I don't know if this is a Samsung Note issue or not, but since I received my replacement Note, I have one contact that I just cannot receive any messages from. He sees mine and responds, but I see nothing in return. I have even held his phone in my hand and sent myself a message and nothing ever shows up.

This became especially acute last week when his 3 year old son, my grandson, drowned and we had to plan a funeral and all the arrangements associated with that.

Anyway, the last message I have received from him was almost a month ago, just before the replacement phone switch.

His phone is an Iphone 6s. The messages are not being sent via Imessage.

I am using Verizon Messages on my Note 7. I cannot find anywhere that I have him blocked and his contact looks fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to look or what might be happening? I am kind of lost on which direction to go on this one.
    10-04-2016 10:46 AM
    try deleting his contact and saving it again or u might have blocked him try browsing youtube
    10-04-2016 11:54 AM
    Did you try using another sms app? (Like the default one or Textra)
    10-04-2016 12:11 PM
    My parents have iphones as well...I had them turn OFF their iMessage, send me a text, and then turn the iMessage on again. and I made sure they did not have my number under "iPhone" in their contacts, and the texts started coming through. Hopefully this works!

So very sad for you about your grandson, too. Hugs.

Edit...I just reread your post, they do not have iMessage on at all? If not, then I don't know. If so, even if they are not sending YOU messages through iMessage, have them turn it off completely and send you a text.
    10-04-2016 12:30 PM
    I don't know if this is a Samsung Note issue or not, but since I received my replacement Note, I have one contact that I just cannot receive any messages from. He sees mine and responds, but I see nothing in return. I have even held his phone in my hand and sent myself a message and nothing ever shows up.

This became especially acute last week when his 3 year old son, my grandson, drowned and we had to plan a funeral and all the arrangements associated with that.

Anyway, the last message I have received from him was almost a month ago, just before the replacement phone switch.

His phone is an Iphone 6s. The messages are not being sent via Imessage.

I am using Verizon Messages on my Note 7. I cannot find anywhere that I have him blocked and his contact looks fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to look or what might be happening? I am kind of lost on which direction to go on this one.
    I'm so sorry for your loss... those are the kind of situations and tragedies that hurt the most so I hope you and yours can recover soon.

Related to the messages itself, well, you are already discarding what it's the most obvious cause of this and is the iMessage issue, and him having an iPhone makes it the more possible theory. So where you using the iPhone before? reading your answers it seems that you already have done your due diligence and know about it, but try to redo your steps and try to unregister again from iMessage with the tools already provided by them, try to ask him to delete any old message thread he may have with you and you do the same, and then try again, if nothing seems to work, try asking Verizon for help, I really have doubts that they may be of any help but, I may be wrong. Good luck.
    10-04-2016 03:23 PM
    I appreciate the condolences.

On the imessage issue. I have not used an Iphone in several years and have been unregistered on it since. I am the only one in the family not on an iphone and I receive messages just fine from all the other iphone users, so I seriously doubt it is that. Besides, it had been working from him until just before I switched phones.

I have not tried another app, but will try that when I can.

I did delete his contact info, but so far no luck.

I really don't want to have to factory reset, but will if absolutely necessary.

Strangeness abounds.
    10-04-2016 03:30 PM
    With my mom, she does get my text messages but if I text her a picture she do not get it. I tried sending the image to other contacts and they get it just fine. My mom tried as well with other people without any issues, it just seems to be between us, both devices are Android so not sure what the issue is. May have to try having both of us delete our conversation and start fresh.
    10-04-2016 04:36 PM