10-08-2016 11:00 PM
693 ... 2425262728
tools
    Vaping isn't good for you or your lungs
    Probably way better for you than having a Note7 blow up in your eyes during a VR pr0n session...
    justin1578 and recDNA like this.
    10-08-2016 02:33 AM
    Vaping isn't good for you or your lungs
    And extremely annoying. Especially those flavored vapes.
    10-08-2016 02:43 AM
    Battery fires are not new. Lithium batteries have a problem as a whole. And have been causing problems for years.

You can find a lot of cases were these batteries have caught fire on aircraft. It is not just the Note 7. In fact they don't have to in a device to fail.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-issu...ies-1406894115
    10-08-2016 05:54 AM
    Oops just read that he dropped his N7 right b4 boarding! That means it was damaged from the fall then burned up. And vaping is not bad for your lungs.
    10-08-2016 06:13 AM
    Oops just read that he dropped his N7 right b4 boarding! That means it was damaged from the fall then burned up. And vaping is not bad for your lungs.
    That doesn't make me feel a lot better. I've dropped my HTC m8 and iphone 6s slot of times and never had it react like this.

I really want to repurchase this phone, nothing else comes close...just no confidence any more.
    10-08-2016 06:27 AM
    Do you happen to have the link to the story? I'd be interested in seeing that. All I've heard was it "exploded".
    10-08-2016 06:32 AM
    I saw a short video online and don't like how it was displayed. He was interviewed and the news showed him holding and using an IPhone of course, while he talked about the burning note 7 Hmm...
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    10-08-2016 06:35 AM
    Phone internals are designed to withstand drops.

So that isn't much better
    10-08-2016 06:36 AM
    I believe I read that he turned the phone off because it had started to get hot... Which, if true, means it most likely was already in the process of failing... At which point turning it off wouldn't help much.
    Don't think so. Original article stated he said was simply turning it off as requested and it was at 80% when he did. Then shortly after- it got hot and flamed.

Not adding up. Still. Added: Never trust a Louisville Cardinal fan. Ever. Yes I'm generalizing since was in Louisville.

Oh, Go Cats!
    amyf27 and haganjeff like this.
    10-08-2016 06:38 AM
    I came across when I was reading a Taiwanese electronic forum and this guy mentioned why the N7 ignite by itself. It is is the volume key may have been pushing the battery for a period of time and the battery itself won't ignited instantaneously.

Do you people agree why the battery ignite by itself ?

This is the original post from the forum.
    SAMSUNG (Android) - note 7台灣網友傳災情 (第10頁) - 手機討論區 - Mobile01
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-08-2016 06:38 AM
    Do you happen to have the link to the story? I'd be interested in seeing that. All I've heard was it "exploded".
    It caught fire and then quickly burned out. No explosion or Alien like acid burning through the hull as drama kings and queens have embellished.

That sad, the story and situation still seems too concise and convenient. Still not adding up, for whatever reason.
    10-08-2016 06:42 AM
    I came across when I was reading a Taiwanese electronic forum and this guy mentioned why the N7 ignite by itself. It is is the volume key may have been pushing the battery for a period of time and the battery itself won't ignited instantaneously.

Do you people agree why the battery ignite by itself ?

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/p...7579070766.jpg

This is the original post from the forum.
    SAMSUNG (Android) - note 7台灣網友傳災情 (第10頁) - 手機討論區 - Mobile01
    I don't think the buttons push in that far.
    10-08-2016 06:54 AM
    It caught fire and then quickly burned out. No explosion or Alien like acid burning through the hull as drama kings and queens have embellished.

That sad, the story and situation still seems too concise and convenient. Still not adding up, for whatever reason.
    Exactly, since there have been zero issues to date with this phone. Must be the apple cabal at work.
    jbcatl likes this.
    10-08-2016 07:36 AM
    That makes me think of the Bloomberg comments on the issue where people looking at the phones noticed the batteries bigger than space allocated and pinching components. They things are just time bombs if true... expensive snap caps waiting to be dropped at someones feet with a delay pop and burn afterwards. If true that is wholly not acceptable.

Phone internals are designed to withstand drops.

So that isn't much better
    10-08-2016 08:10 AM
    I saw a short video online and don't like how it was displayed. He was interviewed and the news showed him holding and using an IPhone of course, while he talked about the burning note 7 Hmm...
    Some carry two phones. . I do. Ones for work and one personal.
    10-08-2016 08:16 AM
    10-08-2016 09:00 AM
    But in this case it was mentioned that this guy just got off the plane and went directly to look for an iPhone and bought it, funny thing is that last time I checked iPhone was very hard to find anywhere so this guy must have been very lucky.

Like I mentioned earlier, it may have been isolated incident with a problem child battery just like it may happens with basically every single manufacturer and device out there, incredibly bad timing and luck for Samsung indeed, or it may have been caused by an external force while he was boarding the plane, anyone that travels know how bothersome it can get when you have a couple of bags in your hands while boarding, anyways very unfortunate for everybody and definitely not helping Samsung at the moment.

But, unless we see more of this incidents happening just like it happened a month ago, I definitely still trust that Samsung and the CPSC did their due diligence assuring that the Replacements were good to go and this is just and unfortunate and bad timing incident.
    10-08-2016 09:02 AM
    "Yeah, we know."
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-08-2016 09:04 AM
    Basically doesn't say anything other than they're investigating. They are waiting until they have factual evidence before making any hardcore decisions
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-08-2016 09:04 AM
    Another report just came in.

【威力版爆炸片】台灣新Note7首爆 她屁股差點開花 | 即時新聞 | 20161008 | 蘋果日報

English translation Replaced Galaxy Note 7 explodes in Taiwan: report | Society | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

"Taipei, Oct. 8 (CNA) A replacement model of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone exploded in Taiwan on Friday while its user was walking her dog in a park, local newspaper Apple Daily reported on Saturday.

According to the report, a 26-year-old woman surnamed Lai was walking her dog in a park in Taipei when she realized smoke was spewing from her replacement Note 7, which Lai said she had picked up just 10 days ago.

Lai said she quickly pulled the phone from her jeans pocket and threw it on the ground, then waited until the smoke cleared before picking the phone up and taking it back to her workplace in her phone case, the report said.

Apple Daily cited the woman as saying that she heard a "bang" before feeling heat on her buttocks and seeing a lot of white smoke billowing from the phone after taking it out of her pocket.

The woman said she purchased a Galaxy Note 7 in August this year, and exchanged the phone for a replacement model on Sept. 27 after seeing TV reports suggesting that the Note 7 could explode, according to the article.

In a statement issued Saturday, Samsung Taiwan said it was trying to reach the customer and hoped to recall the product and further clarify the cause of the incident.

It said it could not confirm if the phone was a replacement model without looking into the matter.

The incident came just two days after an alleged replacement model of the Note 7 began smoking aboard a Southwest Airlines in the United States on Wednesday, leading the airline to evacuate passengers on the plane.

Taiwan's Consumers' Foundation urged Samsung Taiwan on Saturday to suspend all sales and replacements of the new Galaxy Note 7, because continuing to distribute the model would be like "sending bombs to consumers."

(By Christie Chen and Yang Shu-min)"

Whether after investigation this turns out to be legit or not, the continued plague of these reports can only serve to fuse the Note 7 with the stigma/label of the "burning up phone" further into peoples conscience.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-08-2016 09:18 AM
    The only place in Asia that recalled devices was South Korea, so this would not be a case of a deemed "safe" device. China stated unhappiness to Samsung about no recall effort there.
    10-08-2016 09:44 AM
    Probably way better for you than having a Note7 blow up in your eyes during a VR pr0n session...
    No flaming event for me playing games and watching movies. The device runs cooler than any previous device I have owned. This is due to the heat pipe used to help with VR content.
    10-08-2016 09:47 AM
    If the Bloomberg note of finding the batteries to be larger than area allocated space causing it to be pinched between components is true....

Battery wedged in (Pinched) + drop = rupture of soft battery =

Replacement Note 7 explodes.... on a plane-pop-pop-snappers-big2.jpg

Is that possible??

I'm just saying it overall does not add up, but any merit to that does not matter. The device not on though makes no apparent sense. Unless he turned it off and it stayed on due to an immediate chemical short.
    10-08-2016 10:03 AM
    I believe I read that he turned the phone off because it had started to get hot... Which, if true, means it most likely was already in the process of failing... At which point turning it off wouldn't help much.
    No, he turned it off to get ready for takeoff.
    10-08-2016 10:09 AM
    It didn't look crammed in there to me in the iFixit video teardown.
    10-08-2016 10:10 AM
693 ... 2425262728