10-08-2016 11:00 PM
693 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Has it occurred to anyone that maybe this was just a one off? Everything is being scrutinized right now with the phones, but there doesn't seem to be many reports of these issues since the recall. Also, why do people keep saying it's banned on flights. They haven't done that (yet?) but really it's a bit of a misinformation to keep saying when it actually hasn't happened. I travel a lot too so when I read that, I keep thinking something was announced about it being banned on flights.

Whatever happens, this doesn't scare me off Samsung by any means and I will continue to buy their products. I hope it is sorted out quickly.
    jimd1050, kabeeo, Jona005 and 8 others like this.
    10-05-2016 11:40 PM
    Has it occurred to anyone that maybe this was just a one off? Everything is being scrutinized right now with the phones, but there doesn't seem to be many reports of these issues since the recall. Also, why do people keep saying it's banned on flights. They haven't done that (yet?) but really it's a bit of a misinformation to keep saying when it actually hasn't happened. I travel a lot too so when I read that, I keep thinking something was announced about it being banned on flights.

Whatever happens, this doesn't scare me off Samsung by any means and I will continue to buy their products. I hope it is sorted out quickly.
    THANK YOU! I wish everyone would just relax until the CPSC and Samsung finish their investigation of this incident and make an official statement. I was just getting comfortable with my replacement, dammit!
    Jona005, French, treedabl and 5 others like this.
    10-05-2016 11:44 PM
    THANK YOU! I wish everyone would just relax until the CPSC and Samsung finish their investigation of this incident and make an official statement. I was just getting comfortable with my replacement, dammit!
    Yeah, I'm waiting for more info, but right now, I'm kinda concerned.

Still makes me upset that some people are jumping to conclusions, though.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-05-2016 11:57 PM
    It's a shame.....but Samsung has a bullseye painted on them now....and the Note 7 is branded regardless.......the truth will come out in time, but I'm not too sure that I would put much stock in anything Samsung says at the moment either......they are a huge company......and, truth be told, the ONLY thing they are concerned about is the financial hit they will take, both directly through lawsuits, and their tarnished reputation.....

Sent from mTalk
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-06-2016 12:27 AM
    Yeah, I'm waiting for more info, but right now, I'm kinda concerned.

Still makes me upset that some people are jumping to conclusions, though.
    my friend was told to turn off his "Note 7" on a United flight from BOS to SFO. Apparently both flight attendants thought his iPhone 7 Plus was a "Note 7" from Samsung. He was not amused when he was told the same thin on the flight from LAX back to BOS.
    Averix likes this.
    10-06-2016 12:45 AM
    my friend was told to turn off his "Note 7" on a United flight from BOS to SFO. Apparently both flight attendants thought his iPhone 7 Plus was a "Note 7" from Samsung. He was not amused when he was told the same thin on the flight from LAX back to BOS.
    Wouldn't the word "iPhone" at the back tick them off?

Guess that also proves my point that the average Joe can't discern a Note 7 from another phone.
    Jona005 and jimd1050 like this.
    10-06-2016 01:15 AM
    Will be interesting to hear what Samsung has to say once they get their hands on it and look into what happened. I'd be surprised if it was another large scale battery issue only because the CPSC stated that the replacement Note 7's were fine. I would think they would do thorough testing before marking it as safe and allowing Samsung to proceed with exchanges. May just be a rare incident but it doesn't just affect Samsung, google "iPhone catches on fire". An iPhone 6 caught on fire during a flight back in March but I don't recall hearing anything about it.
    Apparently you did hear about it.
    10-06-2016 01:23 AM
    Samsung is lucky Apple isn't running ads all over the place about the Samsungs burning up. That would really damage Samsung. Probably irreperably. Samsung couldn't create a commercial without the centerpiece being ridiculing Apple. Samsung is lucky that Apple has always taken the high road. Because they could really destroy Samsung right now. Samsung was humiliated enough when they were ordered to write a check for millions after Apple sued them for copying the iPhone. Apple could have buried Samsung after that via ads. But they chose not to. Same holds true today. Samsung is fortunate that Apple obviously has never been interested in Samsung the way Samsung has always been obsessed with Apple. That's Samsung's saving grace.
    10-06-2016 01:34 AM
    Interesting thoughts regarding this issue. If in fact the circuit design or hardware is the issue then we are all screwed ... could it be that his phone was from the old batch which accidentally was placed in a replacement phone box ? I doubt.. I am starting to feel the issue was never resolved because China had explosions too on new ones. Sucks. Weird thing is used mine on a 6.5 hours flight on Tuesday:/
    10-06-2016 01:40 AM
    Interesting thoughts regarding this issue. If in fact the circuit design or hardware is the issue then we are all screwed ... could it be that his phone was from the old batch which accidentally was placed in a replacement phone box ? I doubt.. I am starting to feel the issue was never resolved because China had explosions too on new ones. Sucks. Weird thing is used mine on a 6.5 hours flight on Tuesday:/
    Could static electricity play a role in this?
    10-06-2016 01:57 AM
    That's what Apple fans do always suggest someone to buy it,always say how it beautiful,etc...
    10-06-2016 02:13 AM
    that would be even worse that a self-combusting battery in the Note 7.

static electricity is everywhere, especially with fall/winter season coming.
    10-06-2016 02:14 AM
    This may be a isolated case, but it will still damage Samsung reputation concerning this is a replacement.
    10-06-2016 02:28 AM
    oh boy.
    Yeah, i know. I feel sorry for Samsung. They are having some seriously rotten luck with this Note 7. I don't think it hurt sales that much, but certainly hurt it. Especially when people are paying a premium for the device.
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-06-2016 03:55 AM
    If that's the case, Samsung is done. I'd think we would see 1000s of cases by now.
    10-06-2016 04:32 AM
    How are we supposed to believe it in fact was a replacement N7? The article mentions a photo of a box with the black square on it indicating a replacement but that's not proof. I smell a rat. Especially with the multiple comments about buying an i Phone 7.
    Absolutely agree. Why would that person even have a picture of their box or have it so quick to provide to the media.
    10-06-2016 05:10 AM
    This is ridiculous. They are batteries. Some times they have issues. iPhones have the problem all the time. I can't take it anymore. Love my N7. Keeping it forever.
    10-06-2016 05:14 AM
    Have one of the news channels playing in the background right now for the last hour. They have mentioned the Louisville story 3 times already.
    Avg consumer will only remember Samsung & 7 something. Tech people will obviously know the difference, but would have to think this is going to compound the negative across the board for all 7 series Samsung devices. Then add the misinformation the avg sales person throws in at the stores.
    chriskwarren, dstrauss and Weils like this.
    10-06-2016 05:22 AM
    Yeah, i know. I feel sorry for Samsung. They are having some seriously rotten luck with this Note 7. I don't think it hurt sales that much, but certainly hurt it. Especially when people are paying a premium for the device.
    How can it be? It will hurt their sales real bad
    10-06-2016 05:24 AM
    I haven't seen the pic of the box but I'm wondering if it was a V2 kit or one of the other ones with just the black box and no V2 in the name.
    10-06-2016 05:31 AM
    This is ridiculous. They are batteries. Some times they have issues. iPhones have the problem all the time. I can't take it anymore. Love my N7. Keeping it forever.
    I agree I am still planning to get a note 7 this whole story doesn't add up
    10-06-2016 05:59 AM
    Of course they wouldn't. That's why the assertion that they themselves admitted rushing their product is insane beyond words.
    You missed my point. If internal employees have said that it was rushed, that's evidence it was. For those wanting the company to officially corroborate that, they won't. It doesn't mean that the phone wasn't rushed to get past delays. My company has rushed things out too, all the employees involved know, the company itself will never admit that, does not mean it isn't true.
    10-06-2016 06:03 AM
    iPhones never had a government sanctioned recall. If it was any other phone or batter powered device, I would agree with you if it was a one off. There is a pattern with this device.
    10-06-2016 06:06 AM
    You missed my point. If internal employees have said that it was rushed, that's evidence it was. For those wanting the company to officially corroborate that, they won't. It doesn't mean that the phone wasn't rushed to get past delays. My company has rushed things out too, all the employees involved know, the company itself will never admit that, does not mean it isn't true.
    No I got the point. For me, anonymous employee stories need to be verified through an investigation. Our don't just blindly believe what I read on the Internet just because it makes a good narrative.
    mmsean likes this.
    10-06-2016 06:12 AM
    Normally impacts gas/vapor or dust (saw dust or cornmeal meal can cause explosions if enough air particles contained in an area).
    10-06-2016 06:13 AM
693 ... 89101112 ...