10-08-2016 11:00 PM
693 1234 ...
tools
    Look at Samsung washer recall that is 4 years old and they are still having washers explode. I really hope this is not a replaced note 7, I want to like this phone, but if there's still issues after the recall the note 7 could be dead.

Edit.. Let's keep in mind that the Samsung s7's have had phone burn up to. Samsung could be in trouble if this proves true. I might be one demanding to exchange for a different phone also of this proves true, I love this phone to.
    10-05-2016 02:11 PM
    ..... This isn't Jeep Guy, is it?? Perhaps flying back to Florida......
    10-05-2016 02:12 PM
    Gizmodo et al are no doubt Apple shills, BUT Southwest Airlines has no dog in this fight, and their comments make this even worse for Samsung. Not only is this a black eye for Samsung, it is a disaster for the Note 7 device. It makes no difference how good/superior it is to all of the other phablets on the market, it has become the Ford Edsel of smartphones. They really need to get heads down on the Note 8 and bring it to market as part of the Galaxy 8 "family" this spring (G8, G8S, GN8, all with curved screen and SOLID battery life/performance).
    If they don't figure out if there is still an existing problem, I am sure Samsung is in no rush to produce the S8. They need to keep 2 major releases a year to keep their revenue stream going. Just imagine if something goes wrong with the next release, whatever the issue may be. Then, to not have another big release until 2018? Makes no sense.
    They need to up the screen size of the S8 plus to try and lure away some of the old Note users.
    10-05-2016 02:14 PM
    If they don't figure out if there is still an existing problem, I am sure Samsung is in no rush to produce the S8. They need to keep 2 major releases a year to keep their revenue stream going. Just imagine if something goes wrong with the next release, whatever the issue may be. Then, to not have another big release until 2018? Makes no sense.
    They need to up the screen size of the S8 plus to try and lure away some of the old Note users.
    This would not be device related, but battery related. The device is not root cause per the published finding. The same condition would apply to any battery made as that suspect facility.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    10-05-2016 02:16 PM
    Something not adding up. He had just powered it down and then the cell reacted. If that close to threshold it would have fried during charge or while on drawing power.
    Maybe. We'll know soon enough. It's at the Arson investigators office so I am sure we'll know for sure soon. Even if the whole thing is some crazy hoax ( I don't see how it could be), it's still terrible publicity for Samsung and will have the FAA jittery for a long time with this Phone.

I will say that even though I do believe what was written, because the Verge is usually really good, there are some oddities at first glance with the event. It stuck me as odd that supposedly it happened THIS MORNING, and since that time: .... the user had time to disembark, presumably deal with security and questions from the incident, then search for, locate, buy, and activate a new iPhone 7, produce the original replacement Note 7 BOX which is pictured (but hiding the IMEI), all by 1:15 pm or earlier when this article was written at the Verge. Odd, but again, worrisome no matter what.
    10-05-2016 02:16 PM
    I have a replacement Note 7 shipping today and now I'm staring to really have concerns. I love everything about the phone really but it's not worth the risk of even having a small chance of this happening. I know it's rare occurrence but the pixel ( even tho I find the design gross in comparison) is looking like the more logical option at this point. Someone convince me otherwise please lol
    10-05-2016 02:20 PM
    Still not adding up. Instead of Jeep Guy being the poster boy for faux N7 event hysteria, now do we have Plane Guy? I would think not, but have given too much credit to people before.

Plane event is another level, so seems not likely concocted. Still does not add up IMO.

Added: Unless he did not turn it off and saying he did to cover for the incident.....
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-05-2016 02:21 PM
    How are we supposed to believe it in fact was a replacement N7? The article mentions a photo of a box with the black square on it indicating a replacement but that's not proof. I smell a rat. Especially with the multiple comments about buying an i Phone 7.
    The owner did state he had done the update which turned the battery green but who knows. Only reason I don't think he's making it up is it caused a big inconvenience for himself; by that I mean his flight getting canceled and having to sit at an airport waiting for another one to be available. Samsung will get the phone and investigate what happened. Remember the incident right after the replacements came out and someone claimed that their replacement caught on fire. Samsung got the phone and determined that the heat source came from outside of the phone so it wasn't the battery.
    10-05-2016 02:24 PM
    Ugh. My replacement Note 7 (which was actually my first Note 7) doesn't even get warm, but as someone taking a flight in just a few weeks, this promises to be, at the least, annoying, and at the most, very worrisome.
    10-05-2016 02:24 PM
    Ugh. My replacement Note 7 (which was actually my first Note 7) doesn't even get warm, but as someone taking a flight in just a few weeks, this promises to be, at the least, annoying, and at the most, very worrisome.
    I go on a trip this weekend. I need to find a Edge 7 decal ASAP
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-05-2016 02:26 PM
    The owner did state he had done the update which turned the battery green but who knows. Only reason I don't think he's making it up is it caused a big inconvenience for himself; by that I mean his flight getting canceled and having to sit at an airport waiting for another one to be available. Samsung will get the phone and investigate what happened. Remember the incident right after the replacements came out and someone claimed that their replacement caught on fire. Samsung got the phone and determined that the heat source came from outside of the phone so it wasn't the battery.
    Highly doubt faking the event, but maybe covering if did not really turn it off, or not a recall device. Maybe, but still probably does not matter when the hysteria rekindles.
    10-05-2016 02:29 PM
    my current phone gets hotter than my previous one when sitting on the same wireless charger - guess I will just use the plug, charge it and hope for the best, but this article doesn't help. Oh and it takes a long time to charge on the Samsung Wireless Charger. Took so long I even made sure fast wireless charging was still turned on.
    10-05-2016 02:39 PM
    I thought that the replacement devices shipped with the update already applied. The user should not have to update to make the battery turn green.
    Also, he mentioned that his battery was at 80% when the incident happened. The update for the recalled devices prevented them from going above 60% charge. Its weird.
    10-05-2016 02:40 PM
    I thought that the replacement devices shipped with the update already applied. The user should not have to update to make the battery turn green.
    Also, he mentioned that his battery was at 80% when the incident happened. The update for the recalled devices prevented them from going above 60% charge. Its weird.
    They didn't all ship with the update. Mine did it after initial setup.
    10-05-2016 02:41 PM
    Yeah I got mine from a att Corp store and got my update 2 days after.......and if he was at 80℅ then that means he had a new device. I hope this is false or a super isolated incident....
    10-05-2016 02:45 PM
    One weird thing, the owner said he got a replacement on the 21st, I believe that's the first day the the replacements were available. In this news video clip the owner said the replacement was "sent to him", I didn't think any of the carriers shipped the phones directly to the owners, you had to go into a local carrier store and swap them out. Could have been a mix up and he meant the local carrier store but who knows. Here's the link: Replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone catches fire on Southwest plane
    10-05-2016 02:48 PM
    Is this like snakes on a plane?
    rushmore likes this.
    10-05-2016 02:48 PM
    Any phone can start on fire. There was an IPhone that started on fire on a flight to Hawaii last month. One report does not mcan there will be another recall. if your see reports there are lithium battery fires on a daily basis.
    rushmore likes this.
    10-05-2016 02:49 PM
    No more! I mean I have seen people sit on their iPhones in their back pocket an then it bends causing damage to the battery. Starts smoking and fries. I just wonder if like I said before...is there a tolerance issue where something touches that shouldn't inside. My replacement never even got warm on its initial setup while charging.
    10-05-2016 02:50 PM
    One weird thing, the owner said he got a replacement on the 21st, I believe that's the first day the the replacements were available. In this news video clip the owner said the replacement was "sent to him", I didn't think any of the carriers shipped the phones directly to the owners, you had to go into a local carrier store and swap them out. Could have been a mix up and he meant the local carrier store but who knows. Here's the link: Replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone catches fire on Southwest plane
    Well I picked my replacement up on the 20th ...but that is true they weren't shipping them out....Had to go in store......Pretty sure this is just another Jeep case cause a powered down note 7 catching fire on a plane is the perfect storm and a little too suspect....
    10-05-2016 02:54 PM
    Well I picked my replacement up on the 20th ...but that is true they weren't shipping them out....Had to go in store......Pretty sure this is just another Jeep case cause a powered down note 7 catching fire on a plane is the perfect storm and a little too suspect....
    My replacement was shipped. They were being shipped to.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-05-2016 02:57 PM
    Any phone can start on fire. There was an IPhone that started on fire on a flight to Hawaii last month. One report does not mcan there will be another recall. if your see reports there are lithium battery fires on a daily basis.
    Logic and hysteria though are odd partners.
    10-05-2016 02:59 PM
    My replacement was shipped. They were being shipped to.
    Did you get it the 21st..ATT told me I had to go in store
    10-05-2016 03:07 PM
    Mine was shipped.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-05-2016 03:08 PM
    All I can say is if it were true and Samsung issued another recall (which I highly doubt) I STILL wouldn't consider any iPhone.
    10-05-2016 03:11 PM
693 1234 ...