10-08-2016 11:00 PM
693 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    What should our build date be? 9/6/2016 is mine. I thought it was supposed to be later than this.
    10-07-2016 06:42 PM
    Mine is 09/10/16 in the thread for build dates there is a replacement that was built 8/31/16
    10-07-2016 06:44 PM
    Half the storage

Smaller display

More pronounced curve

No hardware scaling to FHD (huge for battery life and still looks great)

Not as good low light camera results

Seem IMO pretty good reasons 7E not in same league as Note 7.
    Well the s7 edge is a little bit in the same league as the note 7

http://www.androidguys.com/2016/09/0...-fire-as-well/
    7AndTRT likes this.
    10-07-2016 06:58 PM
    U know I am starting to wonder if these r battery related. I find it strange that now the s7 and s7e r burning up.
    10-07-2016 07:08 PM
    Bring this up in those forums and prepare to be crucified lol...
    10-07-2016 07:13 PM
    AT&T considering permanently ending Galaxy Note 7 sales - The Verge

AT&T is ending the Note 7 most likely permanently.
    10-07-2016 07:27 PM
    Expandable storage up to 200 gb.
    Only a smaller display by 0.2 inches
    Don't understand what you mean by more pronounced curve.
    Who cares about the camera in low light.
    Half the app storage (apps2sd is problematic)

The curve is sharper and distorts on edges, plus sensitive to touch

Pretty sure a lot of folks care about good lower light pics. Less noise.

That .2" works out to about 7% less surface space.

7E fan??
    10-07-2016 07:27 PM
    I think it has more to do with the water and dust proofing seals on the phones with lithium batteries. That's why s7, s7e and n7. Maybe now that that the ip7 is waterproof rated too we will see them burning up too.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-07-2016 07:32 PM
    U know I am starting to wonder if these r battery related. I find it strange that now the s7 and s7e r burning up.
    Well if you look at the date, the s7 was burning before the note 7. The total recall brought negative attention to the note 7.
    10-07-2016 07:39 PM
    Oh, I disagree... If the FAA banned the phone out of irrational fear, and not as a result of an second defect, Samsung HAS to fight it. Fight things tooth and nail... educate the public that they've addressed the defect that caused the original problem, and that EVERY PHONE with this type of battery can fail in a similar fashion. If they force the crucible of "zero battery failures" on Samsung, well, they might as well close up shop completely because that is an impossible goal to achieve... no OEM can.

Again, this is still the one incident we are talking about. Not 30, 100, etc... one. There are no burned up Jeeps, charred hotel nightstands, dozens of tweets showing scorched Notes, no "Multiple reports of failed units from Korea, United States, etc"... we have a single one that smoked up a bit and freaked everyone out. It is safe to say that if there were other Note 7s that caught fire, there would be several news crews at their door before the thing cooled. So where are the other reports?

I mean, if they had start to come in with the same increasing frequency that we saw in August and we get Total Recall Pt 2... I mean, I'm with most of you. I'm out... I don't want my wife carrying around a ticking time bomb and I'll most likely never to purchase another Samsung phone again... done. I walked away from the brand several years ago but I put aside my personal feelings towards the brand and came back because it suited my wife's needs, but this? If there was another defect in there that serious, Samsung is dead to me.

But I see nothing.. yet... to force me to have to entertain that option.
    You're preaching the choir here on this, except for the part where you feel that Samsung would estimate the gains would be greater than the negatives of a public court case. I do not at all agree there, and that was my point. They will never "educate the public" despite their best efforts in any potential court case. It would all add up to way more negative protracted embarrassment , whether they would intend it to, or not. I don't ever see it happening ...
    10-07-2016 07:42 PM
    You're preaching the choir here on this, except for the part where you feel that Samsung would estimate the gains would be greater than the negatives of a public court case. I do not at all agree there, and that was my point. They will never "educate the public" despite their best efforts in any potential court case. It would all add up to way more negative protracted embarrassment , whether they would intend it to, or not. I don't ever see it happening ...
    Samsung appeared slow to respond about Garage Guy, Jeep Guy, Pocket Guy. All poster memes for the media (especially first two), but Samsung seemed like deer in headlights. The Grandma that was quick to holler, "Note 7!" was caught by someone following the story- not Samsung.
    10-07-2016 07:52 PM
    You quoted my whole post and didn't even read my very first sentence - it doesn't matter whether it was a replacement or not - please go back and read it then try and make a point.
    I read you first sentence. My point is it does matter whether it was a replacement or not. That's the point of this thread. Yes we're glad no one was injured. But we don't yet know how it caught on fire. My point is wait and see. For all we know the man may have used an external source to cause it to catch on fire. Why? Because it's possible. Remember Tuesday Samsung announced Note 7 recall plan was going well and also that their stock was up . What better way to cause damage to Samsung's Note 7 sales. The best rated phone. Who reports the story? None other than the Verge, who is Mr. Green? Wait and see.
    mmsean and jamesrick80 like this.
    10-07-2016 08:02 PM
    Samsung appeared slow to respond about Garage Guy, Jeep Guy, Pocket Guy. All poster memes for the media (especially first two), but Samsung seemed like deer in headlights. The Grandma that was quick to holler, "Note 7!" was caught by someone following the story- not Samsung.
    That is my point. They won't be able control the optics in a court case, no matter how hard they might try, and no matter the facts. It's about the perception of the brand, a court case in no way would help that with all the external factors at play.
    rushmore likes this.
    10-07-2016 08:04 PM
    I read you first sentence. My point is it does matter whether it was a replacement or not. That's the point of this thread. Yes we're glad no one was injured. But we don't yet know how it caught on fire. My point is wait and see. For all we know the man may have used an external source to cause it to catch on fire. Why? Because it's possible. Remember Tuesday Samsung announced Note 7 recall plan was going well and also that their stock was up . What better way to cause damage to Samsung's Note 7 sales. The best rated phone. Who reports the story? None other than the Verge, who is Mr. Green? Wait and see.

If anyone understands the design of a device battery and fail points, it is bizarrely peculiar how the Note 7 caught fire AFTER being turned off. Why not when most recently charged, or when on (drawing power)? If did not chemically short while stressed being charged or on, it is not doing it when turned off. Did a pin diameter sized particular hurl though space, though the plane and hit the phone just after turning off?

Wishing now I had zero clue about batteries, since then I would take the story for face value and not dwell on it.
    10-07-2016 08:16 PM
    Try this on for size. Next time your around a bunch of iPhone users...check your Note 7 for heat issues. I am starting to think this is an issue of signal deception. Send the right one and the phone can run away even off. If you can fry a pc with a simple script command you can use a simple signal to do the same with a cell phone. Yes I'm a die hard Samsung note fan, but Apple has taken a serious beating the last few years. I have noticed my By getting warm around my dad's 6plus. Next you have this rash of phones burning up that are all Samsung. I ain't buying the s7 and s7e are prone to flame up issues all of a sudden.
    10-07-2016 08:26 PM
    You folks do know that other devices have done this kind of thing and not exclusive to the Note 7. If there was a serious concern, ban Ecigs and cheap battery power packs. Far more of those.
    If it were up to me I would ban all ecigs
    10-07-2016 08:42 PM
    I was wondering when the conspiracy theories would start up.
    10-07-2016 08:47 PM
    Hey it's a thought. Oh and I vape so no. Haven't blown a battery yet.
    10-07-2016 08:56 PM
    Reputation marketing can be used both ways. โ˜บ
    10-07-2016 09:02 PM
    I'm texting this from my original N7 while only a few feet away is the unopened box containing my replacement N7. I'm really in no hurry to even open the box.
    10-07-2016 09:15 PM
    I'm texting this from my original N7 while only a few feet away is the unopened box containing my replacement N7. I'm really in no hurry to even open the box.
    Danger, danger!
    10-07-2016 10:38 PM
    Expandable storage up to 200 gb.
    Only a smaller display by 0.2 inches
    Don't understand what you mean by more pronounced curve.
    Who cares about the camera in low light.
    The stronger curved edges make the S7e impossible to hold for me without putting a case on it. Also, it's impossible to find a decent glass screen protector for the S7e, while there's at least still hope in the Note's case.

Apart from that, the Note7 is running a drastically refined version of Touchwiz. But I guess Samsung could release that for the S7 as well.
    10-07-2016 11:32 PM
    Danger, danger!
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    10-08-2016 12:09 AM
    If anyone understands the design of a device battery and fail points, it is bizarrely peculiar how the Note 7 caught fire AFTER being turned off.
    I believe I read that he turned the phone off because it had started to get hot... Which, if true, means it most likely was already in the process of failing... At which point turning it off wouldn't help much.
    10-08-2016 01:31 AM
    Hey it's a thought. Oh and I vape so no. Haven't blown a battery yet.
    Vaping isn't good for you or your lungs
    10-08-2016 01:49 AM
693 ... 2324252627 ...