Verizon fast car charger

2asdavis

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else had problems with Verizon fast car charger? My replacement note 7 charges fine with fast samsung wall charger but will not charge with car charger. Sometimes it will start charging for about 3 seconds then stop.

dant1127

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Verizon has 2 or 3 VZW labeled USB-C car/home chargers. I'm not sure why, exactly, but it may be worth a visit to exchange for a different SKU. There are red tipped chargers and I think 2 SKUs for black tipped.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Verizon fast wall charger and fast car charger, both work phenomenal. These are the more expensive "Red Tip" versions.
I've heard about problems with the cheaper black tip models though.

2asdavis

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the red tipped one it worked great until yesterday afternoon then stopped. The charger has no damage and is still basically brand new

2asdavis

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok I might have figured something out I flipped the type c end over and plugged it in the other way and it started charging fine. That is weird because its supposed to work plugged in either way

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok I might have figured something out I flipped the type c end over and plugged it in the other way and it started charging fine. That is weird because its supposed to work plugged in either way

Maybe you should exchange it at Verizon. Mine works fine no matter which way it's plugged in. These are the ones I have.

vchargers.jpg