10-08-2016 11:00 PM
693 ... 262728
tools
    Oops just read that he dropped his N7 right b4 boarding! That means it was damaged from the fall then burned up. And vaping is not bad for your lungs.
    Never took a drag from a dry wick?
    10-08-2016 05:18 PM
    But in this case it was mentioned that this guy just got off the plane and went directly to look for an iPhone and bought it, funny thing is that last time I checked iPhone was very hard to find anywhere so this guy must have been very lucky .
    The translated link article at the bottom:
    The Apple Daily report (with photos of the damaged phone) can be viewed here

Apple Daily news?
    The guy who's n7 went off in a plane happened to find an iphone 7 immediately and available?
    Hmmm...
    10-08-2016 05:21 PM
    It's not hysteria. My point was about incidents on planes, which are not that often for phones. The Note 7 had dozens of incidents in the US alone. In a relatively short period of time. Samsung's own testing showed a shoddy battery from one of its suppliers, so it was legitimate. They couldn't sit back and hope it would die it, as their business would die out instead. Given the recall, they probably should officially end the Note 7 because any more incidents may harm other lines as the Samsung name is getting a bad rep. Hell, the average consumer just says Samsung phone or even Samsung Galaxy because that's what many people think all Samsung/Android phones are called.
    Dozens? Many were fake.

Not Every Exploding Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reported Was True: 26 Of Them Were False http://www.techtimes.com/articles/17...were-false.htm
    Maybe Samsung jumped to fast on a recall and should have waited.
    10-08-2016 05:26 PM
    Dozens? Many were fake.

Not Every Exploding Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reported Was True: 26 Of Them Were False Not Every Exploding Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reported Was True: 26 Of Them Were False : TECH : Tech Times
    Maybe Samsung jumped to fast on a recall and should have waited.
    Did you actually read the story you linked? It references worldwide instances of "false" reports. Among those are instances where Samsung couldn't contact the customer. Exactly how is that to be assumed it's a false report? Samsung only definitively declared 12 devices as not exploding.

At the time of the official recall -- not Samsung's half-***, poorly thought out, ill-informed attempt at a recall -- the CPSC cited 92 confirmed battery fires/explosions. (That would be amongst US customers only) Reports continued to come in after the CPSC requested and effected an official recall. Samsung's own numbers said that of the 2.5 million sold and shipped worldwide, there may be as many as a 1000 defective phones. Think about that: 1000+ defective phones. Should they have waited until someone was severely hurt by an exploding battery? Or maybe for the first fatality? It's bad enough they took too long for an official recall. They should thank their lucky stars that there were no fatalities.

Again, it boggles my mind that people go out of their way to protect multi-billion companies. It's as if they're on their payroll. Samsung ain't worrying about y'all. Just its bottomline. Which often includes minimizing its expenses, even at the expense of consumers until they have absolutely no other choice.
    jbcatl likes this.
    10-08-2016 05:56 PM

Apple Daily news?
    The guy who's n7 went off in a plane happened to find an iphone 7 immediately and available?
    Hmmm...
    Look who your talking to. One off the wall website. Everybody pretends like its the real deal then makes decision base off that. Lol. Just cracks me up.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    10-08-2016 05:57 PM

Apple Daily news?
    Hmmm...
    Oy vey! The founder is a devout Christian and used the name based on the Adam & Eve eating the apple ruining paradise story.
    10-08-2016 06:05 PM
    Deleted - double post
    10-08-2016 06:05 PM
    Never took a drag from a dry wick?
    Lol. Oh yes. That hurts.
    10-08-2016 06:14 PM
    Did you actually read the story you linked? It references worldwide instances of "false" reports. Among those are instances where Samsung couldn't contact the customer. Exactly how is that to be assumed it's a false report? Samsung only definitively declared 12 devices as not exploding.

At the time of the official recall -- not Samsung's half-***, poorly thought out, ill-informed attempt at a recall -- the CPSC cited 92 confirmed battery fires/explosions. (That would be amongst US customers only) Reports continued to come in after the CPSC requested and effected an official recall. Samsung's own numbers said that of the 2.5 million sold and shipped worldwide, there **MAY** be as many as a 1000 defective phones. Think about that: 1000+ defective phones. Should they have waited until someone was severely hurt by an exploding battery? Or maybe for the first fatality? It's bad enough they took too long for an official recall. They should thank their lucky stars that there were no fatalities.

Again, it boggles my mind that people go out of their way to protect multi-billion companies. It's as if they're on their payroll. Samsung ain't worrying about y'all. Just its bottomline. Which often includes minimizing its expenses, even at the expense of consumers until they have absolutely no other choice.
    I read the article and reread before I posted the link.

I emphasized your post. Yes there **MAY** be 1000 defective phones there **MAY** be 2. Think about that, less then 2 defective phones.
    10-08-2016 06:32 PM
    I read the article and reread before I posted the link.

I emphasized your post. Yes there **MAY** be 1000 defective phones there **MAY** be 2. Think about that, less then 2 defective phones.
    Yes, because when assessing risks, the first rule or risk management is to be as optimistic as possible. Roger that.
    Breuklen and recDNA like this.
    10-08-2016 06:59 PM
    Yes, because when assessing risks, the first rule or risk management is to be as optimistic as possible. Roger that.
    LOL

The first batch had over 100 incidents in the US alone. Samsung says there could be 1000+ bad batteries exploding. They didn't recall Note 7s from China were there were 4-6 fires/explosions before a Chinese user claimed that a "safe" version caught fire. Now they have the Louisville fire, a claim in Taiwan (I think she caused the defect by sitting on it, but let's give her the benefit of the doubt even) and Samsung should just cross its fingers and toes and legs and by-gosh-golly we probably don't have to worry. SMFH

They will learn that very quickly that to be slow is to invite death. Any more incidents in China, any more dramatic incidents in the US with replacements and they can forget about their entire reputation, not just the Note brand.
    10-08-2016 07:06 PM
    10-08-2016 07:10 PM
    Almost burned a 13 year old child

10-08-2016 07:12 PM
    That one could possibly possibly be the nail in the coffin
    10-08-2016 07:15 PM
    Ay dios mio! Guess that finger crossing, aw shucks mentality ain't workin' for them.

Defenders were screaming there's just one. Then there's just two. The Taiwan chick sounds shady. It's becoming a daily thing. Something ain't right. Probably not just a battery supplier. Probably a fundamental error in the phone manufacturing itself.

"Here lies valiant, noble Note 7. Gone well before its time..."
    recDNA likes this.
    10-08-2016 07:15 PM
    No, it's just a cheap POS that is poorly designed. What would be the purpose of intentionally designing it to fail? You actually think they want to people to get hurt and/or die? It's just part of chasing $$.

Never understood buyers risking a $5-10 cord/charger for a $600+ smartphone.
    This is exactly what I posted that the At&t repair dude told me.
    The note 7 is a USb-C charger cord.
    It draws a lot of power to charge the battery.

People are going to the service station.
    And buying 5.00 cords and using them to charge their phones.
    The cord can't handle the voltage going threw it.
    And the Charger done's not regulate the power going to the phone.
    Causing it to over head and the battery getting too hot.
    Breuklen likes this.
    10-08-2016 08:17 PM
    This is exactly what I posted that the At&t repair dude told me.
    The note 7 is a USb-C charger cord.
    It draws a lot of power to charge the battery.

People are going to the service station.
    And buying 5.00 cords and using them to charge their phones.
    The cord can't handle the voltage going threw it.
    And the Charger done's not regulate the power going to the phone.
    Causing it to over head and the battery getting too hot.
    I haven't seen service stations carrying $5 USB Type C cables.
    benjamminh likes this.
    10-08-2016 09:41 PM
    We have a lot of threads on this so going to close it down. Please use the new thread below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...us-others.html
    10-08-2016 11:00 PM
693 ... 262728