Hi all

Bought my Note 7 right after they went back on sale from Verizon & got a Gear VR from the Samsung promotions. The Gear VR arrived tonight and I cannot get the Gear VR software to install at all! Read and re-read the instructions that the software is supposed to auto-magically start installing once connected. I never got the audible tone when I connect the Note 7 and Gear VR, no matter how I fiddle with the connectors, put it on and off, etc.

I don't want to have to completely wipe my phone and do a factory reset, just to get this thing to work.

Any suggestions?
    10-04-2016 08:14 PM
    Did you disable any programs or services before trying to install Gear VR? I had a very hard time installing it on my note 5, only to find out that it required Facebook to be enabled (not necessarily signed in or used, but not disabled). Once I re-enabled facebook, it installed just fine.

Oculus (the engine behind the Gear VR), is owned by FB.
    10-04-2016 08:44 PM
    I have a handful of apps disabled, but none related to Facebook (which I use regularly). May as well re-enable everything and see what happens.
    10-04-2016 08:58 PM
    Nada. Still don't get an audible tone when connecting, much less anything else! Augh, so terribly frustrating!
    10-04-2016 09:09 PM
    I initially had a problem trying to install the app from the Galaxy app store. So then I tried installing from the Google store and it worked fine. It also asked to install Samsung connection services, I don't remember the exact name. Then I had to setup an Oculus account and install the Oculus software.

Edit: I don't use Facebook or have a Facebook account.
    10-04-2016 09:09 PM
    I initially had issues where the Oculus app wouldn't update. Found this and got it working pretty quickly.

https://m.reddit.com/r/GearVR/commen...le_to_install/
    10-04-2016 09:48 PM
    Thanks for that.

I'm starting to think that I have a bad Gear VR. I used Nova Launcher to find the Gear VR Setup Stub and manually ran it, so I was able to pull down and install everything. But what still isn't recognized is actually connecting the Gear VR to my phone. Manual says there's supposed to be an audible tone from my phone when they connect, but I still get nothing, which leads me to believe it's the Gear VR, not my phone?

Thoughts?
    10-05-2016 08:06 AM
    Try doing a reset to your Gear. I found instructions saying to factory reset, but I just did a light reset (I think it was called) via the settings menu on the Gear. It worked for me. good luck
    10-05-2016 08:58 AM
    I REAAAAALLLY want to see an answer to this. I have the N7, got my VR yesterday and initially it hooked up fine (tone, installed apps, etc). However, it has not once connected since then. I have uninstalled Oculus, reinstalled, done a soft reset on my phone.....nothing is working. Occasionally I will get a black screen with a little white 'x' in the corner but it never goes beyond that and every time it clears back out to my home screen. SO FRUSTRATING!
    10-05-2016 09:14 AM
    I've received an email from Samsung saying that I need to call them once my Vr sets come in, if I have a different phone than what I had when I signed up for the freebies on there promo site. I did a loaner s7 edge to get my vr set so now I have my note 7 back. Samsung stated they need your current imei # to download the app. Could this be similar to your issues? Just thought I'd throw that in there.
    10-05-2016 10:47 AM
    10-05-2016 10:51 AM