    Maybe it has wired hdmi capability?
    10-04-2016 02:39 PM
    Better build materials (IMO from a durability standpoint), software, security, few other this or that's but lacks S-Pen, wireless charging, water resistance, etc - lots of pros and cons to each and I consider it a bit of a preference based toss up. I think most could be perfectly happy with either. Wallpaper is from Google Earth, but it's not in the current Pixel Launcher choices.
    10-04-2016 02:42 PM
    If I was the person that kept a phone for a while I would get the Pixel. In things that matter FOR ME it doesn't make compromises and will have up-to-date software and security for a few years.

If you upgrade a lot then it's a lot more difficult decision.
    10-04-2016 02:47 PM
    If I was the person that kept a phone for a while I would get the Pixel. In things that matter FOR ME it doesn't make compromises and will have up-to-date software and security for a few years.

If you upgrade a lot then it's a lot more difficult decision.
    This! I agree totally
    10-04-2016 02:56 PM
    Agreed...but you have to admit, it's very interesting that the S7/E or Note 7 or HTC10 didn't show up on that chart...because marketing always trumps truth.

That's not a damning piece if evidence, but it helps establish character
    Interesting? Sure. Some crazy conspiracy theory? Nah.

Also what do you mean didn't show on the chart? It is on the chart and it is at the top so .. I don't get you point I guess?
    10-04-2016 03:02 PM
    nearly 1 out of every 2 phones in the US is an iPhone. That's Google's target.

And of those iPhone users, most have little to no clue about Android... what a 10 is... or an S7 Edge, etc. Google wants to market the phone to the masses, so they picked a phone that is almost 100% certain to be known to every one of those masses.
    slackerjack likes this.
    10-04-2016 03:07 PM
    Am I the only one who think that this new Pixel phones are fugly with an unbelievably huge bezels and uninspiring back design (well, really, design in general) and way overpriced?

I mean, I respect everyone's opinion and obviously this is pure opinions of my part, but man, I was waiting for Google to announce this so I could decide if I was going to buy it to accompany my Axon 7 (daily driver for the past month and really a Flagship device for just $400) and my S7 edge, but since I began seeing leaked images this weekend, I immediately discarded it and looked for a good deal on Swappa for a brand new sealed Blue Note 7 and I'm waiting for this Thursday to arrive.
    10-04-2016 03:12 PM
    Am I the only one that think that this new Pixel phones are fugly with an unbelievably huge bezels and uninspiring back design (well, really, design in general) and way over prized?
    I think you nailed it. The design in uninspired and the price is way to high. I wanted to be excited by them, and the hype was starting to get to me, then I looked at the details and photos. The Note 7 will take me deep into next year at a minimum now.
    10-04-2016 03:20 PM
    No wireless charging, no Samsung Pay, and not water resistance...no way I'm leaving my N7...but I bet it will have better tempered glass screen protectors
    10-04-2016 03:30 PM

I am a huge fan of Google, but the announcements today left me wondering. What are they doing?
    • Pixel is not differentiated at all.
    • Google Home may be good, but it is way behind the Echo. Why can't it recognize voice and respond with the right Google account?
    • Wi-Fi pucks are complete meh
    • Allo is a disaster
    • Duo is good

They have a huge opportunity to push their ecosystem forward, but they are stumbling along. I hope they find their way soon.
    My sentiments exactly. I'm very lost with what they are trying to accomplish. They are going after the Echo and trying to compete with the iPhone but they are all over the place and not offering something significantly different right now. It's all about the future. I don't care about that.

If Google is the king of search they need to start with what's on my darn phone for instance before trying to conquer the internet. Why is it that Apple's spotlight can do a better job of searching within the apps on my phone than Google? They need a better game plan in my opinion.
    SteelGator likes this.
    10-04-2016 03:30 PM
    I want to like my N7 but I am experiencing poor battery performance/battery drain. Thought maybe the Pixel would have a good battery life as well but from what I ready, only 7 hours??

Will continue to use my N7 for the 14 days return policy and will decide afterwards. Might just go back to my trusty iphone 6s plus..
    10-04-2016 03:36 PM
    Note 7 is a better deal. Note 7 has more features for around the same price or less. Also, better resale value with Samsung. Pixel phones more than likely won't catch on considering it isn't sold by all carriers.

Also, the design looks REALLY basic. I'm thinking Huawei would have done a better job with the design.
    10-04-2016 03:41 PM
    I appreciate why some do not care about storage, but I will take my 192 more GB, bigger display, pen, Gear VR BE and better camera over the cloud bait known as Pixel.
    10-04-2016 03:56 PM
    That huge bezel they lost me. Too much like an Iphone. No phone compares the the Note 7 still.
    10-04-2016 03:56 PM
    Google needs to go back to the drawing board with these Pixels; so underwhelming to the point of disappointing.
    10-04-2016 06:01 PM
    That huge bezel they lost me. Too much like an Iphone. No phone compares the the Note 7 still.
    They look like twins

Note 7 vs Google Pixels - Staying with N7!-1.jpg
    LegalAmerican and soldier45 like this.
    10-04-2016 06:11 PM
    Note7 has it beat in everything except for speed. The pixel is just stock android, so of course it'll be faster but barely. The thing is hideous. The back has two different finishes and a white front? Really? And then the huge bezels. I could never leave a jewel (note7) for a toy. I think Google flopped with this one.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    10-04-2016 07:10 PM
    Highest dxomark camera which is interesting.

Verizon exclusive makes it a fail.
    1 point higher....who would notice lol and it doesn't have ois.....
    10-04-2016 07:16 PM
    Cost more than note with a contract lost me there too... price point and what they offering vs what other offer lost me... while the hardware sound solid the price does not...
    10-04-2016 07:19 PM
    10-04-2016 07:25 PM
    Note7 has it beat in everything except for speed. The pixel is just stock android, so of course it'll be faster but barely. The thing is hideous. The back has two different finishes and a white front? Really? And then the huge bezels. I could never leave a jewel (note7) for a toy. I think Google flopped with this one.
    Think we watched two different rollouts. What do you think that their goal today was?
    libra89 likes this.
    10-04-2016 07:34 PM
105 1234 ...