Replacement Note 7 explodes.... on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
"and at this point, you may want to consider selling the phone for something better like the Google Pixel or iPhone 7."

These are the comments that make me severely distrust media sites. The Google Pixel isn't even out yet, and somehow it's better than the Note 7? And the iPhone certainly isn't, so that's nonsense as well. We'll see what the actual investigation shows.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How many times could they state "or just switch to iPhone 7" in that article without being an Apple paid advertisement?

plinknatord

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
This just might be the last straw for me... It's such a shame, I love this phone. But I travel for work extensively both domestic and international. Am going to watch the situation closely and if this really is a replacement phone that fried then I'm going to demand a refund from Verizon. It's unacceptable to have a phone that you can't take on an airplane. Idk what I'll get to replace it, definitely not an iphone.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Will be interesting to hear what Samsung has to say once they get their hands on it and look into what happened. I'd be surprised if it was another large scale battery issue only because the CPSC stated that the replacement Note 7's were fine. I would think they would do thorough testing before marking it as safe and allowing Samsung to proceed with exchanges. May just be a rare incident but it doesn't just affect Samsung, google "iPhone catches on fire". An iPhone 6 caught on fire during a flight back in March but I don't recall hearing anything about it.

madgalaxy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I simply do not have warm-fuzzys about the Note 7 anymore and beginning to think that there is some sort of design flaw. I was waiting for the unlocked version then the recall happened. Last week I was considering an AT&T version, but just could not pull the trigger. I have had every Note since the first and hope they start from scratch with the Note 8.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This is really bad. Seriously bad, in every way.

Bad for Samsung. Bad for users. Bad for me if I want to fly with my Note 7 sometime. The ramifications of this are yet to be seen, but if the reported facts are true - it was a replacement, and it was powered off - that really really does not bode well for future FAA bans on the Note 7. Obviously, we have had false reports before , but this doesn't seem like one to me. We will see over time, but this is a really bad development ...

(and yes I agree, Gizmodo is becoming a click bait SEO site and fueling the hysteria too with their hyperbole - "explodes")

ponytd

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm on TMobile and was going to try and go after work to get a new Note 7 since they just came back out today, and they were all sold out the first time they went on sale. I'm not one to overreact to things happening, but now I am wondering and a little worried. Hopefully there is something they're not saying. May just have to go with the S7E

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Something not adding up. He had just powered it down and then the cell reacted. If that close to threshold it would have fried during charge or while on drawing power.

Gizmodo are pure Apple shills. Search and see if you find anything when their spooning buddies at Apple had a plane fire incident.

Logic is out the window now none the less for reason. Watch the media latch on and the reaction be ludicrous speed ridiculous..

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The problem for Samsung, is that any time a Note 7 has a problem, people will IMMEDIATELY and understandably be concerned that the recall wasn't actually the solution.

The crap part of this is that all phones have caught fire from all manufacturers, but due to the recall issue, the Note 7's will always be under a heightened scrutiny. I'm not going to say it's not fair to Samsung, because it pretty much is. But I will keep perspective on it and view these stories similarly to how I view when the iPhone catches fire. As a Note 7 owner, I will simply have to deal with all of the nonsense over reactions.

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
How are we supposed to believe it in fact was a replacement N7? The article mentions a photo of a box with the black square on it indicating a replacement but that's not proof. I smell a rat. Especially with the multiple comments about buying an i Phone 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995