Note 7 vs Google Pixels - Staying with N7!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
This just leaked from VZW. The new Pixels will even be available in blue!

I am a long-time Nexus fan, but for me, there's not enough compelling draw to move to these Pixels, even given the drama with the N7. Sure, you'll get quicker updates from Google, I loved that about my previous Nexus phones. But, there are so many features on the N7 that I really love that just aren't there on the Pixels. These features are far more valuable to me than getting quicker updates.

Even the "curb appeal" (as they say in real estate) of the Pixels just isn't there for me. The design of the N7, IMO, is hands-down so far superior to the Pixels. I'd say that they look like iPhones with those oversized top/bottom bezels, but without that equally oversized Apple home button. In fact, they look hopelessly generic.

For me, these Google phones are a swing-and-a-miss. When I was in the middle of the N7 drama I was hoping that I might be able to bail and just move over to a Pixel. Ain't happening.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the extra storage and the 7% bigger display of the Note 7. Now, IF the "V30" keeps the replaceable battery and adds an LED display instead of the current power sucker they are using with the V20, then might consider the V30 :)

Then again, if the Note 8 has the 4K mode for VR content as rumored- probably staying with Note. presuming it keeps micro sd of course :)

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The pixel just seems and looks boring. I too was a nexus fan when days of root were king, but now it seems like Google is just adding features that have been available for sometime for other android manufacturers. Can't believe that all this time android hasn't had a clear all button for apps running in background.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not me. My Note 7 has been returned since the 10th of Sept. Waiting on the Pixel XL or the V20 before I decide on one to be my main driver :).

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Cool that it comes in my fav color blue but to me it just looks ugly and not interesting to me. To me Samsung phones (definitely my blue coral note7) look way better. Heck I'm no iphone fan but even the iphones look better. Just saying.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have owned every Nexus in the past.. when many mfg's were competing for market share with unique features and one-upping each other on specs each cycle.. but that game is over now, and Samsung smashed the competition. Not even Apple can compete anymore.

No more HTC.. no more Nexus.. no more LG.. no more slings, no more weapons, no more systems, NO MORE.. SUPER POWERS

It's all Samsung for me.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
To keep it simple, staying with Note 7. I've never been a stock android person, almost to stock if that makes sense. lol

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Pixel XL 128gb edition is 869.99. I look forward to the arguments that the price is justified versus the Note 7.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have always loved my Nexus devices but once they started raising the price, I moved away from them. I wouldn't mind the higher price tag if they were packed with features but for plain vanilla Android, I'm not spending that kind of money

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Right now I'm leaning to the Note7 still or the V20 especially after why I thought I could use a removable microsd for backup if the memory on the system get mess up it on the microsd granted this could be fix by using OTG with usb.. but that a hassle and also the price point of it. Almost the same price as the Note7 for just more memory but lack of other hardware and software feature since I will be eyeing the 128 model... if it was like 100-200 less then I highly consider it.

Either way I have to see if the V20 or pixel is on sprint... also waiting on another promo from samsung =D

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Pixel phone was very underwhelming. Plus the price doesn't seem justified.

Good luck to Google selling them. But I'm sure die hard fans of Nexus may get it.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm not a die hard nexus fan and got it :D.

Well hopefully it doesn't go boom like the Note 7 and iPhone.

But with jokes aside, I guess we will have to wait and see when it comes out. Hands on is always the best way to test drive.

Just the phone doesn't really seem to have any wow factors besides the unlimited cloud space.

Last edited:

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't do much that the Note doesn't already...and I happen to prefer the design of the Note 7 and the VR headset by a country mile. I don't want someones sweaty soft fabric shirt on my face....at all

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Google approaches DXO with a device and promises more add traffic...and amazingly...they manage to beat out a camera designed in 2015 by one point ...even the review points out where there are cases that it cant beat "other flagships.". I'm dubious on those results :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't do much that the Note doesn't already...and I happen to prefer the design of the Note 7 and the VR headset by a country mile. I don't want someones sweaty soft fabric shirt on my face....at all

I tried VR with my S7 Edge -- cool and all but I never used it again after that. I don't game on VR or anything and if I really wanted to I would just get it for my PC since that will blow a phone out of the water.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Google approaches DXO with a device and promises more add traffic...and amazingly...they manage to beat out a camera designed in 2015 by one point ...even the review points out where there are cases that it cant beat "other flagships.". I'm dubious on those results :)

I highly doubt that is why -- Because then why not iPhone being top since they would generate ginormous traffic? Let's not jump to crazy conclusions with no facts to back it up :D.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois