Replacement Note 7 explodes.... on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
How are we supposed to believe it in fact was a replacement N7? The article mentions a photo of a box with the black square on it indicating a replacement but that's not proof. I smell a rat. Especially with the multiple comments about buying an i Phone 7.
Absolutely agree. Why would that person even have a picture of their box or have it so quick to provide to the media.

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
This is ridiculous. They are batteries. Some times they have issues. iPhones have the problem all the time. I can't take it anymore. Love my N7. Keeping it forever.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Have one of the news channels playing in the background right now for the last hour. They have mentioned the Louisville story 3 times already.
Avg consumer will only remember Samsung & 7 something. Tech people will obviously know the difference, but would have to think this is going to compound the negative across the board for all 7 series Samsung devices. Then add the misinformation the avg sales person throws in at the stores. :mad:

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, i know. I feel sorry for Samsung. They are having some seriously rotten luck with this Note 7. I don't think it hurt sales that much, but certainly hurt it. Especially when people are paying a premium for the device.

How can it be? It will hurt their sales real bad

daiwolf

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
This is ridiculous. They are batteries. Some times they have issues. iPhones have the problem all the time. I can't take it anymore. Love my N7. Keeping it forever.

I agree I am still planning to get a note 7 this whole story doesn't add up

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Of course they wouldn't. That's why the assertion that they themselves admitted rushing their product is insane beyond words.

You missed my point. If internal employees have said that it was rushed, that's evidence it was. For those wanting the company to officially corroborate that, they won't. It doesn't mean that the phone wasn't rushed to get past delays. My company has rushed things out too, all the employees involved know, the company itself will never admit that, does not mean it isn't true.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

iPhones never had a government sanctioned recall. If it was any other phone or batter powered device, I would agree with you if it was a one off. There is a pattern with this device.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
You missed my point. If internal employees have said that it was rushed, that's evidence it was. For those wanting the company to officially corroborate that, they won't. It doesn't mean that the phone wasn't rushed to get past delays. My company has rushed things out too, all the employees involved know, the company itself will never admit that, does not mean it isn't true.

No I got the point. For me, anonymous employee stories need to be verified through an investigation. Our don't just blindly believe what I read on the Internet just because it makes a good narrative.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree I am still planning to get a note 7 this whole story doesn't add up

It seems too quick and concise for timing, iPhone replacement, pictures of box etc- but could (probably) be simply how it played out.

Still think we need to ask if he owned a Jeep. ;) :)

The legend is already growing. Now I see posts in places where the phone was like Alien acid and burned a whole THROUGH the floor. Heck, even the title here and the articles claim it exploded. Hysteria over fact. Media method now more than ever.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Have one of the news channels playing in the background right now for the last hour. They have mentioned the Louisville story 3 times already.
Avg consumer will only remember Samsung & 7 something. Tech people will obviously know the difference, but would have to think this is going to compound the negative across the board for all 7 series Samsung devices. Then add the misinformation the avg sales person throws in at the stores. :mad:

This.

While this battery issue in this one case could be a typical li-ion battery issue seen by most manufacturers, a high-profile recall will put a target on Samsung and justifiably so. They lost a lot of trust, and stories like this one is just a part of the aftermath. Anyone who really thought that Samsung and the Note 7 line (and possibly the entire 7 line) were going to walk away unscathed were dreaming.

I have the S7 flat, and I had a person ask me a few weeks ago if this was the one that blew up. Brutal.

I really want this Note 7, and the price for me has already dropped $500 on a contract. I was going to wait until December as I thought that it would take that long for some killer deals to come along, but these phones are already seeing some discounts that are incredible. In the pic I have attached for my employee plan, the Note 7 used to be listed for $529 just a few weeks ago...now its listed for a cool $0. Resale value on these things are going to be pathetic...I'm going to hold off for a bit and see if this new battery issue is an isolated case or not, see how the publicity plays out, so that I don't get stuck with something impossible to sell later on.

Attachments

• note7.png
    note7.png
    286.6 KB · Views: 73

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely agree. Why would that person even have a picture of their box or have it so quick to provide to the media.
Maybe he's a minor tech enthusiast, got a LinkedIn message from the verge, which he reads, and talked to them on the phone from his home which happens to be where most people have the box their phone came in.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Samsung is lucky Apple isn't running ads all over the place about the Samsungs burning up. That would really damage Samsung. Probably irreperably. Samsung couldn't create a commercial without the centerpiece being ridiculing Apple. Samsung is lucky that Apple has always taken the high road. Because they could really destroy Samsung right now. Samsung was humiliated enough when they were ordered to write a check for millions after Apple sued them for copying the iPhone. Apple could have buried Samsung after that via ads. But they chose not to. Same holds true today. Samsung is fortunate that Apple obviously has never been interested in Samsung the way Samsung has always been obsessed with Apple. That's Samsung's saving grace.

With social media, instant messaging, etc., they just let their fans take care of the bad publicity. Apple fans don't even have to. How many negative, incorrect memes were posted on this Android forum with the Note 7 exploding? How long is this thread...
Apple just sits back and counts their Bejimins.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Come on... your phone just blows up in an airplane, smoking and burning a hole in the floor... you know this is gonna attract attention :confused:

You know you're gonna be on CNN... you just caused an evacuation of a plane and flight change costing the airline tons of money and you have a Note 7 that unless you've been living in Mars the last few months, heard of them exploding. First question flight attendant, pilot... the person next to you is gonna ask... "Was that a one of those Samsung S phones?!! You didn't exchange it?!!"

I'd be texting the wife first chance I get saying, honey, shoot me a pic of that box so I can prove I didn't break any FAA laws and had a good phone before they arrest me and can show CNN.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
The replacements have been out for two weeks. At this point, from the date of the original release, there had been over 30 reported fires. This is just the first reported incident (or second if you count the questionable one in China) which is in the statistical probability of a device with a lithium ion battery catching fire. Of course it gains more attention because of the recall and it just so happened to happen on a plane 🤔 but the reaction seems so knee-jerk especially with so many reports of other phones catching fire being completely ignored.

http://m.nbc12.com/nbc12/db_330650/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=dNHTY5X8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463