10-08-2016 11:00 PM
693 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I love this phone a ton but at this point, I guess I'll keep it until the note8 (possibly another name?) Is released and then pay off the rest of my balance on my note7. I predict Samsung will go all out on the 8 series.
    Or the S8 Edge too or whatever they call the larger screen S8 I think will be a knockout phone too.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-05-2016 08:18 PM
    Its time to stop defending the Note 7 guys. Seriously, its a $900 phone. Any battery can catch fire but that the rate the phone is catching fire isnt the same as other phones. I dont think this guy is lying about this. Unfortunately what was the best phone of 2016, ended up being a disaster.

This was the year for Samsung to take some iPhone users away with the Note. Next year, no matter how good the Note 8 is, the iPhone will get a redeisgn and people will be all over it.
    akin_t, Climb14er and dstrauss like this.
    10-05-2016 08:18 PM
    See I read something like that and have to imagine CPSC chemists would definitely have the ability to test the new Note's batteries for similar failures. Google "exploding [insert OEM name]" and you will find iPhones and LG's and such all have "exploded" at one time or another. This is actually a reflection on the volatility of lithium ion batteries.

I really, really , really, really don't want to have to return my Note 7. There is just no other phone available right now that I want and I can't go weeks without a phone.
    Apparently the reason they recalled all pre 9/15 devices was to not take a chance. If Samsung failed to isolate and immediately scrap batteries with Samsung QC management in place to witness disposition- that would be pi$$ poor.
    10-05-2016 08:20 PM
    I guess the V20 and the S7 Edge are the other main options if you want a large screen device then.
    10-05-2016 08:21 PM
    Its time to stop defending the Note 7 guys. Seriously, its a $900 phone. Any battery can catch fire but that the rate the phone is catching fire isnt the same as other phones. I dont think this guy is lying about this. Unfortunately what was the best phone of 2016, ended up being a disaster.

This was the year for Samsung to take some iPhone users away with the Note. Next year, no matter how good the Note 8 is, the iPhone will get a redeisgn and people will be all over it.

I think people are not defending, but are at the incredulity stage

If Note 8 would keep all the current good stuff, add a replaceable battery, stereo speakers, 4K mode for VR, water resistance- watch folks forgive
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    10-05-2016 08:24 PM
    I don't want a phone around my 2 year old if it's unsafe. Pretty much done with this fiasco.
    10-05-2016 08:25 PM
    Tomorrow is my 14th day. I wont bother returning it because if they recall it wont mattsr.
    Im on a bogo too and would have to get another Samsung. Really liked my loaner s7 Active but Im use to the edge now and want something VR compatible.

I hope this all just BS though.
    10-05-2016 08:26 PM
    The kicker is that Tim Baxter himself publicly and clearly stated that the Note7 batteries in the new ones are "safe".

If they find out that the new ones have a flaw, they're gonna be in even hotter water than last time.

The rep of the N7 would be finished at that point.

It's such a shame that one of the best phones of 2016 ended up being a PR nightmare.
    10-05-2016 08:27 PM
    Tomorrow is my 14th day. I wont bother returning it because if they recall it wont mattsr.
    Im on a bogo too and would have to get another Samsung. Really liked my loaner s7 Active but Im use to the edge now and want something VR compatible.
    I hope this all just BS though.
    I guess I would get the V20, since at least the battery is easier to manage in the event of a battery issue

That said, battery life apparently sucks compared to the Note 7 (40% less overall), inferior display, runs warmer, and weak low light camera quality. Meh. Plus it is still three-ish weeks away and will have to set my device up again..
    10-05-2016 08:30 PM
    The kicker is that Tim Baxter himself publicly and clearly stated that the Note7 batteries in the new ones are "safe".

If they find out that the new ones have a flaw, they're gonna be in even hotter water than last time.

The rep of the N7 would be finished at that point.

It's such a shame that one of the best phones of 2016 ended up being a PR nightmare.
    If this pans out as legit:

Samsung should completely slash and burn their battery supply chain (especially engineering, QC and production leadership), start from scratch (as much as possible) and bring in third party auditors to supervise QC.

Plus anyone that forced accelerated deadlines and blessed working production teams with minimal rest. Fire them all.
    10-05-2016 08:34 PM
    If this pans out as legit:

Samsung should completely slash and burn their battery supply chain (especially engineering, QC and production leadership), start from scratch (as much as possible) and bring in third party auditors to supervise QC.

Plus anyone that forced accelerated deadlines and blessed working production with minimal rest. Fire them all.
    I'm just hoping that this would lead to big improvements in the future. Not just for Samsung, but everyone else.

The whole Note 7 thing is turning out to be an outright mess.
    rushmore likes this.
    10-05-2016 08:37 PM
    Who's fault would it really be? Samsung's or shoddy factories with poor quality control and inspections?

Samsung can't manage the factories they outsource to directly.
    10-05-2016 08:45 PM
    Who's fault would it really be? Samsung's or shoddy factories with poor quality control and inspections?

Maybe they shouldnt deal with those shobby factories then.
    10-05-2016 08:47 PM
    And some people are overreacting here. Approximately one phone, (the other report from China being debunked) out of a million new Note 7s has issues....IF the report is true.

Both, because ultimately, it has Samsung's name on it, and they are also responsible for final QC testing on the finished product.
    Maybe they shouldnt deal with those shobby factories then.
    Just about every phone company these days is at the mercy of poorly run factories. This may be a taboo subject for some, but it's true.
    10-05-2016 08:48 PM

Apparently was part of their vertical operations and not a typical contract out. Part of the investigation pointed out QC issues and working teams too hard to meet deadlines for production to beat the iPhone release. Then after that, they (if this issue and others in China pan out) failed to make sure batteries in post recall batches were secure. Recall 101 failure.
    10-05-2016 08:49 PM
    Don't hurt me...but more free gifts if we get our second loaners by October 9th...but surely not giving up my flawless phone this time...they would have to deactivate the imei for me to release it and remove all service
    sandra_17 and treedabl like this.
    10-05-2016 08:50 PM
    Apparently was part of their vertical operations and not a typical contract out. Part of the investigation pointed out QC issues and working teams too hard to meet deadlines for production to beat the iPhone release. Then after that, they (if this issue and others in China pan out) failed to make sure batteries in post recall batches were secure. Recall 101 failure.
    Insufficient QC during a recall on a replacement batch is just plain wrong.

Thats not how you do it.
    10-05-2016 08:58 PM
    Has AT&T or Sammy confirmed that the IMEI that was printed on the box is indeed the IMEI of the device? I suppose, however unlikely, they could have shipped a bad phone with the wrong label.... Like I said.. unlikely, but still be nice to confirm.
    10-05-2016 08:58 PM
    They are probably gonna have to make the phones our of something strong enough that when people put their phones in their back pocket and crack the mother board that it don't short out.
    Ive had repair people to talk enough this a lot. It also causes battery life to decrease.
    10-05-2016 09:00 PM
    My wife was due for an upgrade and I almost bought this phone for $500cdn on a 2 year contract in Sept. Was thinking it would be a few months before prices really dropped, and was going to move in then....Yesterday the price list for her plan shows the Note 7 marked down to $0 already on the same plan. Prices are already dropping. Was going to jump on one, but looks like I still have to hold off due to this news. I travel a lot and I have to have a phone that I can use on a plane for music and movies to keep me occupied.
    10-05-2016 09:01 PM
    My wife was due for an upgrade and I almost bought this phone for $500cdn on a 2 year contract in Sept. Was thinking it would be a few months before prices really dropped, and was going to move in then....Yesterday the price list for her plan shows the Note 7 marked down to $0 already on the same plan. Prices are already dropping. Was going to jump on one, but looks like I still have to hold off due to this news. I travel a lot and I have to have a phone that I can use on a plane for music and movies to keep me occupied.
    What about the role static electricity plays in this?
    10-05-2016 09:02 PM

This.

I didn't re-buy the Note 7 after the recall because I was waiting to see what the Pixels offered. Well I found out that the Pixels aren't for me, but now I'm worried about the future of the Note 7 especially on planes. I do fly quite a bit, and I do want to use my phone while on planes. If the Note 7 garners a reputation for catching fire, I may have to look elsewhere if the FAA takes action (again).
    10-05-2016 09:02 PM
    None of the att replacements have a V2 that I know of..
    That's nice to hear ...if a recall was placed again I would prefer one by carrier especially if they realize it was the AT&T devices with the defect......
    10-05-2016 09:05 PM
693 ... 56789 ...