My S pen is stuck inside phone once again. Same thing happened with my note 5 S pen, I had to get 2 replacement pens for the note 5, then the last few months of owning the N5 my pen was stuck again 3rd time) so I gave up on using it. The spring clicking eject design is crap and was carried over to the Note 7. I had high hopes the N7 Spen was designed a little different internally, now I see it was not.

I had a feeling my S pen with going to do this by the way it was acting on last use. It wasn't clicking consistently before I placed it back in phone.

I will get the S pen out, I have to bang the phone on my palm and fiddle with pen for about 5 minutes and I usually get lucky retreving pen, I have plenty of practice from the Note 5 method. Only problem is, that method Is not very practical for daily use lol.

Anyone else fight with this pen design?? I love the phone, S pen not so much, it sucks. I wish there was a better aftermarket solution to the s pen. I want the old school non clicking PDA style.

I even tried graphite powder on my N5 S pen and it still malfunctioned. I heard it was/is common issue with N5.
    10-05-2016 01:37 AM
    "Stuck Note 7 S pen" nets a fair amount of complaints on Google and videos.

Very sad it is indeed. I had it happen enough with N5, I wish this spen issues arose before I got my recall replacement device , it would have made my replacement device decision much easier.
    10-05-2016 01:51 AM
    Sorry to hear that. It was a pretty flawless design in the Note 4/Edge.
    10-05-2016 04:57 AM
    Fortunately I am not having this problem. Sorry to hear you are having issues with the S Pen.
    10-05-2016 09:31 AM
    I'm not having this problem buy my S-Pen clicker is pretty loose feeling.
    I called Samsung and the only way they will send me a new/replacement S-Pen is for me to mail this one back first and wait an eternity for them to send me a new one. WTF is up with that.
    10-05-2016 10:17 AM
    Did you put it in backwards?
    Carlo Villa and Jona005 like this.
    10-05-2016 10:20 AM
    Mine is fine, both on the original and my replacement. Kept the original S-pen when I did the exchange so I have two good ones, luckily it seems.
    10-05-2016 10:25 AM
    My first Note 7 had this EXACT problem and it would really make me angry. Luckily, my new one with the replacement has such a crisp click and I haven't had the problem once. It's definitely hit or miss on these pens for whatever reason.
    10-05-2016 10:27 AM
    My first Note 7 had this EXACT problem and it would really make me angry. Luckily, my new one with the replacement has such a crisp click and I haven't had the problem once. It's definitely hit or miss on these pens for whatever reason.
    This! My first note 7 had this problem (black onyx) my replacement is working flawlessly. (black onyx)
    10-05-2016 10:42 AM
    If you can get the s-pen out you may try using small bit of graphite powder to help it operate freely. (it's a dry lubricant that's commonly used in locks and does not attract dirt) don't use allot and try not the get it in any of the ports (Caution - Graphite is conductive)

I did like the s-pen in the Note Edge.

Cheers,
    BR
    10-05-2016 11:00 AM
    I had this issue with my recalled N7 but I think it happened because I got sand in it? It started happening after a trip to the beach. *Knock on wood* So far I have not had any issues with the SPen on the safe N7. I would have to get something sharp like a flattened staple and fork it out.
    10-05-2016 11:26 AM
    In both cases, the original and the replacement note, the s-pen work perfectly. Lucky I guess!
    10-05-2016 11:26 AM
    If you can get the s-pen out you may try using small bit of graphite powder to help it operate freely. (it's a dry lubricant that's commonly used in locks and does not attract dirt) don't use allot and try not the get it in any of the ports (Caution - Graphite is conductive)

I did like the s-pen in the Note Edge.

Cheers,
    BR
    Ya I mentioned the use of graphite powder in OP. I think after they start going bad their is no hope .

I know it not a perfect world but considering the last note 5 S pen non release issues for a percentage of folks,. now the N7 and for a near 1k price tag, there shouldn't be a semi common issue with the pens. Plain ol lazy of Samsung to not redesign pen on this phone release.

On a positive, I do love the phone ,
    10-05-2016 08:21 PM
    Ya I mentioned the use of graphite powder in OP. I think after they start going bad their is no hope .

I know it not a perfect world but considering the last note 5 S pen non release issues for a percentage of folks,. now the N7 and for a near 1k price tag, there shouldn't be a semi common issue with the pens. Plain ol lazy of Samsung to not redesign pen on this phone release.

On a positive, I do love the phone ,
    You did at that, Somehow i missed it. Awesome phone and I really like as well.

Cheers,
    BR
    10-06-2016 07:00 AM
    Mine started acting like it wanted to get stuck as well. I noticed the pen clicks a little different than it used too. Is it the pen that's the problem or the slot that it slides in to?
    10-06-2016 07:26 AM
    Twice now mine has not wanted to come out...like it's stuck. I've been able to get it out but it does have me a little concerned. I think both times my screen may have been off when it happened.

I didn't know this so sorry if I'm sharing something commonly known...but if you click the pen before inserting it it goes into its slot much easier/smoother (IMO anyway). I have mine set to vibrate on inserting and removing so I know it's definitely in place (in case you were wondering if it might fall back out).
    10-06-2016 07:46 AM